Who is still Wearing Masks, and why?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Masks only required here at the doctors. We've had no one in the hospital with covid here for weeks, maybe close to a month. Our area is considered in the green. Many people have already had it and gotten it over with. Nursing homes and prisons have all gotten shots or had covid. Not many deaths here from covid at all.
One hairdresser in the bigger town requires a mask. Walmart in the bigger town gives you one walking in the door, then everyone takes them off. We're done with it where we live.

I went into a store where I have bought something without a mask a few days ago. This time a new person met me and demanded a mask for entry. I said "OK, no problem", walked out and went in the store next door without a mask. There, I insisted on a sack with my purchase so when I walked by the window of the first store, they would see I have done business elsewhere.

Amish Heart, doctors require masks here since they are worried about being sued. Danil54grl, only a respirator will even begin to filter out something as small as a virus. Everyone in the medical world knows this. It is all a lie, designed to involve the populace in the lie and act as a sign of allegiance to the Left. It is not a mask, it is a muzzle.

masks are mandatory at work, which is sometimes so very bad,as patients don't see your face and expressions and they tend to react badly in a state of delirium,but perhaps it's better in the near future?
but on a positive note ; no curfew

I don’t understand the childish resistance to a public health issue. If a business wants you to wear a mask, either wear it or shop somewhere else. In places like public transportation and crowded areas it lowers the transmission of many diseases, not just covid. It’s not really that big of a deal. And an N95 does stop viruses. Cloth masks won’t stop it but do lower the viral load the wearer is exposed to, potentially helping the Body to fight off the infection better.

Just say NO to this ridiculous looking and ineffective face diaper.
No matter how much you are right Arctic, I only make $530.00 and cannot afford to run into a dork cop who wants half of it for NOT wearing a diaper...besides, I feel QUITE LIKE THE resident OF THE US wearing a piece of material which is supposed to catch the fecal and oral diarrhoe coming from our bodies and should protect the rest of the world from the effects...GP

Interesting that so-called preppers are more worried about how a mask looks than whether or not it is effective. I've always kept a few cases of N95s around because they seem to be the best all around preparation for an NBC attack or accident. The pandemic started when the virus went airborne in China. The same thing could happen anywhere in the US as long as there's interstate and/or international travel. When a respiratory virus goes airborne, most likely the transportation medium is respiratory droplets, the same as with other kinds of flu. The mask doesn't have to stop the virus, it only has to stop the droplets that carry the virus.
Most of my attitudes came from a paper I wrote in college that detailed the mathematical basis of how respiratory viruses are spread. Most of my citations came from documents published by the CDC.
If you choose to get your info from a failed New York real estate huckster or a flopped eye doctor from Kentucky instead of from people who have studied and treated epidemics for decades, go for it. Ignorance is bliss, right up until the bug grabs you and you're struggling for that last breath.
BC, when I got in my truck, I'd wear a seat belt. When I rode my bike, I'd wear a brain bucket and leathers. Now, before I put on my belt or helmet, I drop my N95 around my neck.
On the other hand, if you're incapable of getting your breath if you're wearing a mask, if things really go to shit and you have to do some hard work, you'll probably die of a heart attack anyway, so what the heck, right?

Latest posts

Back