Where is your favorite place to backpack ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
Mine is Borrego Springs and the Sierras.
Anza-Borrego__Santa_Catarina_Springs_2[1].jpg

sierras+van+trip+151.JPG

I would like to find another place to shoot that isn't as windy as the high desert.
However, where i go isn't crowded at all!
Ya i like to stay away from people when we camp, that's why we backpack. You can just disappear. I really like Borrego Springs, but water is a huge issue. We car camp out there just for that reason. I have a few spots in my local mountains that are not well known and hard to get to, but have water, i have seen dear and small game. The plus is we know the area, all the in and outs, back roads and such. SHTF thats where i will be with my 1911 till things cool down. gotta love a 1911

Longest camping trip i did was in the high desert for 5 days. A lot of shooting, and beer that trip (just not at the same time)!
High Desert???
thats my neck of the desert (woods lol) right there, mind if i as what parts?

one of my favorite parts of Cali, is most definitly Yosemite!
you can find all sorts of wildlife and beauty is around every corner.

High Desert???
thats my neck of the desert (woods lol) right there, mind if i as what parts?

one of my favorite parts of Cali, is most definitly Yosemite!
you can find all sorts of wildlife and beauty is around every corner.
Will send you a message

Ya i like to stay away from people when we camp, that's why we backpack. You can just disappear. I really like Borrego Springs, but water is a huge issue. We car camp out there just for that reason. I have a few spots in my local mountains that are not well known and hard to get to, but have water, i have seen dear and small game. The plus is we know the area, all the in and outs, back roads and such. SHTF thats where i will be with my 1911 till things cool down. gotta love a 1911
I am trying to find places like that, but something tells me that is going to be a tough issue. I need to get out more and find a place like yours.
Because when the SHTF it is going to be damn near impossible to get out of dodge via interstate 5, 8, 10, 15, and 40.

I am trying to find places like that, but something tells me that is going to be a tough issue. I need to get out more and find a place like yours.
Because when the SHTF it is going to be damn near impossible to get out of dodge via interstate 5, 8, 10, 15, and 40.
I know, it is not going to be good.

I know, it is not going to be good.
One of the reasons I try to make sure none of our cars ever drop below a half a tank.
If you think about it getting out of Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego as damn near all up hill.

I think this weekend I am going to work on a get home bag for the shirt term and design one for the long term. You know the kind you take when you have that weird uncomfortable feeling.....

I refuse to be a victim.

ya i just got some money, although not even half of what i expected *sigh*, but all i keep thinking about is that i dont have any bug out/get home gear in my car. i mean seriously over n over in my head, so i really need it to STFU lmao.

One of the reasons I try to make sure none of our cars ever drop below a half a tank.
If you think about it getting out of Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego as damn near all up hill.

I think this weekend I am going to work on a get home bag for the shirt term and design one for the long term. You know the kind you take when you have that weird uncomfortable feeling.....

I refuse to be a victim.
Cool, have fun with it.

ya i just got some money, although not even half of what i expected *sigh*, but all i keep thinking about is that i dont have any bug out/get home gear in my car. i mean seriously over n over in my head, so i really need it to STFU lmao.
Dude, I prep my car with stuff i had around the house, Old tarp/ tent, shit like that. I spent no money on that prep, except sealed water jugs.

Dude, I prep my car with stuff i had around the house, Old tarp/ tent, shit like that. I spent no money on that prep, except sealed water jugs.
thats a great idea too.
tbh, i took a bit of your advice, and used an altoid tin. so far i only have fishing gear in it though. i really need to find or buy more swiss army knives to go in it too. i EDC a lighter on me and in my car because, well, im a smoker, but IMHO, i need more.......LOL, hell i always think i need more lol!

Cool, did a first aid one, seems like i am in it all time. I edc a zippo, I don't even smoke, people think i am so f***ing weird.

Cool, did a first aid one, seems like i am in it all time. I edc a zippo, I don't even smoke, people think i am so f***ing weird.
I carry a lighter designed for high altitude and I quit smoking years ago plus I bought the lighter a few months ago.
I too have been told I'm weird for my prepping practices and this site.

But when the SHTF we will be the ones laughing.

I carry a lighter designed for high altitude and I quit smoking years ago plus I bought the lighter a few months ago.

Ya i want that lighter!

ROFL!
"weird" is the nicest thing that's been said around here LOL, i get more of the "you're obsessed" (mostly from my wife lol) type comments, and i don't even have my bug bag complete lol.
funny thing is, like for ie, i asked the nurse at the hospital the other day for the 3/4 bottle of aniseptic iodine (which she gave me btw) and my wife went and said, "ya hes one of those preppers that thinks somethings gonna happen." and the nurse was like, "really? i think that's a good idea, I have a bug out bag myself." HAHAHAHA! its funny, everyone she talks to trying to talk smack about it, ends up telling her its a good idea LOL! tbh, i think that's why shes slowly getting it lol.

Latest posts

Back