Where is your favorite place to backpack ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic's, Thanks for posting them. Looks like a awesome place. Reminds me of Montana, Most of my back packing trips have been in the Sierras here in California. Did that moose give you any trouble ? They can be wicked !
I know enough to keep my distance. You don't want to get them riled up at you. They're faster than they look.

Here's another place. I was just looking for the link to give you directions. Twisted Falls near the eastern border of Tennessee.

DSC-0628.jpg

I used to go there when I was in Lees-McRae college in NC.
You can read up on it here: http://appalachiantreks.blogspot.com/2009/08/twisting-falls.html

i wouldnt call it backpacking per se, but i live really close to the Tonto National Forest.....i hike it all the time....it goes from saguaro cactus forest(lol @ forest), all the way up to pine forest and snow....its got abandoned mines, rivers/creeks, a couple of lakes in its borders...actually i think its one of the bigger national forests in the country....i usually carry a 3 quart camelback, plus two 1 quart canteens, and i use most of it on a round trip hike, plus a firearm and plate carrier(im afraid of javelinas)....its a nice walk and workout

How would the plate carrier (vest) protect you from javelinas? it only protects a certain part. I'm not being sarcastic, this is a legitimate question.

it was my form of sarcasm for illegal immigrants.....yes they get this far up in AZ....i see their camps alot when im out

Oh, lol. I guess you would need it then :)
I thought you were really talking about the Peccas and I was thinking, how does a vest protect his legs? LOL

Smugglers are not just a "border" issue in AZ....but i do use snake proof gaiters when hiking also if that helps

ive actually had packs of javis in my back yard...the pig ones lol...i dont let my son out til i clear it, and never leave him unsupervised...they can get under/over my cinder block wall

Javalinas make good watch dogs.
The females are the best. But beware because they are very ONE person animals. I had one as a pet when I was way younger. Out in the wild they are pretty skitty just don't mess with the babies or the whole herd will come to their defense.

i wouldnt call it backpacking per se, but i live really close to the Tonto National Forest.....i hike it all the time....it goes from saguaro cactus forest(lol @ forest), all the way up to pine forest and snow....its got abandoned mines, rivers/creeks, a couple of lakes in its borders...actually i think its one of the bigger national forests in the country....i usually carry a 3 quart camelback, plus two 1 quart canteens, and i use most of it on a round trip hike, plus a firearm and plate carrier(im afraid of javelinas)....its a nice walk and workout
Awesome place, I camped there like 18 yrs ago, off the Verdi. It was amazing we found so old ruins and a apple an fig orchard.

i done some hitch hikeing in my younger days.and i enjoyed places like the grand canyon and yellow stone.yellow stone is one place i been wanting to go back to just for the beauty of it

i done some hitch hikeing in my younger days.and i enjoyed places like the grand canyon and yellow stone.yellow stone is one place i been wanting to go back to just for the beauty of it
Yellow stone is on my bucket list.

I hike kasatiche national Forrest in central Louisiana it's really breath taking and at 605,000 acres there's room to stretch your legs lol.

one thing about Yellow stone,is..it's dab smack on top of a mega volcano..and if i remember right.it's over due on erupting..or at least close to it.

Latest posts

Back