Where in the US is best?....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenifer

Reaction score
Where do you guys think would be the best place in the US to live for safety and security? I feel like I wanna plop myself up in the mountains of TN or CO....way high up. Covers water disasters and all too. And nice and secluded.

Whaddaya think? What are you guys doing?

I'm in Washington state, relatively decent climate year round wildlife out the wazoo no shortage of water mountains all around and ocean access and Canada is right up the road. Tennessee has a large prepper population as well does Colorado but tn has a thick military population and Colorado has a huge military population plus NORAD and Cheyenne mountain just moved out of Colorado and i have some friends in Tn plus i spent some time there. Not that there bad choices i just preferred having a quicker escape route and a more sparsely populated area to maneuver through when SHTF.

oh hell yeah i have actually put some thought into moving there, talk about sparse population....lol

oh hell yeah i have actually put some thought into moving there, talk about sparse population....lol
Hard to aquire resources but if you become soooper good at living off that kind of land then I guess you'd be OK. Would be a real harsh place to live though. Not a fan of being cold over here. lol

I second Colorado--no danger of tidal waves or hurricanes, and very minimal chances of earthquakes. If you stick close to the mountains, particularly on the eastern slope, the climate is very pleasant. My area (southern) does tend to be pretty dry, but there are numerous streams/creeks/reservoirs and plenty of farmland. It isn't unusual to have large herds of free roaming cattle in the rural areas, either. Steak, yum!

Colorado, wyoming , montana, high mountains plus some key locations for good bunker placements if you would happen to go live up there.

I second Colorado--no danger of tidal waves or hurricanes, and very minimal chances of earthquakes. If you stick close to the mountains, particularly on the eastern slope, the climate is very pleasant. My area (southern) does tend to be pretty dry, but there are numerous streams/creeks/reservoirs and plenty of farmland. It isn't unusual to have large herds of free roaming cattle in the rural areas, either. Steak, yum!
Lol and pots legal now there too lmao

I have 250 acres here in North Eastern Oklahoma. I already have 4, 40' metal shipping containers and in the process of buying 4 more. There is a place on the back side of my land that is on the side of a mountain and I am currently using a small dozer and backhoe to dig a place out so I can put 4side by side and the other 4 on top of them. I plan on covering them back up with dirt. I dont want to have to deal with tornados or a natural disaster again. I would rather be able to take care of myself and sustain myself if something hit and I need protection from the elements....and crazies that are not prepared!

I have 250 acres here in North Eastern Oklahoma. I already have 4, 40' metal shipping containers and in the process of buying 4 more. There is a place on the back side of my land that is on the side of a mountain and I am currently using a small dozer and backhoe to dig a place out so I can put 4side by side and the other 4 on top of them. I plan on covering them back up with dirt. I dont want to have to deal with tornados or a natural disaster again. I would rather be able to take care of myself and sustain myself if something hit and I need protection from the elements....and crazies that are not prepared!
So..... what you're saying is, that i need to make my way to OK right??? Lmao

So..... what you're saying is, that i need to make my way to OK right??? Lmao

Well, I have always thought a small close knit community would be best..lol. I have been prepping and really didnt know it till a few months ago when my wife asked why I needed so many guns and so much ammunition...and why I needed all them MRE's. why did you buy those 40' storage containers and why are you digging out the side of the hill?

After the ice storm hit Oklahoma a few yrs ago and my mom and dad came to my house because I was the only one in the family that had a big diesel generator that could run my whole house and my 5th wheel for mom and dad for 5 days...people didnt think I was so crazy when I had enough food, water and supplies so we could be comfortable..:D

And the 40' shipping containers, I have always wanted to make living quarters out of them. So what better time than now!!

Well, I have always thought a small close knit community would be best..lol. I have been prepping and really didnt know it till a few months ago when my wife asked why I needed so many guns and so much ammunition...and why I needed all them MRE's. why did you buy those 40' storage containers and why are you digging out the side of the hill?

After the ice storm hit Oklahoma a few yrs ago and my mom and dad came to my house because I was the only one in the family that had a big diesel generator that could run my whole house and my 5th wheel for mom and dad for 5 days...people didnt think I was so crazy when I had enough food, water and supplies so we could be comfortable..:D

And the 40' shipping containers, I have always wanted to make living quarters out of them. So what better time than now!!
Oh i agree, id love to use 40'ers but i need one acre, let alone 250 lol

Lol and pots legal now there too lmao
Ahahaha, that too! And a good 15-20%% of my acquaintances had their "medical" licenses anyways, and I'd say close to 70% of people I know use or have used it regularly. Maybe we Colorado preppers should stock up on cannabis as barter item ;)

Ahahaha, that too! And a good 15-20%% of my acquaintances had their "medical" licenses anyways, and I'd say close to 70% of people I know use or have used it regularly. Maybe we Colorado preppers should stock up on cannabis as barter item ;)
Something tells me itll be growing everywhere post-shtf lmao

Where do you guys think would be the best place in the US to live for safety and security? I feel like I wanna plop myself up in the mountains of TN or CO....way high up. Covers water disasters and all too. And nice and secluded.

Whaddaya think? What are you guys doing?
I am partial to Northern Nevada, Wyoming and parts of Utah.

My family is in north eastern OK

i lik the rolling plain and dryer climate of ok, and the fact thet most people there wont think twice about an underground structure being built due too the tornadoes,lol

i lik the rolling plain and dryer climate of ok, and the fact thet most people there wont think twice about an underground structure being built due too the tornadoes,lol
Totally agree....tornados are not something I wanna mess with!

I find it crazy that a tornado will come through and destroy whole citys, just for everyone to build up for the next one to come. like florida with hurricanes, guess what, there was one last year, there was one this year, guess whats gonna happen next year???? Maddness i tell ya.
Then FEMA Red Cross, etc has to spend money to rebuild, yearly.

Latest posts

Back