When does an 'economic collapse' begin?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me clarify. Ps, GG, I think you are talking about a major economic downturn like 2008. The conversation I mentioned was talking about a much bigger event. Removing the US dollar from the world reserve currency. A repeat of the major bank collapse which the gov't won't bail out this time**. Many major companies going bankrupt.

Something comparable to what Argentina does about once a decade. You might say what's the big deal, they survive. But people there know HOW to deal with it, and Argentina isn't a major world power. Imagine welfare checks dropping by 80% (at least in value, buying power). Imagine pension checks dropping 3/4ths of their value. Riots.

Most damage will be self-inflicted as a nation. I've said before that the first disaster we have will be financial. BUT what it causes and what follows is what will really matter. And it won't matter if you live in Manhattan or out in the woods. You many not have a stock portfolio that implodes, but if the grocery store prices triple, it will affect every single person nationwide.

** The Frank-Dodd bill several years ago addressed this. The banks will be able to steal money straight from your bank accounts the next time they collapse, it's the new law.

Latest posts

Back