What's your EDC ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
Usually I carry something like this on me

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380548147.371030.jpg

And my GHB is either with me or in the car.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380548234.631983.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380548256.044663.jpg

you got some good stuff there..some thing just dawned on me while i was looking at what you normally carry pic..it would'nt be right much less look right if you ddn't carry any swiss army knifes.. :D

That's quite a bit of stuff there Colt, and good stuff too. I carry a Glock 30S with 2 spare mags, a folding knife either my Kershaw or CRKT, a small tactical flashlight, and wear a Survival Straps bracelet. I will also sometimes, depending where I am going throw the Benelli or my M4 in the trunk with other supplies.

Mr. Colt,
May I ask why you have separate pouches in your big bag is it just for organization or are they special items? Doesn't that create a lot of additional weight to carry? I have a water bottle that I carry with me all the time, or it clips to my wheels, now just have to get used to carrying the bag. I can always have it on the back of my chair so Mr. doesn't have to carry it and combine my purse with the bag not in addition to my bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Colt,
May I ask why you have separate pouches in your big bag is it just for organization or are they special items? Doesn't that create a lot of additional weight to carry? I have a water bottle that I carry with me all the time, or it clips to my wheels, now just have to get used to carrying the bag. I can always have it on the back of my chair so Mr. doesn't have to carry it and combine my purse with the bag not in addition to my bag.

Just for organization , the weight isn't an issue for me, to be honest I can't stand a bunch of loose stuff in my pack. I can give you a list of what I carry so maybe you can take some ideas. If you are using a chair you could set up to hold some side bags or something like that.

I would appreciate a list.
What are all the loops for on so many backpacks, just to hang stuff off of? I kind of picture them for extra bullets for a gun?
Isn't there a specific kind of stone to use for sharpening knives. I have the red pocket knife one with a little cross on it like the Red Cross logo. I've seen pictures of them here, it kind of looks like the one you have on the hook from what I can see. It has a cork screw, little scissors and different size little knives but they are very very dull, I will need to sharpen it.

I have what they call desk arms on my wheels, which are smaller so you can fit the chair under a desk or a table without having to have the chair on the side. That doesn't leave any room for pouches, I already tried, it can hold a full size back pack on the back. I can get one that fits under the seat. I haven't found one of those outside of a wheelchair accessories site and they cost a mint! Just had a thought maybe I could make my own with a regular old time fanny pack. I think I will look into that. Thanks for processing this with me.

Just for organization , the weight isn't an issue for me, to be honest I can't stand a bunch of loose stuff in my pack. I can give you a list of what I carry so maybe you can take some ideas. If you are using a chair you could set up to hold some side bags or something like that.
i agree i also cary multiple pouches in my main bag most of which i made myself got on youtube and learned how to thread my wifes sewing machine . made drawstring bags from old work pants and clothing very useful skill to have.

I think your talking about molle straps Lindy. It's a mounting system for packs and gear. I use the spyderco sharp maker kit for sharpening. And I'll let Colt answer the knife Question. (Those kind are his specialty)

i agree i also cary multiple pouches in my main bag most of which i made myself got on youtube and learned how to thread my wifes sewing machine . made drawstring bags from old work pants and clothing very useful skill to have.

I saw on Pintest how to use old jeans to make tote bags maybe I could figure out how to make smaller bags. I think I would feel better if my bag was more organized too. Thanks for the idea!

I think your talking about molle straps Lindy. It's a mounting system for packs and gear. I use the spyderco sharp maker kit for sharpening. And I'll let Colt answer the knife Question. (Those kind are his specialty)

Yes that is what they are, I looked it up on UTube and saw how they work. Thanks! -Lindy

It's a Swiss Army knife depending on the cross it is either a Victorinox or Wenger. Tell me what tools are on it and I can give you a model maybe year. On the base of the main blade is a logo tell me what it says.

The knife has:
A cork screw
Approx a 2 1/2 inch blade
Approx a 1 1/2 inch blade
Bottle opener (I think)
Screw drive (I think)
Approx 1 1/2 inch slender blade

On the base of the biggest blade is says: Victorinox Switzerland Stainless Rostfre 1 (I'm not positive about the last word and number it is really worn down.

Latest posts

Back