What's your EDC ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a skeletool and a skeletool cx
index.php

The cx has a pain edge blade and some carbon fiber inserts . 60.00
Skeletool has combo blade no carbon fiber. 40.00

The small one in the photo is a leatherman style cs, it is smaller then a Swiss Army knife and features action scissors, a file, knife, tweezers, bottle opener and mini-screwdriver. Good complement for a larger multi tool that does not have scissors.

Last edited:
I carry very little with me as far as preps. I live an hour walk from my school so I hope that I'd get home in desent time. But I do carry: matches, a bit of food and a map of my surrounding area.

Never underestimate the power of a coat hanger. I had to go rescue my son off the side of the road two nights ago. He was rear ended by some Twinkie that wasn't paying attention. (He was fine) but his tailpipe was crumpled and pushed up against the tire. So, I grabbed some tools and went down to see what he needed. I used a cordless saws all to cut the restricted tailpipe and used two wire coat hangers to resupport the muffler, enough to get it home and the shop later. I always have a multi tool on my hip, and a 9mm in the glovebox, but up to now haven't had much else. Over the next couple of weeks I'll build a good kit to keep in the car. Any ideas?

I'll have to post up some pics. I have my GHB (get home bag) in my truck with me always. (it fits behind my rear seat, so out of the way, and unseen)
It's a well-padded backpack with an emergency handle and lots of carabiners.

For water, I carry two metal drinking bottles of water (with carabiner clips to hold in the drink pouches). I need to add one of those Clean Sip straws (on my X-mas list). I also need to pick up some water purification tablets.

For food, I carry a couple cans of Vienna Sausages, Beef Stew (can cook right in the can), Beef Jerky, Fruit Snacks, Some PB Crackers, and an extending camp fire fork for any small game I might need to cook on the way. I need to add some ration bars, and a folding camp stove (on my X-mas list)

For weapons, I carry a .22 revolver pistol, and 2 boxes of ammo. Sure, it isn't much, but it is what I have currently to spare in the truck. I'd like to up this to a 9mm or .40 when able though. I also have a decent combat knife, and a large machete. Different guns at home, but this is all about the GHB.

For communication, I carry a hand crank radio/flashlight cell charger. I also have a little Motorola walkie, for once I'm within a mile of the ranch. (we have a code for contact times, if anything happens). If in the truck, I also have the CB radio.

Shelter-wise, I can roll up my truck bed tarp and attach it to the bottom of my pack using the carabiners there (can you tell I love these things?), and bungees around it (for making a tent). I also have a heavy duty poncho in the pack for rain (the only real severe weather threat here).

Fire-wise, I have matches and lighters, but want to add a fire striker.

For first aid, I made a little waterproof kit with bandages, OTC drugs, and some minor surgical supplies, ACE bandage, antibiotic, super glue (for closing wounds), etc. I have some Cipro for Anthrax, and some Potassium Iodide for radiation also.

Tool-wise, a Swiss Army Knife, Multi-Tool, a few other little multi-tool options, cord and rope, some wire, and duct tape. I have a couple of flashlights in there, and a headlamp one as well. (I also have a traveling tool bag in the truck with normal everyday tools, but it is too heavy to take on foot with me if I have to leave the truck).

In the truck, I have a collapsible gas can, a collapsible water jug, a siphon kit, hyrdro jack, full-size spare, tire iron, 4-way lug wrench, some extra canned food items (stew mostly), and some bottled water. I also have a change of clothes (shorts, shirt, and hiking boots) I keep in the truck, and some spare socks in the GHB.

There are things I want to add, but for now, this has all the basics I need to make the 40 mile trek home should I be at work when the SHTF, and unable to drive home.

I'll have to post up some pics. I have my GHB (get home bag) in my truck with me always. (it fits behind my rear seat, so out of the way, and unseen)
It's a well-padded backpack with an emergency handle and lots of carabiners.

For water, I carry two metal drinking bottles of water (with carabiner clips to hold in the drink pouches). I need to add one of those Clean Sip straws (on my X-mas list). I also need to pick up some water purification tablets.

For food, I carry a couple cans of Vienna Sausages, Beef Stew (can cook right in the can), Beef Jerky, Fruit Snacks, Some PB Crackers, and an extending camp fire fork for any small game I might need to cook on the way. I need to add some ration bars, and a folding camp stove (on my X-mas list)

For weapons, I carry a .22 revolver pistol, and 2 boxes of ammo. Sure, it isn't much, but it is what I have currently to spare in the truck. I'd like to up this to a 9mm or .40 when able though. I also have a decent combat knife, and a large machete. Different guns at home, but this is all about the GHB.

For communication, I carry a hand crank radio/flashlight cell charger. I also have a little Motorola walkie, for once I'm within a mile of the ranch. (we have a code for contact times, if anything happens). If in the truck, I also have the CB radio.

Shelter-wise, I can roll up my truck bed tarp and attach it to the bottom of my pack using the carabiners there (can you tell I love these things?), and bungees around it (for making a tent). I also have a heavy duty poncho in the pack for rain (the only real severe weather threat here).

Fire-wise, I have matches and lighters, but want to add a fire striker.

For first aid, I made a little waterproof kit with bandages, OTC drugs, and some minor surgical supplies, ACE bandage, antibiotic, super glue (for closing wounds), etc. I have some Cipro for Anthrax, and some Potassium Iodide for radiation also.

Tool-wise, a Swiss Army Knife, Multi-Tool, a few other little multi-tool options, cord and rope, some wire, and duct tape. I have a couple of flashlights in there, and a headlamp one as well. (I also have a traveling tool bag in the truck with normal everyday tools, but it is too heavy to take on foot with me if I have to leave the truck).

In the truck, I have a collapsible gas can, a collapsible water jug, a siphon kit, hyrdro jack, full-size spare, tire iron, 4-way lug wrench, some extra canned food items (stew mostly), and some bottled water. I also have a change of clothes (shorts, shirt, and hiking boots) I keep in the truck, and some spare socks in the GHB.

There are things I want to add, but for now, this has all the basics I need to make the 40 mile trek home should I be at work when the SHTF, and unable to drive home.
Great list, you've been collecting for a while. Since I live in the south heat is my biggest problem for the food and water. I'll start collecting a small backpack together with mostly stuff I allready have, and will go from there. I have an outstanding main bug out bag, but am almost ashamed I haven't done anything for the vehicle.

Great list, you've been collecting for a while. Since I live in the south heat is my biggest problem for the food and water. I'll start collecting a small backpack together with mostly stuff I allready have, and will go from there. I have an outstanding main bug out bag, but am almost ashamed I haven't done anything for the vehicle.

I carry food, water, first aid, fire kit, flash lights, radio, pocket stove, tool kit, duct tape, zip ties, poncho, trying to remember what's in my GHB, hygiene stuff and in the car a tent and tarp, wool blanket, thermal rest. I know I am forgetting stuff but you get the idea.

Maxpedition gear slinger with a poncho and rain suit, knife IFAK and a backup 1st aid kit, couple mre's, flares, matches and glow sticks and 550 cord space blanket and some other stuff that i'm brain farting on. Carry flashlight, glock 30, 2 mags, a folder knife and a swiss army knife and a phone at all times.

I carry food, water, first aid, fire kit, flash lights, radio, pocket stove, tool kit, duct tape, zip ties, poncho, trying to remember what's in my GHB, hygiene stuff and in the car a tent and tarp, wool blanket, thermal rest. I know I am forgetting stuff but you get the idea.

Hi Mr. Colt,
I've never heard of a " pocket stove. " How is it fueled, where did you get one? I'm very interested, I might want to look into that for us.
Lindy

Hi Mr. Colt,
I've never heard of a " pocket stove. " How is it fueled, where did you get one? I'm very interested
Here is the one I have in my BOB. It is not really designed for cooking, more for heating up freeze dried meals. Although I guess if you burn enough fuel tablets together you might be able to bring a pot to boil.

I have a large steel cup that I will use with it for heating freeze dried meals. It comes with 24 fuel tablets that are stored inside it.

http://www.amazon.com/Coghlans-Emergency-Stove-Stoves-Camping/dp/B00FGP0824/ref=pd_sbs_sg_2

EmergencyStove.jpg

Hi Mr. Colt,
I've never heard of a " pocket stove. " How is it fueled, where did you get one? I'm very interested, I might want to look into that for us.
Lindy

Here is a photo, the Doc covered the info. I use the esbit fuel tablets one cube will boil 12 oz of water depending on elevation. The good thing is they do not make any noise and really no flame.

I threw in the Swiss for size comparison
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384913531.395693.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384913551.333212.jpg

Last edited:
Its not actually a part of the stove its used to roll the top of the actual stove so that the edges are gone..

Here is the one I have in my BOB. It is not really designed for cooking, more for heating up freeze dried meals. Although I guess if you burn enough fuel tablets together you might be able to bring a pot to boil.

This is actually the same one I plan on adding to my bag (used one before camping). They heat up canned food pretty well too. To boil, it would likely take a couple of tablets worth. Like he said though, no real flame or noise, so a pretty covert option. It's great for heating up canned food that is already cooked (and could be eaten cold), but is otherwise better hot.

nice lil set up..the gloves reminds me.i need some new ones.that super glue be great for closeing up minor cuts just to stop the bleeding and cut down in infection.

Personally, my kit for in the city, just around town and in school are 3 separate things. (Sorry no pics D: )

City: multi tool
Water bottle
Never stick
Lighter
10 euro in pocket change
Pocket knife
24 hours worth of food

Around: never stick
Fire starter
Lighter
Multi tool
Pocket knife
Water bottle
24 hours worth of food
550 paracord

School: nerve stick
24 hours of food (nut free, evil allergy policy
Kleenex

As you can see I don't want any problems at school. May add my fire starter but I'm not sure yet

Latest posts

Back