Must Read What's your 2020 prepping plans and goals?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never underestimate the stupidity of the American people. So if water is on the list you have to go out and buy it?

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

You would say these people have more money than good sense, but these people have no sense.

Not busting your chops Doc. I'm just saying.

So far this year we are working on building a good stock of essential canned and dried foods and herbs and spices. I have challenged my wife who is a superb cook to build up a repertoire of recipes where the entire recipe is made with what we have in stock. I have also ordered a 6x3 m polycarbonate greenhouse and will be looking to make raised beds for outside in a variety of ways using pallets or old IBC containers cut in half. I have back issues and want to be able to tend our plants without bending too much. Our aim is to grow loads of veg and learn how to preserve and freeze. At present as an agricultural contractor with plenty of friends and neighbours with cattle and sheep I don’t feel too worried about a shortage of meat.

Oddcaliber; I live in a small double-wide; not much storage space, so I stack stuff, in bottoms of closets, and in the back bath tub. It holds a lot! Under a table, etc.

If you have room under the double wide, you can store water and set a couple of 55gal barrels behind the double wide?

Last edited:
Just bought six chicks to eventually add to our flock of eight chickens. Intend keeping rooster as well, bought chicken rearing books, incubator and other bits.
Spent the three day weekend making plant containers out of pallets.
Cleaned out our local gunshop yesterday of powders and large rifle primers. Am UK based and 99.9% over here are unaware of ammunition shortages elsewhere.

More lockdowns announced every day in Europe. France, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Greece all have restrictions with UK. Hungary closed border on 1st Sept.

Prepping is a lonely place to be whilst waiting for sheeple to get sheared.

Just bought six chicks to eventually add to our flock of eight chickens. Intend keeping rooster as well, bought chicken rearing books, incubator and other bits.
Cleaned out our local gunshop yesterday of powders and large rifle primers. Am UK based and 99.9% over here are unaware of ammunition shortages elsewhere.

More lockdowns announced every day in Europe. France, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Greece all have restrictions with UK. Hungary closed border on 1st Sept.

Sounds like you are way ahead of most over there. Good for you! Make sure you know of a few locations to pick up some meat rabbits if things really go down the tube.

We also got some lil peepers to join our older chickens. They just started laying eggs. Super cute and curious chickens!

we want to get set up with a wind turbine and also dig a large root cellar on the side of the hill. Big plans before frost.

It was very cool this morning so I took four rifles to the range and made a day of it. All but one were shooting spot on. Gotta figure out what's up with the one that was misbehaving.

I also took some 45 Colt plinking loads and shot steel plates with them...one handed of course. I even did some weak side one handed practice. I use 230 grain cast bullets that are designed for the 45 ACP, but they are .454" in diameter so they work fine with no leading in the 45 Colt. The shoot minute-of-plate anyhow, LOL. If I ever get started in Cowboy Action shooting, they should be perfect.

Bought some 303 ammo because there was plenty of it. I used to be a big advocate for standard NATO calibers like 308, 5.56 and 9mm. Good luck finding any unless you are so hard up you are willing to stalk the sporting good stores or pay ridiculous prices. Luckily I have some unpopular rifle calibers that I can still go find ammo for no problem like 30-06 and 303. Draw back is that they are not cheap either, but I don’t shoot that many deer in a year anyhow. I may have made a mistake in standardizing my calibers, but got lucky because I keep the old guns around. Best advice I ever got “There are two things you never sell, land and guns.”

This has been a bad summer for us to get any of our construction plans completed. If we get any moisture before the ground freezes up or the snow falls (doubtfull) I may get a couple projects started. I had plans to add a couple miles of new cross fencing but the ground is too hard to dig any post holes right now. Same for the new (16×16) storage building that I planed to build.
I've decided to build a new wood shed closer to the house. Its possible that I may get it built before winter. The wood shed I built last year will be used to store the snow blowers, wood spliter and one of the ATV's.
I'll be lucky just to get the rest of our hay in and split 8 cord of firewood before snowfall.

with all the UK shell restrictions on 00Buck and slugs - I'd have a MEC loader and doing some lead casting if necessary .....

I guess its time to start planning on 2021 building projects now. Starting as soon as the snow melts I'm going to add a 16×24 addition on to the barn, build a meat chicken coop, build a 16×36 cover over our rear deck, build a garden shed for the wife, expand the corral (feed lot) by the barn, add a couple miles of new fencing and apply for 40 acres of water rights and put in an irrigation system. I'm also thinking about putting in a new pond in one of our draws. It could hold several acres of water plus I'd like to dig out our current pond to hold more water.

Latest posts

Back