Must Read What's your 2020 prepping plans and goals?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for land in Canada...somewhat near Vermont or Maine. But, for now, just exploring the pros and cons of going expat. Tons of homework first.

would definately fortyfie those doors,somehow they seem to be the first entry point for crack heads,then they try the windows.
glad that you think about the your future too ( kid ) a boored kid can be a lot work ( own experience ), the way things go right now,it's better to be preped.

how's your first aid skills?

that's true to, so far only know basic first aid gonna read up on more things to advance

Fortifying the door is a great idea. There are lots of lock reinforcement plates on the market, longer screws, etc. Bars for windows are expensive and a possible fire escape hazard. I put some inexpensive loud contact sensors on all the windows and doors. They are extremely loud and would even wake up a deaf person. Peel and stick installation and cheap from amazon. No one will be sneaking in your house with them on.
welcome.

Gonna start fortifying the doors some time this coming week. I'll look into the contact sensors for the windows and doors. Nope they can try to break in but we'll be ready our bedroom is off the doorway as soon as we land on 2nd floor and have a clear shot view of the downstairs doorway.

prepping starts with the everyday type SHTF preventions >>> 10,000X more likely to have a regular crooked crook trouble than a riot or SHTF time looter situation ...

before you get all BS wrapped up with some specialty bug out BOV or concerned with the wild possibility of needing an EMP proof BOV >>> make sure you can change a tire when necessary - the windshield washer bottle is filled - change your oil on schedule - have wipers that work - tires with tread - ect ect

That's true to yup I'm good with tire changing and i change my oil and wipers daily

I went and walked the Neiborhood this morning. Noting the places at each end of the only road that leads into my Neiborhood. We plan on guarding and barracading these ways into the Neiborhood if civil unrest reaches a certain point. We have cooperation with some others in the area. My personal property only has one road access, there's 10s to 100s of acres of woods and marsh that seperate our Neiborhood from any other roads.

Since I got broken this spring I've had to delay a lot of my construction projects until next year. But I did buy a snow blower for my side by side. I'm putting it together now. Also bought a 300 gallon diesel tank for my generator. Picked it up last week. The 4 tank stand braces are missing and they haven't shipped the hose kit yet.
Got a few more loads of gravel to fill the worst of the ruts in front of the barn. I managed to get one load of hay put away last week. I have to admit the doctor and wife was probably right. I better find some help. Got 8 cord of firewood coming soon. I'm trading a steer for about 6 cord so I only have to pay for 2 cord.
My medical bills are starting to come in now. Wow! I guess the hospital needs a new wing and the doctor wants a new boat, and I have to sell my boat.

Gonna start fortifying the doors some time this coming week. I'll look into the contact sensors for the windows and doors. Nope they can try to break in but we'll be ready our bedroom is off the doorway as soon as we land on 2nd floor and have a clear shot view of the downstairs doorway.
Likely the sensor/alarms will scare most off but will wake you without a doubt. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZMG4M85/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
they are loud.

I really didn't do anything differently for 2020. Maybe I have been doing it for so long prepping has become a life style. I am always reading and looking to see if I have any holes, or anything I might have missed. When I find them I make the appropriate corrections.

I will ask the question of the group. Has Covid 19 or the current civil unrest caused you to do anything differently this year? Did you have to do anything you wouldn't normally have done?

I will ask the question of the group. Has Covid 19 or the current civil unrest caused you to do anything differently this year? Did you have to do anything you wouldn't normally have done?
Hasn't changed a thing for me. But it has been interesting to see just how many people will believe anything their told and have turned in to sheep over this BS.

It did reinforce my belief in how fragile our infrastructure is, especially the supply chains. I am working on more projects to get the place more self sufficient and all the maintenance caught up anyways.

I was most surprised over the panic buying of water. Granted water is not an issue for me. I have ample supply and easy access to more than I would ever need. Why were people so panicked over water? The water system never shut down. There was never even a boil order. Turn on the tap and get what you want. Why the panic?

I can't imagine how bad it would be if there was a real crisis.

During a number of different types of natural disasters the municipal water supply can become contaminated. Floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, etc. Perhaps people were following generic preparedness guidelines which recommend having a supply of water on hand.

True, except there were none of those. There were no natural disasters, and to the best of my knowledge there were no municipalities with contaminated water. I could understand it being local, but not a national crisis. IMHO this was pure panic.

True, except there were none of those. There were no natural disasters, and to the best of my knowledge there were no municipalities with contaminated water. I could understand it being local, but not a national crisis. IMHO this was pure panic.
No, but the generic preparedness lists do have water. Most people aren't capable of clear independent thinking in a disaster, I think we have seen enough evidence of that, LOL

Straight off of ready.gov:
Basic Disaster Supplies Kit

To assemble your kit store items in airtight plastic bags and put your entire disaster supplies kit in one or two easy-to-carry containers such as plastic bins or a duffel bag.
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
  • Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation)
  • Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
  • Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
  • Flashlight
  • First aid kit
  • Extra batteries
  • Whistle (to signal for help)
  • Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
  • Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
  • Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
  • Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
  • Manual can opener (for food)
  • Local maps
  • Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
  • Download the Recommended Supplies List (PDF)

Latest posts

Back