Must Read What's your 2020 prepping plans and goals?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaning to prep in a suburban environment where we're moving to soon in Indiana. Obscurity, heightened security, and conservation of space and room are what I'm focusing on. That, and having a much more robust bug out plan if-needed.

Dont forget when you go out ( visiting your dad etc) always come home different routes and at different times. Never exit your vehicle in a built up area OR return to your vehicle without scanning the area for any potential threats. Always approach your vehicle keys ready and to hand without blocking access to your PDW. Always park nose out so if trouble occurs you dont have to reverse before you can drive off. Never leave bags or valuables where they can be seen, they go in the boot (trunk)

Dont forget when you go out ( visiting your dad etc) always come home different routes and at different times. Never exit your vehicle in a built up area OR return to your vehicle without scanning the area for any potential threats. Always approach your vehicle keys ready and to hand without blocking access to your PDW. Always park nose out so if trouble occurs you dont have to reverse before you can drive off. Never leave bags or valuables where they can be seen, they go in the boot (trunk)
When I worked in the middle east, parts of Asia, Africa etc I always took different routes and times whenever I drove anywhere. When I'd come to a roadblock at night I'd just hit the gas and plow trough it. Most were phony stops anyway looking for kidnap victims. But here in the US I've never been to an area yet that I felt in danger while driving around. Even in Gary Indiana at night. Of course I was always armed anyway, just in case.

My plan for 2021 is to finish paying off all debt. Credit cards are completely done (2020 goal, which I managed despite the pandemic, or one could say because of because I used that last "stimulus" check to pay off the last little bit???). Now I have one loan left and it's coming along. I was working on some calculations and it should be complete by the end of the year.
Paying off debt has helped to increase my credit score as well, so this eventually works toward my long term goal of saving up and then buying some land.

My plan for 2021 is to finish paying off all debt. Credit cards are completely done (2020 goal, which I managed despite the pandemic, or one could say because of because I used that last "stimulus" check to pay off the last little bit???). Now I have one loan left and it's coming along. I was working on some calculations and it should be complete by the end of the year.
Paying off debt has helped to increase my credit score as well, so this eventually works toward my long term goal of saving up and then buying some land.
You are on your way. One step at a time is what it takes. Hoping your dreams reality soon. :)

As of right now I am doing and living my dream world but by late 2022 to early 2023 I will be adding into that dream with another milk cow. If hunny and I can eliminate our house/land note would be the best! We are slowly reducing by paying over every month. That and insurance are my biggest expenses.

My plan is to replace my remote location cabin which burnt down in California fires. I have learned some things from that so I am not going back to that place and rebuild or even try to replicate it in any way. I am trying to go to the far eastern Sierras in a little community and buy a manufactured house for a bug out house. I want to live there at least three months of the year also. The property I want to buy has its own well and a propane generator. I hope to add solar. It has some sort of funky fire place and a wood stove. Nothing outside. So, awnings, one for cars, one for us, storage structures-one for us, one for wood storage, fence off area for dogs and garden, greenhouse, clear a big space for fire protection, get short wave radio--a SW antenna is already there. Get some more gold equipment as the local river has gold in it. Right now I am in a mountain community but no real land, has pubic utilities, not survivable in my opinion.

When I worked in the middle east, parts of Asia, Africa etc I always took different routes and times whenever I drove anywhere. When I'd come to a roadblock at night I'd just hit the gas and plow trough it. Most were phony stops anyway looking for kidnap victims. But here in the US I've never been to an area yet that I felt in danger while driving around. Even in Gary Indiana at night. Of course I was always armed anyway, just in case.

AD , My wife who is very well travelled says though she has travelled globally the only times she really felt for their groups safety was in San Francisco and LA. She said she would return to Algeria, Morroco, Egypt etc and of course America, theres no way on earth she would go to LA or SF ever again, Agressive beggars, drug pushers, filthy sh** covered streets , drug materiels everywhere, homeless under every flyover and park, Cops ignoring crime. In LA all they could hear on an evening was sirens and shots. She envies you in AK

Last edited:
Just noticed this morning canning jars and equipment are back in stock at the local hardware store, I bought a ton as they were so hard to find last season.

Tossing around trying bees this summer- may be a dud, but probably a good thing to get familiar with. Good bartering item, long shelf life.

Do more foraging/fishing/hunting this year, and figure out how to make the most of what I gather and kill.

My goals in 2021 are to adapt better to the current situation and to equip myself mentally as well as tactically, I have the bad feeling we won't get away with a (mere) black eye. For this reason, I am now preparing myself for the ultimate disaster, even if I hate this scenario, if you come for me, you will not manage it lightly.

In the further one I will still amuse myself at the idiot Sleeping Jo, even if the type is for you what very unpleasant, which I regret very much, one can laugh at the fool and its incompetence nevertheless now and then a menge.

Have T-shirts or toilet paper printed in the USA with funny pictures of Jo and Kamala and sell them cheaply, if many people walk around with them it is humiliating for both of them.

People mock Sleepy Joe Biden as though he is some sort of benign gentle grandfather character, I think he could be as dangerous as Uncle Joe Stalin as he also appeared kind and affable whilst those behind him killed millions. Underestimate this guy at your peril.

2021 prepping goals? I'll extended my food and equipment stock last year to the maximum, running out of space. I'll keep it on this high level until i know which direction the ways are going. For 2021 i will look for additional secure location and checking out different escaping ways.
Of course i will go ahead to observe the worldwide and local situations and enjoy my life as much as possible, never knows when things changing to worse.

Latest posts

Back