Must Read What's your 2020 prepping plans and goals?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to expand my reloading abilities. Aquire a drone to test for usefulness after SHTF! Expand my gardening for more variety. Add more fruit trees and berry bushes on my property.

My goal is to be 100% food self sufficient this year, I'm already 100% self sufficient with water, even without any power source.

Do you have a well? We don’t, but a private large pond with it’s own year round springs.

Now that my medical bills have started coming in (what a shock) we're probably going to put off most of our major building projects until next year. That's fine. We're getting by ok. We did manage to plant a few more fruit trees and blackberry plants.
I noticed that several of our black raspberry plants have died. The red raspberrys are doing great.

Do you have a well? We don’t, but a private large pond with it’s own year round springs.
Having a really good water filter so you can safely drink from the pond is a great idea. I don’t drink anything that dosent go through filtration. the well here would be safe to drink but my coffee just tastes better without minerals. There is county water On the property here but it’s just gross smelling. My son still has his house on the back of the property hooked to it but I disconnected a while back. The line is still there just in case but I would prefer to just leave it Unused.

We all know when anything black dies, there must be a cop near by. Look for a cop with Black Raspberry stains on his knees. Sarcasm, in case nobody noticed.
Being able to laugh and make light of hard things in life is a good survival mechanism. Right now though with all the push for the over the top PC stuff your likely to get lynched for a sense of humor.....

J
Me and Lisa are prepping to leave Washington state, we already made some changes, Lisa extended her employment by one year so we should be totally out of here some time in 2022... should be.

Just curious - why leave Washington? Whereabouts are you in WA? I only ask because I'm in WA - Eastern Cascades.

I feel like I have pretty solid plans and supplies. I really need to work on a better way to manage/track our supplies. It's easy to buy and forget or let stuff sit and go bad. There's so much to keep track of.

I'd also like to work more on my garden. I still rely too heavily on markets for a lot of produce.

A good way for me was to start an excel spreadsheet. I keep it on my pc, but also have it backed up 2 places. Make sure you have lines on it for updating product amounts. Print it out and keep with your stored preps. Works really well for me. Give it a try. The hardest part is creating it with everything on it. Leave a bunch of extra spaces so you can add items not on it. i usually update and reprint it a couple of times a year.

We don't like the politics, I'm between Mount St. Helens and Mt. Adams

Can‘t blame you on that issue. It matters. Everything from taxes, gun laws to whether or not the police will be told to stand down when you are out on the roads and DEM THUGS are rioting yet again.

We are still new to prepping with just one kid we will be bugging- in in most scenarios. We are still currently updating our bug out bags.

We're slowly increasing our supplies every chance we get.

During lockdown we found we needed more activities to occupy our son so we've stocked up on board games, card games, video games, reading books, and toys.

Buy more guns and ammo- On my street we have a lot of crackheads trying to break into people's houses and cars.

Build up more money to buy more prepping gear and supplies.

And maybe find like minded people to start up some kind of network or Community with.

Would like to add bars to lower house windows and front and back door.

would definately fortyfie those doors,somehow they seem to be the first entry point for crack heads,then they try the windows.
glad that you think about the your future too ( kid ) a boored kid can be a lot work ( own experience ), the way things go right now,it's better to be preped.

how's your first aid skills?

Fortifying the door is a great idea. There are lots of lock reinforcement plates on the market, longer screws, etc. Bars for windows are expensive and a possible fire escape hazard. I put some inexpensive loud contact sensors on all the windows and doors. They are extremely loud and would even wake up a deaf person. Peel and stick installation and cheap from amazon. No one will be sneaking in your house with them on.
welcome.

We are still new to prepping with just one kid we will be bugging- in in most scenarios. We are still currently updating our bug out bags.

We're slowly increasing our supplies every chance we get.

During lockdown we found we needed more activities to occupy our son so we've stocked up on board games, card games, video games, reading books, and toys.

Buy more guns and ammo- On my street we have a lot of crackheads trying to break into people's houses and cars.

Build up more money to buy more prepping gear and supplies.

And maybe find like minded people to start up some kind of network or Community with.

Would like to add bars to lower house windows and front and back door.

prepping starts with the everyday type SHTF preventions >>> 10,000X more likely to have a regular crooked crook trouble than a riot or SHTF time looter situation ...

before you get all BS wrapped up with some specialty bug out BOV or concerned with the wild possibility of needing an EMP proof BOV >>> make sure you can change a tire when necessary - the windshield washer bottle is filled - change your oil on schedule - have wipers that work - tires with tread - ect ect

Latest posts

Back