What's On Your Nightstand?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's one thing that got my attention..keeping extra batteries on hand.i keep mine charged up, so i know my flashlight is good to go.but yet.good idea on that thoe. great idea about the phone numbers..not sure about keeping the first aid and splint there thoe.

Being in the UK " alternatives" are required for home intrusions, so I have a baton, AK 47 Bayonet and a pistol crossbow in the bedroom, also """accidentally""" laying around the house are high powered cans of RAID Wasp & Hornet nest destroyer which make MACE and CS appear as powerful as fairy dust.

http://www.raidkillsbugs.com/en-us/products/raid-wasp-and-hornet-killer-33

Being in the UK " alternatives" are required for home intrusions, so I have a baton, AK 47 Bayonet and a pistol crossbow in the bedroom, also """accidentally""" laying around the house are high powered cans of RAID Wasp & Hornet nest destroyer which make MACE and CS appear as powerful as fairy dust.

http://www.raidkillsbugs.com/en-us/products/raid-wasp-and-hornet-killer-33

hope you have a long stem lighter to go with the RAID Wasp & Hornet nest destroyer..lol

Next to my night stand is a Rem 700 Tac in .300 Blackout , Rem 870 12ga Tac . Sometimes I swap the Blackout for Mini14 with 30rd mag . On nightstand Mag light , Copy of American Rifleman , TV and dvd player remote , Copy of John Hagee New King James study Bible , Sometimes a book from my collection , stuff I keep in my pockest during the day like phone , knife , keys , wallet .

i leave my keys and wallet in my pants,just in case i have to head out for some reason.on account that leaves my hands free to grab other items on my way out if needed.as for cell phone goes. i do take it out and plug it in the recharge it.so all i have to do in the morning.is unplug it.and put it into the phone case on my belt.

I found this video, and thought I would share it. It has some good info in it.

I like jims idea of leaving stuff in your pants pockets. It makes sense for emergencies and its hidden from a stealthy burglar (since I sleep hard and am near deaf). I always have a large mag light, my 9mm (loaded but not chambered), an antique bowie style knife that looks cool and could be usefull, and a glass of water. I have a loaded 12 ga within reach as well.

A Charter Target Bulldog in 44 Special used to be in my nightstand, but now it's tucked between the mattress and bedrail where I can reach it quicker.
CharterBulldog.jpg

But the revolver is only to give me time to get what's leaning against the nightstand - a Hi-Point Carbine in 45 ACP with a shotgun scope set to 1.5x and a P2X Fury mounted in the front.

Hi-Point.png

The carbine length barrel gets 300 fps more velocity than a pistol length barrel, so it launches 230 grain HP loads at 45 Colt energy levels. And the longer barrel dampens the muzzle blast considerably.

Yes I know the arguments about a light giving away your position and making you a target. But the P2X Fury will absolutely blind anyone looking at it at night.

Last edited:
A Charter Target Bulldog in 44 Special used to be in my nightstand, but now it's tucked between the mattress and bedrail where I can reach it quicker.
CharterBulldog.jpg

But the revolver is only to give me time to get what's leaning against the nightstand - a Hi-Point Carbine in 45 ACP with a shotgun scope set to 1.5x and a PX2 Fury mounted in the front.

Hi-Point.png

The carbine length barrel gets 300 fps more velocity than a pistol length barrel, so it launches 230 grain HP loads at 45 Colt energy levels. And the longer barrel dampens the muzzle blast considerably.

Yes I know the arguments about a light giving away your position and making you a target. But the PX2 Fury will absolutely blind anyone looking at it at night.
I really like the carbine. I've been thinking about an AR for a while, I think I'll look at the hi points first.

I'm a big proponent of the HiPoint carbines, have one in 40 and it's never given me any issues whatsoever. For the money you really can't beat it, in my opinion.

Really like your setup there DrHenley, I have yet to put any accessories on mine. Tried to mount a spare red-dot I had but it didn't like the rails. I have the folding fore grip but want to swap it for an angled fore grip, which will work better for how I hold the sucker.

I have a large knife on either side of the bed, a 9mm hanging on the closet doorknob one step away and my HiPoint in a 3/4 zipped rifle bag under the bed. The pistol case on the doornob is also unzipped on the side closest to me so I can just reach in and draw my pistol. Two flashlights in the bedside table. Probably will add one of those cool Cold Steel baseball bats under the bed or leaning against the corner by the door as well, can never have too many options.

My night stand I have a knife, walkie talkies, flashlight and a hand crank weather radio- which isn't taking a charge- may have to order new battery-. Due to 16 month old son I keep pistol locked up where he can't get to it.

My night stand I have a knife, walkie talkies, flashlight and a hand crank weather radio- which isn't taking a charge- may have to order new battery-. Due to 16 month old son I keep pistol locked up where he can't get to it.
Good point on the pistol and kids. Mine are all grown and gone, so my house is definately not child proof anymore.:).

all i have to do,to reach my am/fm weather radio.is to sit up.on account i keep it on my computer desk.which is right there,in front of me when i first sit up.pluss my pc tower is right there.and that allows me to plug the radio into a usb port for recharging if/when needed.like rainy weather..

Latest posts

Back