What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is damn near new now.. and moving at a fast pace

Lisa's brothers who are iron workers are coming up from Oklahoma to fabricate some remote-pad with voice/call wrought iron gates, install cameras for us around the property and some additional work she wanted. The kids pretty much got our stuff that we needed and wanted out of the house and shop on the property, end of the week they will start fixing up the shop, build a nice office, re do the pantry down stairs. I ordered 1400 gallon propane tank, wife had a 500 gal tank already here but I'm going to use that for the well house generator, the boys delivered 7 cord of wood yesterday. so we are getting ready for winter, my head still spinning from all the traffic and phone calls.

My day was not as exciting as Mav getting his new home set up and secure, but had a fun and lovely Fall day with daughter and grandchildren. We did our first Fall activity and visited one of the many farms around this neck of the woods. There were pony rides, a corn maze, animals to pet and feed and for me the most beautiful pumpkins and gourds! I always buy a bunch from this place to put on my front porch and steps.

Started fall decorating the first of September. Thought I would share some pics!

1600771792742.jpeg

1600772779145.jpeg

This is a princess dress I have been working on for oldest granddaughter's birthday coming up in November. I ran out of the dark purple tulle, but it is comin
IMG_20200922_230151.jpg
g along. I will be adding some jeweled flowers and stones to the skirt to make it more sparkly.

This is a princess dress I have been working on for oldest granddaughter's birthday coming up in November. I ran out of the dark purple tulle, but it is cominView attachment 11196g along. I will be adding some jeweled flowers and stones to the skirt to make it more sparkly.
Very beautiful. You are talented, and she’s a lucky little girl.

This is a princess dress I have been working on for oldest granddaughter's birthday coming up in November. I ran out of the dark purple tulle, but it is cominView attachment 11196g along. I will be adding some jeweled flowers and stones to the skirt to make it more sparkly.

So, so lovely!! You have skill Dani! Your granddaughter is going to love it forever!!

Things are pretty quiet in my area right now. Covid still around and my small county is up to 500 cases and 3 deaths thus far. Numbers continue to rise per health dept. stats.

Garden cleanup keeps us busy as the temps cool down. Long sleeve and jacket weather is here. Still doing some canning and lots of dehydrating. 21 bags of dehydrated food put in mylar and buckets yesterday. Fall turnips, beets, carrots and mustard are in the ground. Cover crop of winter cereal rye this year. My husband has been replacing boards on the raised beds after 5 years.

My 18 year old granddaughter was diagnosed last week with Covid. In her first year of college and got it from her roommates in the dorm. They put her in a quarantined dorm room rather than sending her home to infect the family and allowing her to work online until quarantine is over. She seems to be on the mend now.

Stay safe and keep prepping DD

I love it! Reminds me of a dress I made for my sister but yours is a lot more sparkly. She would love the colors though; purple is her favorite. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!
Things are pretty quiet in my area right now. Covid still around and my small county is up to 500 cases and 3 deaths thus far. Numbers continue to rise per health dept. stats.

Garden cleanup keeps us busy as the temps cool down. Long sleeve and jacket weather is here. Still doing some canning and lots of dehydrating. 21 bags of dehydrated food put in mylar and buckets yesterday. Fall turnips, beets, carrots and mustard are in the ground. Cover crop of winter cereal rye this year. My husband has been replacing boards on the raised beds after 5 years.

My 18 year old granddaughter was diagnosed last week with Covid. In her first year of college and got it from her roommates in the dorm. They put her in a quarantined dorm room rather than sending her home to infect the family and allowing her to work online until quarantine is over. She seems to be on the mend now.

Stay safe and keep prepping DD
The college in my town has been having a lot of problems with COVID in the dorms too. I'm glad your granddaughter is doing better.

We went to pick up Miss Piggy today. She dressed out at 650 lbs which means she weighed in way more than I thought at around 800-850lbs. Speaking with one of the young men at pickup said she was very aggressive to him. . . that makes my heart hurt. I know what was coming and apparently she did too. Guess she should have listened when I had the talk with her. . . I know she didnt understand me but yes I was hopeful. . . . I dont like to put down an animal that is actually beneficial to us. Got to stop by son #2's house and spent some time with 3 of the grand babies. Yep, I so enjoyed. . . So loved every time I heard Nana! I love to pick up the little ones, turn upside down and sway back in forth. . . Even the oldest expects it. Kept hearing me next Nana!! Son #3 and #4 along with his wife met us at our house to take home. #1 son, we will probably have to deliver in the near future.

Autumn is now comming in full; I picked up two acorns and a chestnut and plant them into a flowerpot. Hopfully they become trees later and I can plant them into our small forrest nearby. I think it would be a good feeling, helping a creature to get alive knowing it might outlive all of us.

Autumn is now comming in full; I picked up two acorns and a chestnut and plant them into a flowerpot. Hopfully they become trees later and I can plant them into our small forrest nearby. I think it would be a good feeling, helping a creature to get alive knowing it might outlive all of us.

I love oak trees, but I have them sprouting up all over the place here and have to pull them up. We have no shortage of trees here, LOL. They grow everywhere whether you want them to or not.

I'm still thinking, what would be the best Peppers tree?
I would say, a walnut tree. It is strong enough to build a treehouse in it's Branches and provides walnuts-a favoured nutrition for prepppers and squirrels.
I think it would depend on the area you live in. I have never seen walnuts in my neck of the woods but pecans grow very well here. In fact that is the only nut tree we have here.

I'm still thinking, what would be the best Peppers tree?
I would say, a walnut tree. It is strong enough to build a treehouse in it's Branches and provides walnuts-a favoured nutrition for prepppers and squirrels.

black walnut trees and quite a few of it's variants are not very appreciating of other trees and vegetation >> not going to be growing much of anything else for a large radius around ....

I think it would depend on the area you live in. I have never seen walnuts in my neck of the woods but pecans grow very well here. In fact that is the only nut tree we have here.
Great, it would do it too. As a perfect place to hide, some of these trees should be planted in the middle of the forrest plus some olive trees. Surrounded by useless trees like birches and a lot of scrubs (preferrable rasp/blackberries) for protection and Camouflage. . Rabbits, hares and deers will follow into the nuts paradise. A water supply well or a creek nearby would complete the biological structured hideout. Ok, it will need to much time to create it, but I will start with it.

infection numbers keep rising,waiting for that day,when hospitals go to "no visitors" again,
for now,it's the younger generation who gets infected.....and the hysteria is,well,it is what it is,
I'll wear a mask at work and that's it, 8hrs is enough for me.

the Virus hysteria is almost over in the US <<< could spread around the World >>> after the US Election in early November the REAL intent of the political pandemic ends - and it by pure chance is going to be jiving date & event wise perfectly with the US roll-out of at least one of the Virus Vaccines - the excuse to start rolling back & eliminating the health policies is readymade ....

said it many times - by retail bonanza time Black Friday >>> you won't be hearing ZIP anymore about the Virus - $$$$$ speaks louder

One of my coworkers from out of town loves Ollies. We have one here in town so whenever she's in our office she stops by. I've never even been though.

Good morning/afternoon can find all kind of things there they buy mostly all close out products but has cheaper prices on some things

Things are pretty quiet in my little town of CT where I live. Corvid still around some parts of CT here and there. Got home from work 9 pm found out somebody tried to break into 1 of my basement windows but luckily I did a check and everything was still there. If not and if got in and made it further into the house they would of just got blown away by a shot gun. I bet it was a schmuck from 1 of the two sober houses my street barely had any issues since two of the houses became sober houses.

Latest posts

Back