What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gathered some of my daughter’s quilt pictures . Can’t find where Dani asked to see them, but here are a couple.

This one was not finished in this pic and the updated one she sent is with the kids in it. This one is blue and white and the other she made just like it except it is black, gray and white.
View attachment 11146

Here is another one...

View attachment 11147
How wonderful. I used to quilt with my grandmother. We just used scrap materials and sewed it all by hand. The looked nothing like this.

@GeorgiaPeachie Those are very nice! I have always loved the blue and white themed quilts. I have done about 3 different ones now with those colors. My sister, son 4 and son 3 except his had a little yellow in it since his fiance has decorated the house in a French country theme so thought sunflowers were perfect to add in.

So I did have to work last night, but actually went in at 3pm in thinking of getting off by 11pm in hopes of being able to home at a descent hour and a few hours sleep and IF that were to actually happen, kinda hoped to be able to go today to pick up the new Jersey calf, but even with well intentions, it did not happen the way I wanted. I ended up working an additional 3 1/2 hours on what I needed to get done and then both our 11 pm and 12 am persons did not show up. . . . I didnt get out of bed till 11 am and it was too late in the day by then. Did end up going to the fabric store though. First time since all this Covid crap. I am going to be making oldest granddaughter who is turning 5 some princess dress up cloths for her up coming birthday and since we were in town hunny needed to make a home improvement store run and we needed to go find first birthday presents for the two youngest granddaughters. 1 this weekend and 1 next weekend. . .

So I did have to work last night, but actually went in at 3pm in thinking of getting off by 11pm in hopes of being able to home at a descent hour and a few hours sleep and IF that were to actually happen, kinda hoped to be able to go today to pick up the new Jersey calf, but even with well intentions, it did not happen the way I wanted. I ended up working an additional 3 1/2 hours on what I needed to get done and then both our 11 pm and 12 am persons did not show up. . . . I didnt get out of bed till 11 am and it was too late in the day by then. Did end up going to the fabric store though. First time since all this Covid crap. I am going to be making oldest granddaughter who is turning 5 some princess dress up cloths for her up coming birthday and since we were in town hunny needed to make a home improvement store run and we needed to go find first birthday presents for the two youngest granddaughters. 1 this weekend and 1 next weekend. . .

Isn't it nice having granddaughters to sew for 😍

In my neck of the woods, the car drivers are absolutely nuts, even nuttier than they usually are in Southern Kalifornia. Pure maniacs behind the wheels of 3,000 pound demolition derby vehicles.
I joke that everyday of driving is like playing the old video game of frogger! You just do your best to avoid obstacles....

Today an ollies just got opened 1 town over from me so we made a quick stop to check it out. Had to wait in line though which wasn't that bad they was counting people and the line went fast. Pretty big store but I dislike the stores layout the isles are kinda small but it's better priced to me than ocean state job lot.

Had to be altered video. Modern cars do not have the ground clearance to drive over "Froggy" and not injure him. Fake video in my opinion.

Yup. I paused the video several times. The lighting on the froggy dude looks different than the rest of the scene, and when he lays down in front of the bus his head is still up when the bus passes over him. Nice cinematography.

Today an ollies just got opened 1 town over from me so we made a quick stop to check it out. Had to wait in line though which wasn't that bad they was counting people and the line went fast. Pretty big store but I dislike the stores layout the isles are kinda small but it's better priced to me than ocean state job lot.
One of my coworkers from out of town loves Ollies. We have one here in town so whenever she's in our office she stops by. I've never even been though.

Sounds more like Big Lots than Fred's.
We have a "Cash and Carry" wholesale store here. No really, the name of the store is literally "Cash and Carry"! Except for perishable foods, cases of items are just piled high in the floor, no shelves. Everything is by the case or box - and we are talking boxes that homeless people could live in, LOL.
When my wife had her restaurant, she bought most of her food and supplies from Cash and Carry, and from Sam's.
whMQ2u0.jpg

I had such a wonderful day Saturday spending it with kids and grands. Took all 4 granddaughters to pick up pecans that are falling right now. Even the one year old was into it. We would find one and I would tell her to see ### and drop it in her bag. . . Oh my sweethearts. The oldest tells me she wants to come help the day I make pecan pies! She is the biggest sweetheart I have right now! She is almost 5 now and the other 3 are 2 and under. I was putting away food and bringing dishes in from outside when she runs in to say, Nana goodby, and a hug then she went to see her aunt and other grandma. I continued bringing in stuff from out back when I was told hunny was looking for me. I assumed he was ready to leave son 3's house but I went back out for another load when he found me to say the oldest granddaughter wanted a hug from me again before they left. So of course I made my way to their car where all 3 girls from that family were already belted in. Such loves!! It was a great Nana day!!!

Latest posts

Back