What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The number of cases is really irrelevant. It's the number of serious cases and deaths that will effect the hospitals and morgues. The reason the bodies are being backed up is due to the funerals being delayed by the stupid shutdowns and restrictions.

They pull the truck out front instead of down by the morgue so that the cameras and people can get a good look and get scared a little more. It's disgusting..

That’s a huge increase. Keep doing what you are doing DD.You guys are safe and prepared. The rates are still very low where I am and no one is dying from it. Thank the Lord!!

Rush explained this. If you notice it states case reported not cases that actually died n in that time period. That could be as many as a week or even more. They hold the numbers and submit them all in one day so that it looks much worse. This is also disgusting.

These are fabulous ideas! Thank you! I will have to buy something in a big plastic bottle today and try this for the chickens. It’s been miserable here too.
I freeze a gallon jug and stick it into the water. I dropped one on the garage floor this week and it broke.

Rush explained this. If you notice it states case reported not cases that actually died n in that time period. That could be as many as a week or even more. They hold the numbers and submit them all in one day so that it looks much worse. This is also disgusting.

We are being deceived daily in regards to this virus. Them keeping us afraid is exactly what they desire. It is totally ruining our economy. Saw yesterday where as many as 60% of restaurants are going out of business! That always hurts the low wage earners.

Will we have anything to start back up is the question?

I think my boys maybe out of rut finally! These last couple weeks have just been crazy for the boys, but feeding this morning was a huge difference. Night and day. A couple days ago while cleaning out thirteen Polly Anna just kept running around me in circles with Henry right behind her. . . It was rather difficult trying to clean and keep an eye on his horns. This morning there was no major talking, no head butting each other, just perfect goats waiting on me to pour their food in each trough. Crossing my fingers for tonight. I have a big welt on my leg from yesterday evening when Duke accidentally clipped me going after Henry.

This is just messed up! Per Knoxville newspaper:

Fentress County, TN --- Officers and staffers accused of ordering people to strip their clothes in public:

Three Fentress County residents allege in the lawsuit that Miller stopped the van in which they were traveling in July 2019 soon after they left the parking lot of a nearby Walmart where they had been shopping. Knox News is not naming the victims to protect their privacy.

Within minutes, several more officers arrived, including Stephens, the lawsuit alleged.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in the Middle District of Tennessee, cites two separate instances in 2019 – one in which two women were ordered to strip naked, bend over and “cough,” and a second in which a 74-year-old woman was ordered to expose her breasts.

Attorneys Evan Wright and Wesley Clark also include in the lawsuit a copy of a strip search policy in place at the Fentress County Sheriff’s Office that they argue proves the agency and its leaders condoned the practice.

“Policymakers … knew of this conduct and either acquiesced to the conduct or acted with deliberate indifference to the conduct,” the lawsuit states. “Leadership at the Fentress County Sheriff’s Department knew of this conduct, made no effort to address it, and even condoned these actions.”

Fentress County Sheriff Michael Reagon declined comment Tuesday when Knox News asked if the allegations in the lawsuit are true.

“I can’t talk about it,” he said. “I’ve got lawyers who represent us.”

Attorneys representing the law enforcement officers and staffers in the federal lawsuit admit in their responses to the lawsuit that the two traffic stops described in the litigation occurred. They deny, however, any strip searches took place or that policymakers, including the sheriff, have given tacit or explicit approval of the practice.

It’s not clear from the lawsuit if either of the two incidents were captured on law enforcement video.

The lawsuit accuses officers and staffers with both the Fentress County Sheriff’s Office and the Jamestown Police Department in the searches.

It names as defendants Jamestown Officers Michael Potter and Lance Stephens, Fentress County Deputy Tommie Miller, Fentress County civilian employee Taylor Hart and Michelle Holcomb, secretary to Sheriff Reagon, as well as the two governments that employ them.

I worked a 12hr day yesterday, and drove half way through middle Georgia to get to the jobs. I saw business and restaurants busy as can be. One steak house had a line waiting outside. Hardly a mask in sight. I don’t think human kind has much hope. If people are so selfish and have such little reguardless for protecting the elderly that wearing a mask is too much then we are doomed.....

Brent, I think the elderly and at risk should be the ones staying at home.

That's the way it has always worked with any other health situations. This time, they are trying to inflict as much harm to the economy as they can.

Yes, it is mostly political. These people hate Trump so much they are willing to kill the economy to accomplish their goal.

I live in New London CT it's a small little town seems almost like a ghost town now. Not much traffic at all now accept when people are going to our two different beaches here.

I just happen to work in a grocery store the next town over from me. At the start of the virus we was just like every store customers was going crazy and massive bulk buying paper towels and toilet paper, as well as bleach and disinfectants. We was always stocked up in backroom with pallets of water. Then on most items they had set limits so you could only buy 2 per house hold. Not to long after that prices on eggs and milks and juices had went up. But prices dropped back down and we now have a ton load of diffident kinds of paper towels and toilet paper in stock. My store is busy on and off starting from open to about 5 pm or so then dies down. As of now once in a blue moon we might get a case or 2 of bleach and disinfectants in but normal runs out by end of the night. And at the moment we are out of a lot of cleaning supplies

A lot of my bars here in my town are closing up shop restaurants are open as long as you are sitting a couple ft away from each other and have to wear mask as you enter.

wait 'till the next wave come,it will be toilet papergeddon all over again...herer in my neck of woods people behave like it's over,no more virus,all is sweet and peachy, as a side note we've had a lot of murders ( by our standards ) within a couple of weeks,so the fuse is short here..

Good morning all how is everybody doing? Yesterday I worked 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm had gotten to work about hour and a half early so I went and brought myself a news paper and a bottle of water and some chips. As I was leaving my self check out lane a lady was at another self check out lane she tried to steal 2 shopping bags worth of small boxes of red bull energy drinks. They found out she was only trying to pay not even half of what her order came up to and she walked out the door luckily 1 of our under cover security guards was there and nabbed her after she walked out the door. Cops was called and she got arrested

It's hot as hell in CT has been last few weeks not even sure if she was gonna steal that it'll be red bulls they have a lot of sugar in them.

Pretty much everything is available here except lysol spray and clorox wipes. Pretty much every time I go to the store for anything I check for those and pick them up if I find them, because we use them a lot at work.

Cases are starting to go back down here again now. Pretty much everyone is wearing masks and most everything is open except bars. I think they will reopen outdoor areas for those soon. Students are going back to school, they are wearing masks unless they are sitting in their desks which are separated with clear plastic dividers. We are putting together a ladies' event at my church and we have to follow distancing guidelines, so I suggested the plastic dividers so we can be closer and have conversation while eating (which is always an important part of church functions at Baptist churches, lol). But the other people didn't like this idea so I don't know exactly how it's going to work out.

I am working more hours and trying to be more mindful of spending frugally and saving more in case something happens. I have a feeling that things are not going to be getting better very soon and will in fact be getting worse.

Hello all, Just home from work not to long ago. I worked 5pm to 9pm work was kinda quiet and slow. All staff and customers that come into the grocery store I work in have to wear either a face shield or a mask and must remain 6ft away from other shoppers. And all the aisles are one-way lanes. Fire marshal has a limit of customers in our store no more than about 283.

I'm the only grocery just about in my location so I get first dips to see what comes in on the pallets. Still no Lysol spray or Clorox wipes. and sadly I just found out from my asst. manager we are also having a hard time even getting gram crackers, aluminum foil in. As of now we have tons of all kinds of marshmallows and as part of our nightly shipment tonight we just got tons of pallets of water back in stock.

I don't know what to think,,,,,Walmart is only letting people in thru one door now,go in without a mask and they will run you down and make you put one on,,,,at least there is hamburger on the shelf again and if you buy their 10 lb rolls it is $2.50 a pound most things can be had and prices are not to much more than they used to be,,,I have a huge store of food here at the house and buying more,,I will soon buy my winter feed supply for the goats ,some time in November I will bar the doors and hibernate until March,,,,,1 tank of gas for the truck,another 20 gal. for the ATV and a hunting I will go

I don't know what to think,,,,,Walmart is only letting people in thru one door now,
I saw that. What kind of genius decided to force everyone to crowd together at one door? It makes social distancing impossible! It certainly does absolutely nothing to keep people safe!

I saw that. What kind of genius decided to force everyone to crowd together at one door? It makes social distancing impossible! It certainly does absolutely nothing to keep people safe!
I think it is about money ,,they are to cheap to pay some one to stand at the second door

Pretty much everything is available here except lysol spray and clorox wipes. Pretty much every time I go to the store for anything I check for those and pick them up if I find them, because we use them a lot at work.

Cases are starting to go back down here again now. Pretty much everyone is wearing masks and most everything is open except bars. I think they will reopen outdoor areas for those soon. Students are going back to school, they are wearing masks unless they are sitting in their desks which are separated with clear plastic dividers. We are putting together a ladies' event at my church and we have to follow distancing guidelines, so I suggested the plastic dividers so we can be closer and have conversation while eating (which is always an important part of church functions at Baptist churches, lol). But the other people didn't like this idea so I don't know exactly how it's going to work out.

I am working more hours and trying to be more mindful of spending frugally and saving more in case something happens. I have a feeling that things are not going to be getting better very soon and will in fact be getting worse.
Lysol spray is hard to come by here. I have bought lots of the concentrate and put it into spray bottles.

Latest posts

Back