What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 10701

When you plant out of the greenhouse try this. I buy distilled water for my husband's cpap machine regularly. I cut the bottom out of those jugs and save sticks from my fruit tree prunings as stakes. Leave the top off to vent heat. Plant your little plant and stake this over it and leave it for a week or two. Protects from frosts, rabbits, some bugs, wind and hail and makes a little tiny greenhouse environment over your plant. Because it is opaque it also gives a little protection from the bright sun. You will see a huge difference between this plant and the one without the jug. Works to keep seeds warm and will help them come up faster because it warms the soil under it when the sun shines. When I finish with them then my husband strings them back up and suspends them from the rafter of the shed for next year. Makes a huge difference. Just a little trick. Hope it helps.

What a grand idea! Will start collecting these now. Thankfully my oldest daughter with 3 kids goes through milk fast. I will get them off her. She just called all upset because her two peach trees were robbed blind sometime last night or this morning. She thinks the squirrels did it because they were acting nuts all day yesterday running along the fence near the trees.

What a grand idea! Will start collecting these now. Thankfully my oldest daughter with 3 kids goes through milk fast. I will get them off her. She just called all upset because her two peach trees were robbed blind sometime last night or this morning. She thinks the squirrels did it because they were acting nuts all day yesterday running along the fence near the trees.

We just bought 2 new live traps squirrel size and a new air rifle for the same reason. For some reason the squirrels are thick. We had a bumper crop of acorns and hickory nuts last year and that may be the culprit.

Got a couple more tips and tricks I'll try to post when I get a spare moment that may help as well. If I forget remind me as I am old and forgetful. Also I have not forgotten I need to post a picture of that red peanut bean that guy gave me. I guess we need to move this conversation to gardening somewhere.

Zucchini Bread fresh out of the oven with walnuts and chocolate chips. Hubby will be in the house momentarily I guarantee ;)

zuke bread.JPG

Got a couple more tips and tricks I'll try to post when I get a spare moment that may help as well. If I forget remind me as I am old and forgetful. Also I have not forgotten I need to post a picture of that red peanut bean that guy gave me. I guess we need to move this conversation to gardening somewhere.

I will move it after dinner DD. You are the BEST!

The only thing new here is that I can post pictures now. Here's one of the house.

Very pretty house Arctic! I must have missed what house this is? It looks new.

EDITING to say I misread. I see it is your house! I really like it a lot! Very much a style that I enjoy.

Last edited:
Worked on checking the bucket seals and contents of our preps awhile this morning again. It’s a slow process because there are so many. They are stacked 4 high, but so far are ok. My hubby is happy because he finally finished putting down mulch around our place. It has taken him 2 weeks, not counting weekends. But it was two big dump truck loads, so it was a lot to put down.

My favorite Chinese restaurant around here is permanently closed now. It’s actually been closed for a long time now but I was hopeful it would reopen eventually. I haven’t seen too many places close so far but have seen prices go up a lot. One place had a surcharge on all dishes with beef in them. Their steak dinner was 7.00 extra. I’m not helping them stay in business anymore.... it’s sacrelige to tax a steak dinner! Other than that the heat and humidity is all that’s new here. Glad to have put the pool in at least.

Worked on checking the bucket seals and contents of our preps awhile this morning again. It’s a slow process because there are so many. They are stacked 4 high, but so far are ok. My hubby is happy because he finally finished putting down mulch around our place. It has taken him 2 weeks, not counting weekends. But it was two big dump truck loads, so it was a lot to put down.

That is a job and a half especially in this heat 🥵

Hunny did my feeding for me this morning to let me have a few more minutes of sleep after getting home at 3:30 this morning from work. I cut off an hour early since we were spending the day down at the beach with granddaughters. The water was great with no undertow and was actually shallow the first 50 yards out.

It really has been tough in this heat. I have to really watch him too because he doesn’t hydrate like he should.

I understand completely mine has a heart history. He gets busy and forgets to drink so I am running water out to him all day and making him take breaks. Geez men 🤪

Very pretty house Arctic! I must have missed what house this is? It looks new.

EDITING to say I misread. I see it is your house! I really like it a lot! Very much a style that I enjoy.
Thanks. It's brand new. We moved in to it in October. Still have a few things to finsh up inside and we decided to put a roof over the rear deck. That'll make it usable in winter. We started putting in the rough landscaping but I doubt if we'll plant anything until spring. Got too many projects going on right now.

Latest posts

Back