What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spent 8 hours in the hospital after a bad fall. Broken foot. Appointment with orthopedic surgeon Wednesday to discuss surgery and inserting screws in the foot to repair the break. Full contact gardening I do not recommend! I am on crutches with a walking boot. Hoping I did not pick up Covid. Overheard Dr. saying the ER had 13 patients waiting for ICU beds.

Stay safe DD
Not good ☹️ Hope it heals quickly

Just spent 8 hours in the hospital after a bad fall. Broken foot. Appointment with orthopedic surgeon Wednesday to discuss surgery and inserting screws in the foot to repair the break. Full contact gardening I do not recommend! I am on crutches with a walking boot. Hoping I did not pick up Covid. Overheard Dr. saying the ER had 13 patients waiting for ICU beds.

Stay safe DD

Oh DD, I am so very sorry you have been hurt! I thought of you several times yesterday as I didn’t see you post...which gets attention from the folks here who I consider a friend. Screws in the foot sounds pretty painful. Will start saying prayers for you. Hang in there ok. We are all sending you good vibes, energy and prayers!

So sorry to hear of your injuries. A couple years ago I fell on hardwood in my diningroom and cracked the tops of BOTH femurs. Luckily, no surgery was required, as bones were all lined up OK. Man, I had to use my mother's walker I had stored away for "one day" to scoot around the house as I could stand no weight on my legs. Luckily this house was built by someone handicapped and all doors are over wide, one of the 5 bathrooms is set up for wheelchair use, and that was all doable. So I feel for your pain and how inconvenient being laid up like that can be. Hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery in the end.

Stay safe DD
Oh goodness, so sorry to hear this. Hope you heal quickly!

This has been an eventful week for me and mine. After my injuries of last week to deal with it seems as if Covid has again visited my family. My oldest son caught Covid early in the pandemic from a European trip and recovered. Then a month or so ago my granddaughter in college was diagnosed with Covid. She also was young and strong and has recovered. My oldest daughter called last week to tell me that she and her husband are both positive as well as my 5 year old granddaughter. My son in law also lost his 90 year old grandfather to Covid last week as well. Thus far my 9 year old and 7 year old grandsons are testing negative but the entire household is quarantined. 2020 has indeed been a year. This virus has become very real to my family.

Stay safe DD

This has been an eventful week for me and mine. After my injuries of last week to deal with it seems as if Covid has again visited my family. My oldest son caught Covid early in the pandemic from a European trip and recovered. Then a month or so ago my granddaughter in college was diagnosed with Covid. She also was young and strong and has recovered. My oldest daughter called last week to tell me that she and her husband are both positive as well as my 5 year old granddaughter. My son in law also lost his 90 year old grandfather to Covid last week as well. Thus far my 9 year old and 7 year old grandsons are testing negative but the entire household is quarantined. 2020 has indeed been a year. This virus has become very real to my family.

Stay safe DD
I wish them all the best, and especially you as well. Having one injury is enough, you don’t need the virus on top of it.

I wish them all the best, and especially you as well. Having one injury is enough, you don’t need the virus on top of it.

I am definitely quarantining now because going anywhere on crutches is a pain in the #*%. Doctor' office is the extent of my traveling or going out. Lots of knitting and reading.

DD is this injury post from last Monday? How did I miss that? What happened and have you any updates.
I was injured last Monday. Just an everyday household fall. Discharged from hospital that night. Went to surgeon Wednesday morning. I have a Jones fracture in my right foot. They will take another xray in 2 weeks and decide if it needs a screw in the bone. I also have a torn meniscus of the left knee. They can only do surgery on 1 at a time. Local hospital is overflowing right now and not sure how long they will continue to do elective surgeries. Doctor wants to not expose me to this virus if possible. Remember I have a compromised immune system . His hope is to be able to monitor closely and allow to heal naturally if possible with later physical therapy. A slower heal but less dangerous.

I was injured last Monday. Just an everyday household fall. Discharged from hospital that night. Went to surgeon Wednesday morning. I have a Jones fracture in my right foot. They will take another xray in 2 weeks and decide if it needs a screw in the bone. I also have a torn meniscus of the left knee. They can only do surgery on 1 at a time. Local hospital is overflowing right now and not sure how long they will continue to do elective surgeries. Doctor wants to not expose me to this virus if possible. Remember I have a compromised immune system . His hope is to be able to monitor closely and allow to heal naturally if possible with later physical therapy. A slower heal but less dangerous.
Torn meniscus is no fun and the fracture sounds even worse. I hope you are able to heal as much as possible without surgery because it is certainly best to stay out of the hospital right now if at all possible! A little girl I know is in and out of hospitals all the time and this most recent time caught the virus and nearly a died. Fortunately she did recover but it was touch and go for a while. I hope your family comes through the virus okay and recover quickly.

Saturday was my hunny's 69th birthday. Have to admit he was depressed, but that turned around when we went to son 3s house. All the kids were there along with all the grands. How can you not be happy about that!! Oldest turned 5 this week and youngest is almost 2 now. Biggest for me was how much I heared "Nana!" . That is pure joy to my heart. I so love my babies!!

Latest posts

Back