What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a clubber of our shooting-ranch we had a cleaning Day. Brushing the backstops to empty them from the bullet remains in bunny suit and N99 mask. In normal years before it looked very strange, but now, bypassers asked us if we are prepared for a corona quarataine shooting.
At the end it was, because some of us brought sixpacks of Corona beer to wash down the lead-dusk. Now our club looks locked and loaded again. But ammo is expensive now... will do some training with my 0.22 Glock.

and the mixed messages we get here from various orgs. ; it's bad..it's not that bad.. we all die..we survive.. masks should be mandatory..then not..this second wave is huge..then not..it's like the wheel of fortune,let's spin it and see what comes up 😂

but the new job is great,new work friends are great, bosses are great,so as a pessimistic Finn I sometimes wonder ; where's the catch?? oh, and for the employees ; we have a gym and a sauna...

The Mad Queen? Pelosi? Can’t stand her

No, the mad queen of WI! The Washington Supreme Court overruled all of her so called laws, but the idiot thinks she can still enforce them for a few more weeks! 🤣

EDIT: Wisconsin Supreme Court, not Washington.

Last edited:
Today was a good Day. Had a heavy back ache but went to the shooting Club with some stabilizer belts around my waist. Got the bulleye 10 times out of 40 shots at 25 yards distance with my Glock34. Personal Best score ever. Seems I need this belts to add to my prepper Stock.

Nice shooting Codokaktus! I keep toying with the idea of getting a long slide fitted to my Colt 1911 to improve my 25 yard accuracy. It's a 15 yard gun at best with the stock slide and barrel. I think I can do the gunsmithing myself.

Nice shooting Codokaktus! I keep toying with the idea of getting a long slide fitted to my Colt 1911 to improve my 25 yard accuracy. It's a 15 yard gun at best with the stock slide and barrel. I think I can do the gunsmithing myself.
If You have the skills for that, to customize Your Gun by yourself, that would be great. But I let my Gen3 Glock customized by a gunsmith. I'm just an accountant without knowledge how to customize such a piece. The major thing for me is, that I can handle the Gun and having trust in it to hang my life on it. I'm currently dancing around to buy a Colt KingCobra .357 ...what a fine piece.

The hardest part is getting the slide fitted to the frame. I may end up having to get help from my gunsmith on that. The rest I have done before. I've replaced everything on a 1911 slide before. There aren't that many parts, I can name them off the top of my head, LOL You've got the sights, barrel, bushing, link, spring, extractor, firing pin, firing pin retainer, firing pin spring, guide rod, and guide rod end cap. You don't even need any tools for anything except fitting the barrel and bushing to the slide and installing the sights.

The hardest part is getting the slide fitted to the frame. I may end up having to get help from my gunsmith on that. The rest I have done before. I've replaced everything on a 1911 slide before. There aren't that many parts, I can name them off the top of my head, LOL You've got the sights, barrel, bushing, link, spring, extractor, firing pin, firing pin retainer, firing pin spring, guide rod, and guide rod end cap. You don't even need any tools for anything except fitting the barrel and bushing to the slide and installing the sights.
Oh boy; sometimes I wish I've could have a direct chat with You about such Essentials. Unfortunately, without a gunsmith licence, it is illegal in old Europe to adjust the lifesaving gears.

Unfortunately, without a gunsmith licence, it is illegal in old Europe to adjust the lifesaving gears.

That's sad. In the "Free States" (as opposed to the Commie states like Cali and NY) we can build our own gun from scratch if we want to, without any paperwork or registration.

Not much new in my community. My little rural county is up to about 800 cases according to dept. of health. We do not go out real often but when we do I see most people wearing masks.

Lots of Trump signs on fences and in front yards though.

We are cleaning up the gardens still. Raking leaves, adding compost and repairing beds as we go. A few winter crops planted turnips, mustard greens, carrots and beets. Hurricane Delta dumped lots of rain on us over the weekend but no bad weather thankfully. Still have a few boxes of dried shell beans yet to pick but that is about all she wrote on the summer garden.

Still getting lots of eggs from the chickens and ducks.

Firewood is stocked which is our backup heat and gutters are clean. The leaves are just starting to fall and the fall colors are not yet at peak. Applesauce in the hot water canner and 20 pounds of peanuts are waiting to be boiled and canned. We are up to nine 5 gallon buckets of walnuts picked up to be shelled for the freezer.

Everyone have a safe week. DD :)

Husband got a call today that the man he had lunch with on Tuesday tested positive for Covid 19 yesterday. He is going to get tested tomorrow and we are keeping our son home in case his dad tests positive.

TODAY IS MY SON'S 29TH BIRTHDAY. I'm so proud of him.
Happy birthday to your son, i am praying that your family’s Covid test comes back negative .

Husband got a call today that the man he had lunch with on Tuesday tested positive for Covid 19 yesterday. He is going to get tested tomorrow and we are keeping our son home in case his dad tests positive.

TODAY IS MY SON'S 29TH BIRTHDAY. I'm so proud of him.
Hoping for a negative result!!

Latest posts

Back