What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems pretty scary in America right now. Though the media appears to be pouring petrol on the fire and fanning the flames at every opportunity. Stories are not told in full and the headlines are inflammatory to say the least. The story about the young lad being shot in his neighbours garden was a small bi line which I had to search for after reading about it on here, I’m sorry but that should have been headline news. I have no idea what led up to the last shooting of the black fella getting in his car, craziness on both sides. Why did he keep walking away after being told to stop, with kids in the car?? Why did the copper shoot him 7 times? Maybe once in the backside would have stopped him in his tracks. The police are in an impossible situation, fearful for their lives at the best of times, now they have to worry about someone shooting them for notoriety. Sorry for the ramble but it’s getting ridiculous, racism is unfortunately alive and well but this is not the way to kill it.

Many red states are moving towards better and better castle laws. When Mississippi passed theirs, the libs had a cow. But the law actually just codified existing Mississippi case law. The legislature was preempting the courts trying to change the case law.
Read these provisions: (the omitted provisions pertain to law enforcement)
2010 Mississippi Code
TITLE 97 - CRIMES
Chapter 3 - Crimes Against the Person.
97-3-15 - Homicide; justifiable homicide; use of defensive force; duty to retreat.

§ 97-3-15. Homicide; justifiable homicide; use of defensive force; duty to retreat.
(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement or omission of another shall be justifiable in the following cases:
(e) When committed by any person in resisting any attempt unlawfully to kill such person or to commit any felony upon him, or upon or in any dwelling, in any occupied vehicle, in any place of business, in any place of employment or in the immediate premises thereof in which such person shall be;
(f) When committed in the lawful defense of one's own person or any other human being, where there shall be reasonable ground to apprehend a design to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury, and there shall be imminent danger of such design being accomplished;
(4) A person who is not the initial aggressor and is not engaged in unlawful activity shall have no duty to retreat before using deadly force under subsection (1) (e) or (f) of this section if the person is in a place where the person has a right to be, and no finder of fact shall be permitted to consider the person's failure to retreat as evidence that the person's use of force was unnecessary, excessive or unreasonable.

(5) (a) The presumptions contained in subsection (3) of this section shall apply in civil cases in which self-defense or defense of another is claimed as a defense.
(b) The court shall award reasonable attorney's fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant acted in accordance with subsection (1) (e) or (f) of this section. A defendant who has previously been adjudicated "not guilty" of any crime by reason of subsection (1) (e) or (f) of this section shall be immune from any civil action for damages arising from same conduct.

It is scary to think you can’t defend yourself in today’s BLM crazed climate. But can you imagine the pressure put on cops right now? Not only do they have to worry about being shot by a criminal but they can’t shoot back without serious repercussions.

Can’t even imagine it Brent. I makes me sad and angry at the same time.

It seems pretty scary in America right now. Though the media appears to be pouring petrol on the fire and fanning the flames at every opportunity. Stories are not told in full and the headlines are inflammatory to say the least. The story about the young lad being shot in his neighbours garden was a small bi line which I had to search for after reading about it on here, I’m sorry but that should have been headline news. I have no idea what led up to the last shooting of the black fella getting in his car, craziness on both sides. Why did he keep walking away after being told to stop, with kids in the car?? Why did the copper shoot him 7 times? Maybe once in the backside would have stopped him in his tracks. The police are in an impossible situation, fearful for their lives at the best of times, now they have to worry about someone shooting them for notoriety. Sorry for the ramble but it’s getting ridiculous, racism is unfortunately alive and well but this is not the way to kill it.

It is wise to never pretend you understand a shooting situation you were not involved in. I don’t mean this to be nasty or flippant. A person, even a police officer reacts to real danger in different ways. Perhaps this officer was a newer one? He clearly feared for his life. I can’t say one way or the other what I would do if put in a life or death situation. A deep part of me says I would fire the weapon until the assailant stopped moving. This guy had felony arrest warrants out on him and had at minimum a knife. This is partly a result of policemen getting murdered for months now across the nation. Cant even imagine how hyped and on edge they are!

My community is a bit soggy right now from the recent storm remnants moving through and it looks like the rain is moving in this morning again. In my small county the number of cases hovers at about 200 cases officially. No deaths.

Most people have their hay in and are wrapping up their gardens like we are. School is back in but few other public group meetings. Stores requiring masks. The leaves are just starting to turn a bit and a few early trees are already losing them.

I talked to daughter number 1 yesterday and got terrible news. She lives in a midwestern small town. After 4 days back at school my 4 year old granddaughter is sick and there already confirmed cases in her preschool class. My 7 year old grandson also has confirmed cases in his second grade class. Preschool through second grade classes have been suspended. My daughter is the school psychologist. Saturday was a family testing day and we are waiting on results some time today.

Stay safe DD

My community is a bit soggy right now from the recent storm remnants moving through and it looks like the rain is moving in this morning again. In my small county the number of cases hovers at about 200 cases officially. No deaths.

Most people have their hay in and are wrapping up their gardens like we are. School is back in but few other public group meetings. Stores requiring masks. The leaves are just starting to turn a bit and a few early trees are already losing them.

I talked to daughter number 1 yesterday and got terrible news. She lives in a midwestern small town. After 4 days back at school my 4 year old granddaughter is sick and there already confirmed cases in her preschool class. My 7 year old grandson also has confirmed cases in his second grade class. Preschool through second grade classes have been suspended. My daughter is the school psychologist. Saturday was a family testing day and we are waiting on results some time today.

Stay safe DD

Prayers for your daughter and grandchildren DD. So sorry to hear they might have to go through this illness.

It's cooling down some. Night time lows are in the 40's and day time highs in the 60's. Still no rain. We're getting our firewood in now and got some hay in the barn. Some friends of ours are selling out their cattle and offered to sell us their hay. They only have about 20 ton to sell but I told them I'll take it. Still have 50 ton in a barn about 30 miles from here that I'll continue bringing home when I feel like it.

Stay safe DD

Prayers for your grand kids and family. Antivirals daily and CDS as needed, they will be fine. This virus is nothing if treated correctly, right away.

Well good news. Tests were negative for Covid for all 3 although exposed. Baby has allergy and tonsillitis issue causing sore throat and fever. Other 2 are symptom free. Thank goodness!
Glad to hear that! Was hoping to hear an update from you before I had to leave for work. Sure that was a relief for all.

Glad to hear that! Was hoping to hear an update from you before I had to leave for work. Sure that was a relief for all.

Haven't seen them in forever! Usually we get the grand kids for the summer but in the height of the virus their parents thought that unwise for everyone. We were hoping to see the oldest graduate high school but no graduation. It would have been agony to know the babies were sick and not be able to see them. We talk on the phone and skype but just not the same. Everyone is healthy other than minor stuff so will just be thankful.

I gathered some of my daughter’s quilt pictures . Can’t find where Dani asked to see them, but here are a couple.

This one was not finished in this pic and the updated one she sent is with the kids in it. This one is blue and white and the other she made just like it except it is black, gray and white.
1599607929448.jpeg

Here is another one...

1599608001017.jpeg

Latest posts

Back