What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to intrude on the conversation ..
but there are a lot of mushrooms in the forest now.
you can go and collect. this will help fight the corona virus.

2013-08-06-0112.jpg

I wish for 79 here in deep East Texas. My office job took me outside today and where I was operating the manual post hole diggers in 95F full sun at 2pm. Digging into iron ore, mostly iron and not much ore...you know the same stuff that Bruce Willis landed his ride-a-long drill on the asteroid in Armageddon. Fortunately the sky high humidity helped keep the temperature in check. Post hole digging is not my super power.

Hey all just got home from work not to long ago. It's still very hot here in CT and there are still people close to me that still don't have power. We had picked up a lot of business today. We finally just got cases of bleach in after not having none for weeks. Been selling a lot of 24pks of water, ice, bacon and canned foods all day. Got about 7 more pallets of water coming in for tomorrow. But in all days work the shift went by fast for me.

My husband had to go have blood work done to renew a prescription. Wait was longer to get an appointment almost 3 weeks. Our doctors office is seeing fewer patients per day due to social distancing in waiting rooms and they can only accommodate so many people during a day and additional disinfecting between patients. So if you have to have something minor like blood tests etc. schedule early.

Also on the medical note a month or so ago when I injured my knee I waited 5 1/2 hours in the ER for an xray and a pair of crutches. My husband was in the small local feed store yesterday and the owner had a wait of 8 hours in the ER and finally his family drove him 2 counties over to a different ER. With the closure of one of the local hospitals near us and covid fear the remaining hospitals in our rural area are insane.

On top of that today in the news the closure of another rural hospital in Celina, TN. due to non reimbursements and staffing shortages due to the virus.

Cumberland River Hospital in Clay County closes due to non-reimbursements, staffing shortages

2400 new cases, 20 deaths and 80 hospitalizations overnight.

Hey all how is every bodies night going? Today is my birthday just hit 34 and 1 of my aunts took me my wife and our son out for a birthday lunch. We had gone to longhorn. As we was leaving we drove around the whole malls parking lot it's going to hell alot of our stores in our mall have closed down and for those of stores still open not as much busy as they used to be. Saw alot of Eversource trucks out in malls lot not sure what they was doing though,

Came home a couple of drinks and had fell asleep for about 5 hours and just woke up not to long ago.

Hey all how is every bodies night going? Today is my birthday just hit 34 and 1 of my aunts took me my wife and our son out for a birthday lunch. We had gone to longhorn. As we was leaving we drove around the whole malls parking lot it's going to hell alot of our stores in our mall have closed down and for those of stores still open not as much busy as they used to be. Saw alot of Eversource trucks out in malls lot not sure what they was doing though,

Came home a couple of drinks and had fell asleep for about 5 hours and just woke up not to long ago.
well happy birthday!

Beaches here in my town close up to drive ins and walk ins just about every other day or so they limited our beaches to about alittle over 200 people on the beaches than once its maxed they close up and turn people away.

Am on paid week vacation for me as of Sunday 9th. Did a lot of walking around today in downtown they are in the process of building a big complex apartment building and they are starting to remodel some things on my old high school. After long walk came home slept a couple hours woke up took wife and son to the grocery store I work at to buy some bleach and other house hold cleaners and more food to stock up on. Store was kinda packed but store is kinda cheap they don't have many regular registers open so alot of people go through self scan switch I kinda hate doing cause it takes jobs away from people.

Got Miss Piggy loaded up this evening to take her into get processed first thing g in the morning. She is one hunny bought last year with hopes of her getting pregnant. After a few months I had the talk with her, but you think she listened to me. . . Heck no! So guess what. . . The butcher we will go. Even with a hot shot, still took us about an hour to load. At @600lbs she knocked thru the hog fence to get back into her pen so that had to get fixed before trying again. That bacon sure will taste good.

@DirtDiva It was right at evening feeding. I had just fed my goats then cleaned out their two barrels that I use for water. I hate when the scum starts on them. I was refilling after adding in some bleach and called mom to just talk. I am making my way back where the pig pen is (located in the middle pasture) when I have to tell my mom. . . "oh heck, he started without me". Miss Piggy was in my goat pasture area so had to get her back into hers which didn't take long. I get so frustrated when hunny thinks he can do everything on his own. . . and then expects me to read his mind! After we get Miss Piggy in the trailor, hunny tells me to go open the gate. . . I knew what he was thinking. I told him, Baby no. Just in case Miss Piggy gets out of the trailor I would much rather her be in the goat pasture rather than running loose in the front yard. I so love my hunny but honestly he doesnt think things thru sometimes.

I finially found a processor to take our meat chickens to. But not until the 18th. And I have to have the chickens there by 6 am, it's a 3 hour drive. At least they won't get overheated on the trip down.
Our bull is starting to walk around a little better now. I'll give him until October before I decide whether to take him to the packing plant. I found a packing plant that buys bulls for slaughter, think McDonald's. That's the same place the neighbor took his mad bull to.

Latest posts

Back