What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have here once again started the debate over masks ; to use or not to use and I think our "babe-gov" have somekind of commitee to discuss the questions ; how,when,where,mandatory,non-mandatory, you know,those times when you just need snappy decision,those babes put up a commitee to ponder over things...🙄

• Tennessee is up to 112,000 cases as of this morning. My little county hovers at around 100.
  • School starts next week.
  • Today is the first day you can request mail in voter cards for the November election due to covid.
  • Census starts next week in our area
  • My husband went to town to pick up some feed and such and stopped by the grocery for dairy and to add to air condition filters stash from Walmart. Supposedly masks are required but they are not enforcing that at all at Walmart or grocery.
  • Lady he said in line was buying pint jars and fussing because she had to buy the jars just for the canning lids. He said the canning aisle was completely bare when he walked by. No vinegar, canning salt or lids of any kind. A few boxes of jars were still on the shelf.
  • Ordered 15 items from Kroger to be picked up at curb and they had 3. So obviously we are back to shortages... I am fortunate that I have not had to touch much of my food storage and just top up the occasional item that we use regularly.
  • Meanwhile the garden continues to roll in. We are picking and canning/dehydrating/freezing everyday. Beans, peas, squash, okra, peppers,cucumbers, tomatoes and melons. My pullets are all laying now and I am getting 8 to 10 pullet eggs consistently every day. Also got my first duck egg yesterday.
  • We continue to leave the property rarely but that is not unusual for us. Maybe a couple times a month to top up supplies as needed. We concentrate our efforts on garden and improvements. We continue to add to our preps regularly.
Stay safe everyone!

Last edited:
Two of my sisters and one brother in law have tested positive for COVID-19. They caught it at the beach. Not ON the beach but at the beach house they were staying at.
Was it rented and not cleaned thoroughly, maybe? Or maybe one member was asymptomatic and passed to others?

hope they all make a speedy recovery.

Somebody was infected and spread it around. The other brother in law wasn't there but was around my sister after she got sick. He is getting tested now.

They all need to get Hydroichloriquin and zinc asap or chlorine dioxide is even better.

I wish them all the best with getting through this Doc. It’s still more serious than the flu but there have been advances in treatments. I still don’t want the virus by any means but at least now we know more about it and know it isn’t as bad as it could have been.

With the older sister I think she and her husband will recover quickly, my youngest sister is the one I'm worried about. She is prone to respiratory infections like I am and gets bronchitis a lot. She and I both have lasting side effects from all the antibiotics we took when young for frequent ear infections.

If she’s under 70 and not chronically ill, she stands a better chance. But sometimes it’s quite random so you must be worried. Waiting to see how bad it gets is the worst part for family.

• Just heard yesterday school will all be online in our smallish county. My daughter who is an incoming junior is devastated. Sports are postponed of course
  • Cases now on upswing in spite of mask mandate. The governor has frozen all counties to be in the phase they are at. One county south of us in Oregon got pushed back to level 1.
  • Our county remains in level 2. Tourism is high for people from Seattle area.
  • The hospital I work at - the largest one in our area (Regional Center) - is seeing a reduction in cases, but I believe its just a matter of time as we have been through this with the swings up and down every 2 weeks or so. We are now seeing readmissions on people previously discharged and bounce backs to ICU after successful extubations and initial improvement.
  • Stores with bare shelves again. Limiting groceries you can buy online.
  • Increasing traffic through our town as well as amount of people camping.
  • Semi-truck traffic seems to also be on the upswing, it is harvest time and many harvest workers in the fields working in close quarters. :confused:

With the older sister I think she and her husband will recover quickly, my youngest sister is the one I'm worried about. She is prone to respiratory infections like I am and gets bronchitis a lot. She and I both have lasting side effects from all the antibiotics we took when young for frequent ear infections.
Sorry to hear about your family. If it's any consolation, I haven't seen anyone in the ICU for covid19 that just has a respiratory condition. It's mostly metabolic syndrome, heart disease and kidney disease. Of course this is all anecdotally. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Just found out that the processing plant where we've been taking our meat chickens to for several years just shut down. Just one more of the hundreds of thousands of businesses that couldn't survive the ridiculous government forced shutdowns. We were scheduled to have our chickens processed this week. I managed to find another processor that's over 100 miles away that might be able to do our chickens next week. We'll probably start processing our own chickens next year, but only after we get set up for it.

It doesn't have to be this way. Chlorine Dioxide will cure everyone quickly, no matter how far the virus has progressed or there age. So many ignorant people, especially doctors.

these are all medical problems in America.
Your medical system is terrible.

Just found out that the processing plant where we've been taking our meat chickens to for several years just shut down. Just one more of the hundreds of thousands of businesses that couldn't survive the ridiculous government forced shutdowns. We were scheduled to have our chickens processed this week. I managed to find another processor that's over 100 miles away that might be able to do our chickens next week. We'll probably start processing our own chickens next year, but only after we get set up for it.

How many do you murder Arctic? It seems like a big job. That's a joke for anyone who doesn't know me.

Latest posts

Back