What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a sense of security, false one,that this crap is over here,it isn't and the bad part is, alot of my colleagues are leaving the medical field,what they say ; enough of shit from the bosses,no respect shown from the management,no gratitude,I'm looking for other jobs,in other fields,
other than that , sweet and peachy ;)

there is a sense of security, false one,that this crap is over here,it isn't and the bad part is, alot of my colleagues are leaving the medical field,what they say ; enough of shit from the bosses,no respect shown from the management,no gratitude,I'm looking for other jobs,in other fields,
other than that , sweet and peachy ;)

I feel like this is how most jobs are. The people who really take pride in their work and are the most knowledgable either have to put their heads down and keep quiet or they are forced out. What we are left with is people who tow the party line but lack the competence to perform the job.

There's so many cases here now, especially among younger and middle aged people. The most recent deaths have been people in their 40s and 50s too.
Just do everything you can to protect yourself. There are 38 states with rising hospital admissions and deaths right now. Everyone should be more cautious with the infection rates so high.

Last week I ordered a load of lumber. I'm adding on to the working corral, building a new "duck house" and a garden shed for the wife. We haven't had any rain this month and the ground is hard as a rock. Only have a dozen or so post holes to dig so it shouldn't take more than a few days.
We repainted the master bath and the pump house. Now she wants to paint the chicken coop. What is it with women and painting things?!
The new fuel tank should be here next week. Going to build a pad next to the generator shed and have it ready to set-up the tank.
Its getting hot here, upper 70's and maybe low 80's next week. We try to get most of the chores done before 1 or 2 o'clock when it warms up.

I’m with your wife on the repainting. Us girls always want to keep things changed up and pretty! Painted the inside of my chicken house a couple of months ago. A lovely pale blue. I’ve been obsessed ever since. 😄
Go in every morning to spray and wipe down every single surface and wall spots. Also sprinkle some PDZ to keep it fresh smelling. I’ve been putting fresh mint leaves from the greenhouse in the nesting boxes. Dust the hanging small chandelier. Don’t laugh at me! My hubby laughs his butt off. It isn’t crystal or anything like that. It’s one of those globe shaped metal ones with the candle 💡 lights in the middle.

Anyway, have fun making the chicken house a pretty color!

Also I have started freezing coke bottles and putting them in my chicken pen in a large rubber bowl of water. The chickens will go for the cold water first always. I freeze 2 liter coke bottles of water and put in the rabbit pens. The rabbits lay up against the cold bottle to cool off. You can also toss bags of frozen mixed veggies in the chicken and duck pen as treats to help with the heat. Lots of shade and lots of cold water.

These are fabulous ideas! Thank you! I will have to buy something in a big plastic bottle today and try this for the chickens. It’s been miserable here too.

I’m with your wife on the repainting. Us girls always want to keep things changed up and pretty! Painted the inside of my chicken house a couple of months ago. A lovely pale blue. I’ve been obsessed ever since. 😄
Go in every morning to spray and wipe down every single surface and wall spots. Also sprinkle some PDZ to keep it fresh smelling. I’ve been putting fresh mint leaves from the greenhouse in the nesting boxes. Dust the hanging small chandelier. Don’t laugh at me! My hubby laughs his butt off. It isn’t crystal or anything like that. It’s one of those globe shaped metal ones with the candle 💡 lights in the middle.

Anyway, have fun making the chicken house a pretty color!

GP we got to keep our ladies (hens) happy!

Is that 109 for all hospitals or just one? What is the death rate looking like there DD?

Tn added right at 2500 new cases in the last 24 hours. 17 deaths in that time frame and 109 hospitalized state wide. In a very rural state with fewer hospitals 109 a day is huge and the beds will run out. Even in my tiny very remote county the cases are rising. Everyone running around not taking any precautions what so ever has come back to bite them in the butt! Meanwhile back at the ranch I just keep canning and keep my doors locked. Social distancing, curbside pickup and lots of cleaning and masks anytime I get out of the car. My choice, my rules!

Tn added right at 2500 new cases in the last 24 hours. 17 deaths in that time frame and 109 hospitalized state wide. In a very rural state with fewer hospitals 109 a day is huge and the beds will run out. Even in my tiny very remote county the cases are rising. Everyone running around not taking any precautions what so ever has come back to bite them in the butt! Meanwhile back at the ranch I just keep canning and keep my doors locked. Social distancing, curbside pickup and lots of cleaning and masks anytime I get out of the car. My choice, my rules!

That’s a huge increase. Keep doing what you are doing DD.You guys are safe and prepared. The rates are still very low where I am and no one is dying from it. Thank the Lord!!

The number of cases is really irrelevant. It's the number of serious cases and deaths that will effect the hospitals and morgues. The reason the bodies are being backed up is due to the funerals being delayed by the stupid shutdowns and restrictions.

Latest posts

Back