What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a truck come in Fri morning so went into work early that evening because I knew we were having a granddaughter coming for Sat. Then got a phone call from son #2 saying I hear you are having company over tomorrow. Would you like some more? :p His wife was away this weekend to spend as a girls getaway with her mom for her birthday. We got to spend the whole day with all 4 girls. I got to bed at 1 am Sat morning and up by 5 am so when it came nap time I took one with them. They all wanted to hang around the goats for awhile and the one that doesn't come to the farm often had to comfortable, but in just a little while she was kissing them. This morning I think we will go out and pick some watermelons, pumpkins, tomatoes and sweet peppers after feeding. Yesterday the oldest got to drive the skid steer with her Pops and the youngest were content just sitting on Nana's tractor to watch. They will be going back home sometime later this morning. I have to go back to work tonight.

I had a truck come in Fri morning so went into work early that evening because I knew we were having a granddaughter coming for Sat. Then got a phone call from son #2 saying I hear you are having company over tomorrow. Would you like some more? :p His wife was away this weekend to spend as a girls getaway with her mom for her birthday. We got to spend the whole day with all 4 girls. I got to bed at 1 am Sat morning and up by 5 am so when it came nap time I took one with them. They all wanted to hang around the goats for awhile and the one that doesn't come to the farm often had to comfortable, but in just a little while she was kissing them. This morning I think we will go out and pick some watermelons, pumpkins, tomatoes and sweet peppers after feeding. Yesterday the oldest got to drive the skid steer with her Pops and the youngest were content just sitting on Nana's tractor to watch. They will be going back home sometime later this morning. I have to go back to work tonight.
It’s always good to get to spend time with family but when faced with 4 hrs of sleep I’m telling everyone they can entertain themselves!

Amen to the sleep. I usually sleep like a log but I've been up since 1:30 because my back, hip and foot are hurting so badly. Ice packs and heating pads are worthless today. That doesn't happen to me.
Take it easy today and give your body time to heal. I know easier said than done.

Amen to the sleep. I usually sleep like a log but I've been up since 1:30 because my back, hip and foot are hurting so badly. Ice packs and heating pads are worthless today. That doesn't happen to me.
sciatic nerve maybe?? I know when that happened to me nothing was relieving the pain and it took about 4 months to heal.

Last week I ordered a load of lumber. I'm adding on to the working corral, building a new "duck house" and a garden shed for the wife. We haven't had any rain this month and the ground is hard as a rock. Only have a dozen or so post holes to dig so it shouldn't take more than a few days.
We repainted the master bath and the pump house. Now she wants to paint the chicken coop. What is it with women and painting things?!
The new fuel tank should be here next week. Going to build a pad next to the generator shed and have it ready to set-up the tank.
Its getting hot here, upper 70's and maybe low 80's next week. We try to get most of the chores done before 1 or 2 o'clock when it warms up.

All grandkids have left. Went home with watermelon, a big Texas pumpkin and pumpkin pie pumpkins. I wouldn't let them go out with goat after they got fed this morning. They were too rialed since it is rutting time and too dangerous. Hunny was standing in walkway thru the barn yesterday when my big boy Duke came running thru. Clipped him behind the knee and he went down. Duke is easily a 250lb boy and normally very gentle. This morning Henry was standing close to me when Duke and Hallie got close. Duke came charging missing me barely and I know he would never normally want to do me harm. Just got to be careful when kids come. See how the animals are acting and decide accordingly.
It has been hot this morning and I am ready for a shower and nsp. Up 3 times last night and Pops slept thru most only getting up once. Work tonight although it shouldn't be bad. I was just there so Need to replenish what was sold. Last week I left stuff for my helper but noticed it didn't get done. Found out that we had call outs and people quit so my helper got pulled to cover other areas. That is why I had to do a 10 hour shift on Wednesday night. Not going to screw myself again this week and will do everything I can.

All grandkids have left. Went home with watermelon, a big Texas pumpkin and pumpkin pie pumpkins. I wouldn't let them go out with goat after they got fed this morning. They were too rialed since it is rutting time and too dangerous. Hunny was standing in walkway thru the barn yesterday when my big boy Duke came running thru. Clipped him behind the knee and he went down. Duke is easily a 250lb boy and normally very gentle. This morning Henry was standing close to me when Duke and Hallie got close. Duke came charging missing me barely and I know he would never normally want to do me harm. Just got to be careful when kids come. See how the animals are acting and decide accordingly.
It has been hot this morning and I am ready for a shower and nsp. Up 3 times last night and Pops slept thru most only getting up once. Work tonight although it shouldn't be bad. I was just there so Need to replenish what was sold. Last week I left stuff for my helper but noticed it didn't get done. Found out that we had call outs and people quit so my helper got pulled to cover other areas. That is why I had to do a 10 hour shift on Wednesday night. Not going to screw myself again this week and will do everything I can.

Men and their hormones.

I love to have my grandkids visit but boy do they wear me out. Are you exhausted yet.

With the current heat situation and no rain I have seen where people are complaining locally of tomato blossoms not setting. This may help explain why

When temperatures rise above 85 to 90 degrees F (depending on humidity) during the day and 75 degrees F at night, pollen will become unviable. Humidity can also come into play. In the extreme humid regions of the U.S., pollen may become so sticky that it does not fall. On the other end of the spectrum, in the arid regions, pollen may become so dry that it does not stick to the female part of the flower. Many gardeners try to gently shake the plant to encourage pollination, but a lot of times it is just not going to work.

Just keep it watered and when temp are more favorable it will set fruit again.

Also I have started freezing coke bottles and putting them in my chicken pen in a large rubber bowl of water. The chickens will go for the cold water first always. I freeze 2 liter coke bottles of water and put in the rabbit pens. The rabbits lay up against the cold bottle to cool off. You can also toss bags of frozen mixed veggies in the chicken and duck pen as treats to help with the heat. Lots of shade and lots of cold water.

Last week I ordered a load of lumber. I'm adding on to the working corral, building a new "duck house" and a garden shed for the wife. We haven't had any rain this month and the ground is hard as a rock. Only have a dozen or so post holes to dig so it shouldn't take more than a few days.
We repainted the master bath and the pump house. Now she wants to paint the chicken coop. What is it with women and painting things?!
The new fuel tank should be here next week. Going to build a pad next to the generator shed and have it ready to set-up the tank.
Its getting hot here, upper 70's and maybe low 80's next week. We try to get most of the chores done before 1 or 2 o'clock when it warms up.

We want things pretty!

I didn't have time, and didn't feel well, to build a new coop for the meat chickens this spring. So a week ago we moved the chicks in to the stalls in the barn. They're putting on weight so fast that they won't be in there long. We turned the 7 hen replacement chicks and the 6 ducklings loose a few days ago. The wife is going to thin her chicken herd soon. Or so she says. We've got 12 ducks running around here now. They are a lot of fun to watch.

I didn't have time, and didn't feel well, to build a new coop for the meat chickens this spring. So a week ago we moved the chicks in to the stalls in the barn. They're putting on weight so fast that they won't be in there long. We turned the 7 hen replacement chicks and the 6 ducklings loose a few days ago. The wife is going to thin her chicken herd soon. Or so she says. We've got 12 ducks running around here now. They are a lot of fun to watch.

Our ducks are the most entertaining thing on the property!

Latest posts

Back