What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel your pain, I worked on a air conditioner and air handler in an attic today . First of all I don’t mind doing my part to keep everyone safe but the homeowner went full OCD on us, we had to spray our shoes with Lysol wear shoe covers , mask and rubber gloves and spray our shoes every time we had to go out to cool down. Rubber gloves are the worst in hot weather.

Got up early and did my watering and am going to take a day off. No canning and no gardening until late this evening. My knee is bothering me a bit so I think I will just stay out of the heat. My county is up to 30 cases so far. Highest it has been. The large cities like Nashville have some scary numbers though. It does seem to be trickling more out into the outlying communities now. Got 2 cloth masks yesterday in the mail from my health insurance company. That wasn't subtle ;)

This is what we've got going on here right now. We missed the first wave almost completely which got people thinking it was no big deal. So they quit being careful.
0EnPi3T.png

This is what we've got going on here right now. We missed the first wave almost completely which got people thinking it was no big deal. So they quit being careful.
0EnPi3T.png

I am seeing lots of that in my community too. People here think because they are rural that they missed the bullet and are careless. I have a funny feeling sooner or later Covid is gonna find rural too and put a whooping on some people if they are not careful. I think people who live in very rural areas think what happens in the outside world does not apply to them. I hope they are right. I am in the "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" camp myself.

I checked the Nashville News this morning. It has been a couple days. Holy crap! 2500 increase in positive cases 24 hours statewide. Just another day in the neighborhood.....

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/n...ds-elective-surgeries-as-covid-19-cases-surge
Williamson Medical Center suspends elective surgeries as COVID-19 cases surge

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/n...hospitalizations-in-tennessee-set-new-recordsCOVID-19 hospitalizations in Tennessee set new records

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/tenn-doctors-say-reopening-schools-is-insane-and-irresponsible
Tenn. doctors say reopening schools is 'insane' and 'irresponsible'

Last edited:
Hindsight being 20/20, I almost feel like all the safety measures we took in the first couple months were a waste. The numbers were so low that the odds were greatly against anyone rural coming into contact with the virus. Now however, this crap is everywhere and with its transmission rate we are more likely to encounter it than ever. I had a 12 hr day yesterday and had that itchy, hot and generally uncomfortable mask on thru all of it. Definitely worth it now.

Some may not appreciate your informative tweets but have to say I do because it gives me something that I can look up and do my own research to form my own opinion on. Sometimes tweets can be very more reliable than what the media reports.

Count me as enjoying them too! And like Dani I do some research on it.

I made myself feel guilty so I went out and started watering bees and chickens. That let to pitiful wilted plants etc. Ended up doing enough so I don't feel guilty.
I’m about to go out and pick blue and blackberries. Need to mow too, and weed eat. it’s just still hot as hades out there.

I picked about half the blueberries and the blackberries tonight. Got 1 1/2 gallons of blueberries and about a gallon of blackberries. I was drenched in sweat so rinsed and dove in the pool. Mowing is on tap for tomorrow morning along with the other half of the blueberries. Weed eating will hopefully get done tomorrow night. I’m taking a ride up to the mountains during the heat of the day. I’m thinking of take out to a stream somewhere.

I picked about half the blueberries and the blackberries tonight. Got 1 1/2 gallons of blueberries and about a gallon of blackberries. I was drenched in sweat so rinsed and dove in the pool. Mowing is on tap for tomorrow morning along with the other half of the blueberries. Weed eating will hopefully get done tomorrow night. I’m taking a ride up to the mountains during the heat of the day. I’m thinking of take out to a stream somewhere.
The other day the wife and I and the dog did the same thing. We picked up some chicken at the store and drove down to the river. The river isn't very far from here, but it's a 4,000 foot drop in elevation from our house. It was 96 there and 75 at home. It was perfect swimming weather.

I mowed and picked another round of blueberries. Got another gallon and a half and still have more than half the berries not ripe. This was by far the best crop I’ve ever Had of them. The bushes are about 7’ tall now and got lots of extra rain earlier in the season so am sure that made a difference. I got berries on the young plants but for them to produce well they need time to mature. Tonight I will pick tomatoes and apples Then weed eat. Right now I’m too tired to go for that drive today... Maybe tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back