What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just bought 2 new live traps squirrel size and a new air rifle for the same reason. For some reason the squirrels are thick. We had a bumper crop of acorns and hickory nuts last year and that may be the culprit.
We have more ground squirrels this year than I've ever seen before. Some of these squirrels are supposedly "endangered". They look more like prairie dogs and dig big holes in the meadows. I made a repeater cage trap for squirrels. It'll catch up to 6 squirrels at a time.
The biggest problem that I have here is with chipmunks. I made a repeater cage trap for them too. I also keep about a dozen of my ermine traps set around the place. It's basically a wooden box about a foot long with a 1-1/2" hole drilled in one end and a trap set inside baited with grain.

We have more ground squirrels this year than I've ever seen before. Some of these squirrels are supposedly "endangered". They look more like prairie dogs and dig big holes in the meadows. I made a repeater cage trap for squirrels. It'll catch up to 6 squirrels at a time.
The biggest problem that I have here is with chipmunks. I made a repeater cage trap for them too. I also keep about a dozen of my ermine traps set around the place. It's basically a wooden box about a foot long with a 1-1/2" hole drilled in one end and a trap set inside baited with grain.

Hubby said picture of repeater trap please!

I was out this morning picking up breakfast for the family, and noticed gas has gone up 25 cents a gallon. Quite a shock. I shouldn't complain since I haven't needed gas in over three months. Maybe that is why I was looking. I need to fill up.
I’ve appreciated the cheap gas for a while now but have noticed it slowly rising too. No doubt a tank of gas lasts a long time for us too. No where to go safely and most places I liked are closed now anyways.

I had a interesting day today,,,I went down near Little Rock Arkansas and was able to watch the people for a while,,,,,if there is any racial unrest going on in Arkansas you would never know from what I saw,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have also noticed the stories about it have died down,,,I am beginning to wonder just how much of that crap was really going on,,,I am not saying it did not happen but I am beginning to think it is only in isolated areas,,,and the MEDIA was just blowing it out of proportion ?????????????????????????????????????????????

I had a interesting day today,,,I went down near Little Rock Arkansas and was able to watch the people for a while,,,,,if there is any racial unrest going on in Arkansas you would never know from what I saw,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have also noticed the stories about it have died down,,,I am beginning to wonder just how much of that crap was really going on,,,I am not saying it did not happen but I am beginning to think it is only in isolated areas,,,and the MEDIA was just blowing it out of proportion ?????????????????????????????????????????????
There is no doubt the media has been fanning the flames in the name of ratings. I think the only bad places have been in the large cities.

This is interesting
Screenshot_2020-07-14-13-52-28.png

Robin, please try to post news articles instead of Tweets. Use a search engine.

Tweets like that one are hard to understand and have no context. Although it is factually correct, it is not very informative.

From that Tweet I gathered that it was from a story on Fox35 about Orlando Health, so I did a DuckDuckGo search on "Fox35 Orlando Health" and found the article right away.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...s-have-not-reported-negative-covid-19-results

Last edited:
Here Robin. I copied it for you. There are other articles with the Governor getting involved because over a 100 testing places reported 100% positive.

The report showed that Orlando Health had a 98 percent positivity rate. However, when FOX 35 News contacted the hospital, they confirmed errors in the report. Orlando Health’s positivity rate is only 9.4 percent, not 98 percent as in the report.
The report also showed that the Orlando Veteran’s Medical Center had a positivity rate of 76 percent. A spokesperson for the VA told FOX 35 News on Tuesday that this does not reflect their numbers and that the positivity rate for the center is actually 6 percent.
“The Department immediately began working with those labs to ensure that all results were being reported in order to provide comprehensive and transparent data,” a spokesperson for the Florida Department of Health said. “As the state continues to receive results from various labs, the Department will continue educating these labs on proper protocol for reporting COVID-19 test results.”

My freaking neighbor is crazy! Hunny has been working on the four wheeler today and got it to where it is not overheating so he wanted to take it out to do a teast run. Getting on I saw where the neighbor was out burning his trash. He doesnt do it by his house and has set up his burn barrel right outside our gate where our propety line borders. On our way out, hunny operates our front gate and then I drive out scoot back for him to drive. Neighbor walks up with his hand extended to my hunny. Neighbor had someone with him so probably wanted to make the good impression was my thinking. Hunny tells him I dont want to shake your hand and then we take off down the road and then turn off down a muddy trail into the woods where we normally go with the four wheeler. It takes us on the the backside of cow pastures, down a pipe line and boarders the LNVA canal. The neighbor comes barreling down the muddy trail stopping right in front of us saying something about throwing rocks. I told hunny to just keep going. . . . Neighbor hopped back into his car to follow us but hunny went down a trail that he was not able to go down. Holy Crap! If anything happens to one of us it is going to be his doing I swear. Same neighbor who tried to flood us daming up the ditches. Same a@@hole who keeps exposing himself to all the females around here. His a@@ was demoted and finally canned from the sheriff's department due sexual harassment. Can only guess it is the same reason he got fired from selling cars and is now supporting himself mowing lawns. Every time we deal with him he seems more unstable.

I told the family today that we would never go hungry for meat because we are overrun with squirrels. I got about 30 acorns out of the pool today because they drop them. They have taken over a large birdhouse too.

Latest posts

Back