Whats in your bug out bag?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Immediately as a SHTF event is occurring, paper money will likely still have value (as long as people think order may soon be restored). Within a few weeks though, it will be worthless. Still good to have in a BOB though.
I'd advise against precious metals. For one thing, it's expensive, for another, you'll NEVER get the same purchasing power as what you paid for it. For example, trading $100 worth of gold for 10 cans of food (that cost $1 each) is a pretty bad return on your investment. Whereas trading a $5 pack of cigarettes for a $100 shotgun is a more likely scenario (assuming the trader has other weapons so just trading a spare).

On the clothes and shoes, why not simply keep them NEXT to your BOB? For example, I'm not going to wear my work clothes home if I have to hoof it. I have a spare set of clothes to change into (and shoes) next to my BOB in the truck. The clothes have lots of pockets, and are pre-loaded with gear. No need to take up room in the BOB...just leave the clothes you're changing out of (but do have spare socks in your BOB).

For the books, just store as pdfs on your smart phone. Service or not, can still access this. Several solar/hand crank/spare battery options for your phone that can be put into a BOB for under $40.

On the first aid kit, do you really NEED a big one? Just how much do you think will happen in 72 hrs? If you have the basics, you're likely ahead of the game.

You don't want a big heavy bag, especially if you aren't used to hefting one (your shoulders will ache, etc.). This kind of makes me giggle a bit, because I am quite used to hauling a heavy bag, but not in some big manly way. I'm used to hauling a heavy pack on my back all day in sweltering theme parks, and being the pack mule of the group...so having a pack on my back is not out of the ordinary for me... :D
hmm this reminds me of a need ! i dont really have anything to put xtra cloths in think ill get a buttbag my bob has the straps for it thx for the reminder gazrok

hey guys im a little new to prepping. i was wondering what are some items should put in my B.O.B. and could you put a list of whats in yours to give me ideas. thanks :)
well in my bag i have , a old hickory butcher knife which i shortened 2 inches and made a sheath for i have a back up fixed blade knife a good pocket knife,multi tool,folding saw, compass, mirror, bandana, mess kit, tin cup,1 spork, canteen, first aid kit, sail needles,para cord,good rope, space blankets, fire starting kits -ferro rod,matches,lighter,magnifying glass" atleast 5x magnification" cotton balls and a hand balm with oils and beezwax to use in conjunction with the cotton balls for fire starting if u cant find dry tender,sodium hypochlorite or bleach for water purification,duck tape 2 -1in. rolls, tarps for shelter, sleeping bag/wool blanket,spare clothing , walmart special freez dried mre's, head light, knife sharpening-wetstone/oil stone or honer, water proof book on outdoor survival -T. Edward Nickens" Field&Stream Outdoor Survival Guide " is a good one . i also have a altoids mini tin fishing kit i put together and a compact sewing kit i got at the dollar store for a buck. then i carry my SAR 9mm on my side with an xtra mag. and a gortex hat on my head cus its cool! lol.

here's a couple of things i got today.in which they'll be going into my b.o.b.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

thought you might figure that one out :) ..and yes it is.pliers-wire cutter-wire stripper-wire crimper-bottle opener-2 phillips-and 2 flat head screw drivers..the other is black pepper-salt-paprika-curry-cayenne-and garlic salt

i have a total of 8 of these....
in which at least 4 wll go in my bob

003.JPG

Last edited:
I personaly are along with a lot of others about what's in mine guns amo is a needed change of clothes I kept 4 days and them some winter stuff and warm socks, past the clothing keep 2 pairs of shoes one just in case the other gets wet and the second to be if the second wears out alwase be prepared for anything also as FEMA recommends you need to have a first aid kit I would have a small surgical kit but that's just me, Don't let your bag get to over weight I have to reduce mine here and there and even though I run 6 or more miles every day but Sunday and bike every day also I still have to tone my bag down just a little on the weight

Latest posts

Back