Whats in your bug out bag ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally love to fish I fish almost every day if I can get to it, in my pack I keep a box of flies for fly fishing I plan to carry my 8 1/2 ft scientific Angler fly rid and close to 30 different flies and a vest, now not all can afford or can carry that much extra stuff so I thought that part over a little and came up with the thought that you should have a box of small and medium hooks and a box of fishing line with that you can make a cane pole out of any branch big enough ad worms should be available almost anywhere depending on the temp. And humidity and all those factors, that's my input on fishing gear

• 9mm pistol
  • 12 gauge pump
  • Heirloom seeds (small assortment)
  • Clothing (season appropriate)
  • First aid kit
  • Field knife
  • Fire source
  • Water (3 days worth)
  • Water purification pump
  • Ammo

I want to get a better backpack for mine and weight wise I have to be careful how heavy my bag is because of my legs but I've crammed in as much as I can.

Water filtration tablets and straw
Food (millennium bars, soup, oatmeal, energy bars)
Cooking set
Hygiene kit
NOAA weather radio
Flashlight
First aid kit
Paracord
Knife
Hand chain saw
Fatwood with waterproof matches
Binoculars
Rain poncho
Solar sleeping bag
Fleece sleeping bag
Weather appropriate clothing
Sturdy pair of shoes
.45 plus ammo
Small shovel
When we can afford it we will be adding handheld UHF/VHF radios to our bags and we also have containers with more gear to put in the back of the truck if we have time. My husband is an over the road trucker and I had actually posted on my blog last week about what is in his kit. If you are interested here is the link http://www.planyouremergencykit.blogspot.com

Hope I'm not breaking any rules resurrecting this older thread, but there are some really great lists on here that have definitely helped my wife and I with out prepping. We just finished getting some more stuff for our bags. We currently have two small duffel-type bags with a shoulder strap each with our bug-out items. Everything inside is contained within ziplock storage bags in case of water. (Catastrophic floods are not uncommon in our part of Texas.)

Both my wife's bag and my bag each have:
2 liters bottled water
2 freeze-dried meals
Rope
Notebook and pencil
Compact mirror
Permanent markers
Candles of a few sizes, lighters, and matches
2 flashlights, one of which is crank-operated
Sunscreen
Floss
Travel tissue
Firestarter bricks (HEB brand but work very well in my experience)
Gloves and a hat
Bandanas
Toothbrush and toothpaste, travel size

My bag also contains:
Spare glasses (can't see a lick without my spectacles)
Extra batteries
My paperback copies of Dune and Ender's Game (personally inspiring, and a lot of Dune is about survival)

My wife's bag also contains:
First aid kit
Extra ziplocks

We've also got a backpack that I can carry that is more tactically themed:
Steel handcuffs
Permanent markers
Mini led flashlight
Large Mag-light (it's usable as a club)
Multi-tool
Two small mirrors
Ankle brace (I have a bad ankle)
Multitool
Ammo for our 9mm, 38 special, .22, .223, and .177 hunting pellets. (We're not looking to start any trouble with anyone but I'll damn sure finish it if someone else tries anything.)

We need more multitools, clothing, knives, water filtration, a small stove, and I want some tactical gear for our weapons and magazines. I figure if we open carry our firepower, people are more likely to pass us by than mistake us for easy targets.

The idea behind multiple bags is that we may be separated but we are planning on doing all we can to meet up if SHTF. We each have essentials, and then I have some of the heavier non-essentials and the tactical backpack because it will limit my mobility less. I'm all about being able to move if you need to. We're also going to prepare a larger bag with sleeping bags, more clothing, food etc with the understanding that depending on the situation, we may not be able to take it.

I'm sure there's plenty else we're still needing but it's an ongoing project. I am so open to feedback it's not funny; kinda why I joined to be honest. It's community that leads to survival.

Word of advice

My personal BOB consist of
Hand sanitizer
Knife
Mid size hatchet
Compact wire snares
1 spool of fishing line
4in by 2in container full of fishing tackle
2 flints
Para cored
Water purification tablets
Water filtration straw
Canteen
2 100 round mags of .223 rounds
Small gun repair kit
2 pair of socks
Compass
3 MREs
Power bars
Batteries
Flash light
Trash bags

Keep in mind, when bugging out you do not want to be found. In the wilderness the best camo you can have is nature. IMO I wouldn't bring shelter there are many different ways to make shelter in nature.

Just added a machete and multitool to my wife's kit, and a Fasthawk and chemical water purifiers to mine. Saw a tanto that I really want to complete my bladed weapon setup but it'll have to wait for another paycheck, heh.

Latest posts

Back