Whats for Thanksgiving dinner?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Prepper

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
We will start with raw oysters on the half shell. Then charbroiled oysters, butter, garlic, parsley, parmisan cheese. Crab and corn bisque deep fried turkey, slow cooked, then broiled bb pork roast. Oyster dressing, shrimp and merliton dressing. 3 cheese baked macaroni cassarol, broccoli cassarol (cream cheese, butter, lite roux, seasoning, Ritz crackers) green beans with bacon, onion, in a broth, sweet potato crunch cassarol, dirty rice, sauted cranberries, turkey gravy, pork gravy, Hawaiian rolls.

Pecan pie, sweet potato pie, bread pudding, pralines and fudge

Everything home made except the Hawaiian rolls.

We will start with raw oysters on the half shell. Then charbroiled oysters, butter, garlic, parsley, parmisan cheese. Crab and corn bisque deep fried turkey, slow cooked, then broiled bb pork roast. Oyster dressing, shrimp and merliton dressing. 3 cheese baked macaroni cassarol, broccoli cassarol (cream cheese, butter, lite roux, seasoning, Ritz crackers) green beans with bacon, onion, in a broth, sweet potato crunch cassarol, dirty rice, sauted cranberries, turkey gravy, pork gravy, Hawaiian rolls.

Pecan pie, sweet potato pie, bread pudding, pralines and fudge

Everything home made except the Hawaiian rolls.
What’s the address and what time do I need to be there? Lol
sounds like a feast fit for a king.
have a great thanksgiving .

Turkey of course. Stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes in orange sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas with onion, sweet pickles and chili peppers, homemade cranberry (chunky) sauce, berry/sour cream jello, pumpkin pie with fresh cream. I just cooked a big pumpkin I grew to make the pies with tomorrow morning. Was watching Townsend on youtube with a recipe for pumpkin pie from the 1700's. Mine actually is similar, except I do add evaporated milk.

What’s the address and what time do I need to be there? Lol
sounds like a feast fit for a king.
have a great thanksgiving .

Go west to the Mississippi River, then follow it south, keep going straight south into Louisiana. When you get to Amite river, keep going after about 2 beers, take a left, drink 2 more beers and turn right at the 4 way light,, go down about 2 miles, take a left and your real close. Just holler for proud prepper!

We start opening oysters about 8:30, on the grill about 10:30, everyone at the table for bisque at 12:15

Go west to the Mississippi River, then follow it south, keep going straight south into Louisiana. When you get to Amite river, keep going after about 2 beers, take a left, drink 2 more beers and turn right at the 4 way light,, go down about 2 miles, take a left and your real close. Just holler for proud prepper!

We start opening oysters about 8:30, on the grill about 10:30, everyone at the table for bisque at 12:15
You got me on beers!

I want to go to PP’s for Thanksgiving! 🤩 We are all gathering at our oldest daughters and SIL home. Around 20 of us. I made our traditional family rolls (put them in the freezer while still hot to keep them moist) and will be making Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole too. Not sure if it is the same recipe as PPs. It has pecans in it. Besides that, it will be a surprise as they haven’t told us. Son-in-law is a private chef, so it’s always flat out amazing whatever he cooks!

Wishing all my fellow Preppers a very Happy Thanksgiving with much joy being surrounded by family and loved ones!!! 🦃🍗🥂

Turkey, dressing, salad, ham, green bean casserole, spinach casserole, corn casserole, blueberry salad, rolls, cornbread...I'm sure I'm forgetting a half a dozen things. Desserts are usually pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and a few others.
But I won't really know til we all get there since it's sort of like a pot luck dinner with over a dozen people bringing food. My wife is making dressing, but it will probably one of three or four different kinds. My son in law is gluten intolerant so she has to make it from 100% cornmeal.

Smoked prime rib, from our beef of course. Seafood chowder made with oysters, clams and shrimp with potatos, bacon, jalapenos, habanaro sauce and other spices. Grilled stuffed bacon wrapped peppers. And two kinds of cheese cake for desert. Beer, bloody Mary's, scotch, bourbon and cocktails for liquid refreshments.

1637788864218.png

Last edited:
Turkey is in the brine, my first attempt at a brine. Actually used a cooler and just keep adding ice. Turkey roaster cleaned up and ready to go. Cranberry Relish made.
Wife has been busy. Cranberry/butternut squash muffins made for breakfast. 2 types of cranberry sauces made. 2 types of pumpkin pies.
Just today’s preps are enough to feed 3 of us for a couple days. If you can’t tell, we like cranberries. Wife is even drinking a cranberry Cosmopolitan.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Set a 14lb. frozen turkey in the refer Sunday afternoon. Still frozen. Sitting on the counter now, maybe it will cool the house off a bit. We haven’t even seen a frost outside yet
Put in lukewarm water now. Use a cooler
Check before you go to bed. Add warmer water if needed.

Put in lukewarm water now. Use a cooler
Check before you go to bed. Add warmer water if needed.
I just checked mine. 40 degrees with ice still floating From 2 hrs ago.
If you can keep under 45, it will thaw without. Above 50 and you run the risk of bacteria growth.

Latest posts

Back