What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted Jerk chicken Jamaican style. Marinated with Soy, oil. vinegar, Jerk seasoning.
No banana leaves, so I wrapped in parchment paper and cooked slow to 140. Cranked the grill up and put a reverse sear on to 165.
Juicy, spicy.
4D0A22CC-992B-4B01-BAF6-CBEB84C35C48.jpeg691577A1-0235-48CA-BAF3-466FA991BBC8.jpeg

I wanted Jerk chicken Jamaican style. Marinated with Soy, oil. vinegar, Jerk seasoning.
No banana leaves, so I wrapped in parchment paper and cooked slow to 140. Cranked the grill up and put a reverse sear on to 165.
Juicy, spicy.
View attachment 17332View attachment 17333

You gotta try this Jerk seasoning!!
This stuff is authentic as you can get. The Wife and I used to go to Negril Jamaica a couple of times a year and we've eaten a whole lot of Jerk chicken over the years and this seasoning is just as good as the stuff they make in Jamaica.
It could be because it's made in Jamaica.
We tuck some under the skin and on the outside toss it in a ziplock and let it marinate overnight.
Then you take some of the marinade and mix it with ketchup,brown sugar or you can use honey or even a bit of both to make your dipping sauce or you can brush it on your chicken like BBQ sauce.
I promise you wont be disappointed.
You can find it on Amazon,we get the large jug and separate it into individual servings in pint plastic containers and freeze it.

1662910682431.png

My husband has a advertising trade with a seafood restaurant. One of the owners called and said something had transpired and they were closing today. He went with friends last night and brought home shrimp, crab claws and other stuff in the fridge. He was going back today but it was already closed. We still had $600 to go, but........ the restaurant was always full so something else caused the close.

So to answer the question, I am having crab claws.

You gotta try this Jerk seasoning!!
This stuff is authentic as you can get. The Wife and I used to go to Negril Jamaica a couple of times a year and we've eaten a whole lot of Jerk chicken over the years and this seasoning is just as good as the stuff they make in Jamaica.
It could be because it's made in Jamaica.
We tuck some under the skin and on the outside toss it in a ziplock and let it marinate overnight.
Then you take some of the marinade and mix it with ketchup,brown sugar or you can use honey or even a bit of both to make your dipping sauce or you can brush it on your chicken like BBQ sauce.
I promise you wont be disappointed.
You can find it on Amazon,we get the large jug and separate it into individual servings in pint plastic containers and freeze it.

View attachment 17334
25-30 years ago I used to do Ocho. Did it once 15 yrs ago, not the same. Much more dangerous.
Had a friend with a store, restaurant combo in NY. I got him to sell me the jerk seasoning It was Grace brand. Can commonly find now.
I have been mixing my own jerk seasoning for 10 years and still experimenting with Pimento Liqueur. Still looking to match the Dr’s recipe for that.

25-30 years ago I used to do Ocho. Did it once 15 yrs ago, not the same. Much more dangerous.
Had a friend with a store, restaurant combo in NY. I got him to sell me the jerk seasoning It was Grace brand. Can commonly find now.
I have been mixing my own jerk seasoning for 10 years and still experimenting with Pimento Liqueur. Still looking to match the Dr’s recipe for that.

Never been all that fond of the Grace Jerk seasoning,the Spur Tree is much better in my opinion.
The Wife and I make our own sometimes,the guys at 3Dives actually gave us their recipe and to be honest the Spur Tree is every bit as good.
We havent been to Jamaica in around 8 or 10 years. We always stayed at the small Boutique type places rather than the large resorts.
We became friends with the bartender at Catcha falling star on the West End and we'd go up to his place in the bush. He had a small restaurant of his own that made the best goat I've ever had.
And yeah it's really changed from when we first started going. Back then you could get a Red Stripe for 50 cents and two lobster tails for 5 bucks.
Now the prices are no better than the US.

I read that it ain't jerk chicken unless you cook it over pimento (allspice) wood . I guess using allspice to season it might be a close approximation.

Pimento wood from the Pimenta dioica (allspice) tree is not to be confused with the pimento chili pepper (Capsicum annuum) that's used for pimento cheese and stuffing olives.

I read that it ain't jerk chicken unless you cook it over pimento (allspice) wood . I guess using allspice to season it might be a close approximation.

Pimento wood from the Pimenta dioica (allspice) tree is not to be confused with the pimento chili pepper (Capsicum annuum) that's used for pimento cheese and stuffing olives.
I believe it’s the bark that burned. The trees reminded me of a sycamore and they regenerate bark like a eucalyptus.

Most commercial jerk mixes rely heavily on allspice. I grind allspice berries for mine.

I soak the berries in a high proof alcohol and gotten the equivalent of commercially available Allspice Dram. The pimento liqueur that used to be made (factory went out of business) was sweeter and a red color.

Locals claimed it had pain relieving properties. A small sip at night and my back was better in the morning. That why I have been trying to recreate it.

Obviously thats Ideal.
We occasionally purchase pimento wood from Jamaica but it's really expensive as you can imagine.
Mild woods like pecan are your best bet here in the US.
You can also buy Allspice/Pimento seeds and use a clean burning charcoal and just toss a handful of the seeds on the fire occasionally.

I believe it’s the bark that burned. The trees reminded me of a sycamore and they regenerate bark like a eucalyptus.

Most commercial jerk mixes rely heavily on allspice. I grind allspice berries for mine.

I soak the berries in a high proof alcohol and gotten the equivalent of commercially available Allspice Dram. The pimento liqueur that used to be made (factory went out of business) was sweeter and a red color.

Locals claimed it had pain relieving properties. A small sip at night and my back was better in the morning. That why I have been trying to recreate it.

They actually use pimento logs in Jamaica burned down to coals.
If you really want to go authentic use green pimento sticks as the your cooking surface and cook your chicken,pork or goat directly on the sticks.

Normally Larry would make red beans n rice on Monday but nobody eats it here but him...so thankfully, he quit making it. Sorry y'all! I'll eat it if i'm super hungry, but dont prefer it, if I have other options. 😏

We had spaghetti, sauce I made/canned cple months ago, meatballs I made n froze cple months ago, salad and garlic bread.

Latest posts

Back