What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh Chicken and Matzo Ball soup.
4A404ABE-B370-4EF0-AAC5-D2D962905FAC.jpeg

We went to my favorite cousin's place for Sunday family dinner, like every Sunday. Tonight was her husband's 76th birthday dinner, and he wanted hot dogs. So I brought potato salad, because he likes that, too. We had chips and salad. For dessert there was banana pudding, pecan pie, cookies, and brownies.

I thought about the "What's for dinner" thread tonight beause I'm laughing at my so called "dinner" tonight..
I worked from 7am til about 6:45 pm give or take, too tired to cook.
Larry who does good to microwave bacon threw a frozen pizza in oven ...sorry but I hate frozen pizza therfore, I passed on that. Hopped on golf cart to go check on mother, came home, shower, jammies...now I'm starving but still can't muster for the pizza. Raid fridge...want something sour...open quart of sauerkraut I canned over month ago...salty as hell...botched that batch somehow! Uggh! Found leftover Coleslaw from yesterday evening..grabbed that and some turkey lunch meat slices, half a block of cream cheese, and pieces of red bell pepper. Rolled the turkey slices in cream cheese, slapped cream cheese on the red bell pepper...pigged out on all the above...I'm sure I'll be swollen up like a poisoned dog tomorrow from the too salty sauerkraut I ate in spite of how bad it was! Beats the heck out of frozen pizza! I'll let yall know if it all comes up or not...haa! Not! 🤢

Yesterday I made dinner 1/2 preps 1/2 fridge. Turned out worth doing again.

Canned chicken seasoned with Lemon Pepper.
Dehydrated Hash Browns small carton

Some pickled Serrano chopped
Some sliced Grape Tomatoes
A little lime juice.

Sorry I don’t measure, just go on the fly.

I'm cooking green baby lima beans with Cajun smoked sausage and shrimp.View attachment 16066View attachment 16067

Love me some Cajun food!!!!
I love living in South Texas,Cajun Creole to the east and Mexican food to the West.
And Tex Mex,BBQ,Seafood and just good old fashioned southern cooking in the middle.

I've got some relatives in the north and I'd go insane eating the bland stuff they eat.

I got no pics but I somewhat redeemed myself tonight as I took a break and put 2 whole fryer hens in air fryer back to back and put some boiled potatoes on with cheddar biscuits in oven and mixed veggie medley...AND it's Friday night! So on porch having couple vodker tonics (night cap) Not bad at all! Got a list for grocery stock up tomorrow...next week will be much better dinner nights! Love all the dinners others have had this week! All sound and look delish! Thanks for sharing!

Love me some Cajun food!!!!
I love living in South Texas,Cajun Creole to the east and Mexican food to the West.
And Tex Mex,BBQ,Seafood and just good old fashioned southern cooking in the middle.
It was like that growing up in Jackson Mississippi - the "Crossroads of the Deep South". TexMex and Texas beef BBQ and steaks to the west, Memphis pork BBQ to the north, Cajun and Creole food to the south, and soul food to the east. Plus we had prominent Greek and Lebanese restaurants.
I describe where I live now as a "Culinary Wasteland."

It was like that growing up in Jackson Mississippi - the "Crossroads of the Deep South". TexMex and Texas beef BBQ and steaks to the west, Memphis pork BBQ to the north, Cajun and Creole food to the south, and soul food to the east. Plus we had prominent Greek and Lebanese restaurants.
I describe where I live now as a "Culinary Wasteland."

I would have thought Georgia would have some good BBQ at least.

Latest posts

Back