What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a rack of baby back ribs in the instapot. Fall apart tender in 30 mins. Great gadget, low energy consumption and it doesn't heat up the whole house during the summer. I’m dieting but still eat good food. Had green beans with potatoes and garlic bread with the ribs. I have a bowl of oatmeal with fruit for breakfast and one really good meal for dinner. I even have a snack at night with a glass of wine, and so far have been loosing just under a pound a day. Honestly, dieting kind of sucks, but allowing myself to eat a good meal at least once a day helps make it tolerable.

so far have been loosing just under a pound a day. Honestly, dieting kind of sucks, but allowing myself to eat a good meal at least once a day helps make it tolerable.

That sucks when your weight starts getting loose, LOL Sags and wrinkles are one of the downsides of getting old.

(sorry I just couldn't resist, LOL)

Don't tell me you didn't get the joke Brent...

loose: [adjective] not rigidly fastened or securely attached. having worked partly free from attachments. having relative freedom of movement.
"loose weight":
E3tRy63.jpg

lose: [verb] to free oneself from : get rid of
"lose weight":
lPlMYAf.jpg

I have learned that working graveyard shifts I have packed on the pounds, . . not a good thing for me getting older and metabolism is slowing down, so I have had to watch what I have been drinking and eating the last few weeks. Yesterday was beef fajitas, but I ate mine over a salad when hunny ate his with tortillas. (Yeah I was jealous) Today I am going to eat a hamburger, without bread. . . I am awake most of the night now but still need to stay quiet while hunny sleeps and vise versa.

I have learned that working graveyard shifts I have packed on the pounds, . . not a good thing for me getting older and metabolism is slowing down, so I have had to watch what I have been drinking and eating the last few weeks. Yesterday was beef fajitas, but I ate mine over a salad when hunny ate his with tortillas. (Yeah I was jealous) Today I am going to eat a hamburger, without bread. . . I am awake most of the night now but still need to stay quiet while hunny sleeps and vise versa.
Night shifts are tough to get used to. We do occasional overnight emergencies and it takes me a few days to get back to normal.

BBQ pork ribs, blackeyed peas and okra with some Cabernet. The only thing missing was cornbread to sop up the potlikker.

These blackeyed peas were dried. This is the first time I've cooked dried blackeyed peas. Man they were sooooo much better than canned!

I can't compare them to fresh because I have only had pink eyed purple hulls fresh, and regular blackeyed peas just aren't on the same plane of existence, LOL. But for regular blackeyed peas, these were the best I can ever remember eating.

BBQ pork ribs, blackeyed peas and okra with some Cabernet. The only thing missing was cornbread to sop up the potlikker.

These blackeyed peas were dried. This is the first time I've cooked dried blackeyed peas. Man they were sooooo much better than canned!

I can't compare them to fresh because I have only had pink eyed purple hulls fresh, and regular blackeyed peas just aren't on the same plane of existence, LOL. But for regular blackeyed peas, these were the best I can ever remember eating.
That sounds really good. It's been a while since I had black eyed peas. I think I might make some next week.

Latest posts

Back