What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made spaghetti this week for my meal preps. I like to the sauce because the sodium content in jar sauce is so high, but I don't always have time for that. But I had some leftover tomatoes from making sandwiches last week so I used those and some low-sodium tomato paste to make my own.

Big fat juicy tomato sandwich and steamed burdock root buns.

iu

Burdock root is about 3 ft long.
iu

It is common in Asian cuisine, especially Hakka, but it's mostly unknown now in the West, At one time it was used as a bittering agent in beer until it was replaced by hops.

Trying to get everything ready for Sally so I haven't had time to do much for supper. I threw some Hakka steamed buns and Chinese dumplings into the steamer to cook while I take a break.

Just a few simple things turned out to be an all day adventure, LOL.

Had to get the shop vac rigged back up for mopping up the basement, just in case. I've been using it as a dust collector in the shop for various pieces of equipment. The plastic nut that holds the filter in place was missing so I had to make a nut for it. Fortunately I had the right tap. Then I had trouble finding the squeegee head for it and the extension tube.

Brought a battery in from the 6KW inverter in the storage room to add to the battery bank downstairs for the 2KW inverter because I use it more than the big one. That was a chore! Damn I'm getting old. I used to be able to carry that thing around. I had to get the hand truck this time. And of course the hand truck had a flat and I had to get out the compressor. It's been so long since I used the compressor I fumbled around with it for a while before I got everything going right.

Alright, I think I'm ready for Sally! Now I can go check on the food in the steamer...

I sure wish I could send some of this rain up to Mav and Arctic!

I made a smaller pot of beef stew in the instapot. I’m really loving the thing now. I was tired and was still able to make a good dinner in about 40mins total with it.
I also picked the last three honeydews out of the garden yesterday so will have some of those with every meal for a few days. Best flavor ever, and am saving the seeds for next year. I’m picking carrots and tomatoes still too.
The weather is finally breaking here. It was chilly early this morning. I’m going to do a pot of chili really soon. I use Ground pork and Beef in it with fewer beans than most do.

For dinner I made some fresh pasta with already made and canned spaghetti sauce with homemade meatballs...a simple caesar salad with sliced olives and homemade croutons. Wine of course and some Dean Martin music to go along! My sweetie danced with me in the kitchen. 🥰
I had a salad and some chips with queso. I wish I could have a glass of wine but I'm on call :(

Latest posts

Back