What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife works tonight. It is her last 12 hour shift after working for 50 years. She is finally retiring. Breakfast will consist of a slice of bacon, crab leg, shrimp, mushroom and cheese omelet, toast, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, cantalope, cashews, almonds, Brazil nuts, grapes, hot chocolate, and if she feels up to it a bottle of champagne. And I put a chocolate bar under her pillow.

It amazes me how few of the people that I work with cook at all. Even most of the women don't have 'time' to bother in the kitchen. I guess someone has to keep Burger King and Taco Bell in buisness. Chicken soup is one of the easiest things to throw together, and is so hearty! They all think I'm some kind of gourmet chef or something from the lunches I bring. I'm far from anything close to that, but I do like to eat real food, that's not only healthier, but is a lot cheaper too. I have to admit though, I can cook a mean steak!
I love to cook. Especially Bar B Q. I put my chef hat and my apron on and cook up steaks on the charcoal grill. I move the steaks around so guests can get their desired color. Plenty of beer. I think this concept goes back thousands of years. After a successful hunt there is a celebration and a feast.

I cooked a pot of red beans, that where stored away from the fall of 2017. They cooked just fine. 1 year old hot smoked sausage from the freezer, also just fine.

I'm only storing some of my meats for up to a year in the freezer to test them out. I may experiment with some and try them after 15 months and 18 months. I really don't have the room to extend beyond a year on my frozen meats anyhow.

I cooked rice and picked up a loaf of French bread.

I cooked a pot of red beans, that where stored away from the fall of 2017. They cooked just fine. 1 year old hot smoked sausage from the freezer, also just fine.

I'm only storing some of my meats for up to a year in the freezer to test them out. I may experiment with some and try them after 15 months and 18 months. I really don't have the room to extend beyond a year on my frozen meats anyhow.

I cooked rice and picked up a loaf of French bread.
We've had meat stored in the freezer for up to 2 years without any problem. We vacuum seal everything and it turns out fine. Generally when we butcher a beef, pork or chicken we try to eat it all before the next years butchering. If we have too much meat left over we'll donate it to the old folks center in town.

I took the family out for a pizza and to celebrate a birthday.

pizzanight.jpg

Steak, baked potato, seasoned green beans, buttered garlic bread, corn on the cob, salad, strawberry shortcake, apple pie, good beer, Hershey bars and snickers bars. Diet? What diet? Happy Father’s Day everyone.

Latest posts

Back