What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoked chicken, sausage, andouille Gumbo and potato salad.
1224201655.jpg
1224201655a.jpg

We had a whole feast planned for our relatives, but they all came down with colds. So we are hoping they can come over tomorrow. We have enough food for an army.

Boxing Day is leftover day 🥳 play games, watch films and eat in pyjamas, I love today!

I'm not a fan of sweet corn bread, but since the celiac disease diagnosis, we have been trying different types. The ALDI LIVING G FREE has definitely been the best. I heated a piece with margarine on it this morning and the crunchiness and texture won me over. Since I can't taste, I questioned everyone and they agree. I'm guessing the regular type would be even better.

I'm not a deep dish fan. I like thin and crispy. Tried a lot of deep dish on trips to Chicago, but I didn't find one I really liked.

My son in law has celiac disease so my wife had to change her recipe for cornbread (and dressing). It had some flour before, but now has none and uses Dixie Lily Self Rising Cornmeal. She uses egg to hold things together. We can't tell the difference.

Every self rising corn meal I have seen is not gluten free. I don't think we have Dixie Lily here. I'll check on line to see if it's available. Thank you.

I have found that some plain corn meal isn't gluten free either. I guess you have to get gluten free meal to start.

I have found that some plain corn meal isn't gluten free either. I guess you have to get gluten free meal to start.

Then it wasn't pure cornmeal. Corn has no gluten. Maybe it was cross contaminated by being processed on equipment that processed wheat?

You can contact the company and ask. Not all gluten free products really need a "gluten free" label. "Gluten free" pure cornmeal is kind of like saying "gluten free" spring water or "gluten free" ribeye steak. It doesn't have gluten unless the gluten is introduced by processing.

Thank you. It's hard to cook biscuits and stuff. I've tried lots of flours, but the biscuits do not turn out good at all.

Actually gluten is hidden in foods like that. Used as a thickening agent. It comes under lots of different names.

Latest posts

Back