What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night we had air fried, grass fed beef hamburger, with tomatoes, provolone cheese, and homemade pickles on 12 grain bread. Damn that was good!
I haven’t tried much cooking in the air fryer yet. Reheats amazingly well though. You’ve motivated me to give a burger a shot.

We've cooked a lot of things in the Air Fryer, mostly frozen stuff like pre-cooked hot wings and pre-grilled chicken. Ours is the pressure cooker type, not the toaster type. I put some water in the bottom to keep things from drying out.
Raw meat only needs a dry rub, nothing else. I always turn it halfway through. It may take some trial and error before you figure out how long and what temperature, but once you get it dialed in it works great for cooking a wide range of foods. You can also steam meat first before air frying, or even use the sous vide mode to heat it to the proper internal temperature first (the way five star restaurants do) and then briefly air fry it to brown it. The possibilities are endless.
Ours also has a pressure canning mode, and I've canned venison stew in it.

I steam frozen Chinese meat buns (baozi 包子) just about every day for breakfast in it. Before, I would sometime forget to check and run the steamer dry, or over steam them. Now I just set the timer which starts counting down when the water starts boiling, and when they are done it goes into "keep warm" mode.
HjU6RA8.jpg

I did grilled burgers and hotdogs, tarter tots and a salad. I’m almost in pain right now from eating too much....

Due to family scheduling we Christmas lunch (and some gift giving) yesterday, Christmas leftovers today and probably again tomorrow. Then I will have another Christmas lunch at work the next week and finally 1 more Christmas meal on Christmas day.

We've cooked a lot of things in the Air Fryer, mostly frozen stuff like pre-cooked hot wings and pre-grilled chicken. Ours is the pressure cooker type, not the toaster type. I put some water in the bottom to keep things from drying out.
Raw meat only needs a dry rub, nothing else. I always turn it halfway through. It may take some trial and error before you figure out how long and what temperature, but once you get it dialed in it works great for cooking a wide range of foods. You can also steam meat first before air frying, or even use the sous vide mode to heat it to the proper internal temperature first (the way five star restaurants do) and then briefly air fry it to brown it. The possibilities are endless.
Ours also has a pressure canning mode, and I've canned venison stew in it.

I steam frozen Chinese meat buns (baozi 包子) just about every day for breakfast in it. Before, I would sometime forget to check and run the steamer dry, or over steam them. Now I just set the timer which starts counting down when the water starts boiling, and when they are done it goes into "keep warm" mode.
HjU6RA8.jpg

Love those. Ate them most days while I was in China.

Our water heater acted up (leak at the water intake line) and the guy working on it didn't finish until 4:00, so we just went and got burgers and tots at the local Sonic.
Sometimes takeout is the best option. Not the healthiest but easy and comforting

I worked late so brought home a family pack of Popeyes chicken. One of my all time favorites. Even got a side order of fried chicken livers. Have been craving them for a while.

It amazes me how few of the people that I work with cook at all. Even most of the women don't have 'time' to bother in the kitchen. I guess someone has to keep Burger King and Taco Bell in buisness. Chicken soup is one of the easiest things to throw together, and is so hearty! They all think I'm some kind of gourmet chef or something from the lunches I bring. I'm far from anything close to that, but I do like to eat real food, that's not only healthier, but is a lot cheaper too. I have to admit though, I can cook a mean steak!
Only one way I'll be able to rate it though

Latest posts

Back