What's for dinner in 2022.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! With the media outlets pushing to cancel it out with their revisionist theories and BS. I hope you all have bountiful dinners today and find lots to still be thankful for. Enjoy family and friends today.

We're frying the turkey again this year, baking a ham, dressing, roasted brussell sprouts, the usual green bean casserole, mashed potatoes/gravy, baked beans, broccoli salad, deviled eggs, and yes PP a crunchy sweet potatoe casserole, and a mac n cheese casserole! Dinner rolls and cornbread, banana pudding, several pies, pineapple cake, and I'm sure I'm leaving a few sides out. It wouldnt be Thanksgiving without the cranberry orange relish and the good ole standby can of jellied cranberry. Looking forward to the leftovers next few days too!
Thankful to be here, thankful to have my mom, n both sons, and ole larry here to spend time with today. Invited our tenant who's a Vietnam vet by himself, but not sure if he'll show, he's a bit anti social. We'll see.

Enjoy everyone and let's give thanks and pray for peace and freedoms ahead in a sane and better world to come!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

This year we are having Thanksgiving dinner with just the kids at my daughter's house instead of the extended family (we'll do the whole shebang at Christmas this year).
So we're not going the whole nine yards...
We are only having oven roasted Butterball turkey with cornbread dressing, cornbread, spinach casserole, sweet potatoes, and collards.

Happy Thanksgiving. Having a smaller spread this year. We are starting off with a seafood gumbo. We are also only have a one butterball baked turkey, baked Macaroni n cheese, green beans and artichokes casserole, shrimp and merleton dressing, oyster dressing, sweet potato crunch casserole, gravy, dinner rolls and cranberry sauce.

Then a pumpkin cheesecake, pecan pie and Bailey Irish cream coffee for dessert.

I'm very thankful to still have my family alive and have all my tier 1 and tier 2 preps completed. Most importantly I'm thankful for being forgiven for my sins and welcomed into Heaven by The real Big Guy! Jesus Christ!

Will squirrel put weight on ya?? My cousins go squirrel hunting and eat them as well as other folks I know in different areas. I can't recall ever eating it in my life and even though I have family that does, I don't recall ever seeing it made or on a table served. I know they make gravy to put over it!
Not that I wouldn't eat them if I have to. How many squirrels does it take to make a decent meal? I guess if shtf around here, I wouldn't starve. We've got more squirrels than you can count here on our property. I'm gonna take a pass on the squirrel for now. Reminds me too much of rats. BUT, I would happily eat it, if I have to.
squirrel is very lean meat so it would not put weight on you . About one squirrel per person with a side item should suffice . Truthfully squirrels are not high on my list of food items . My tribe just like to go old school occasionally as a sort of a survival run for what is ahead .

Happy Thanksgiving to my like minded family. I enjoy our interactions more than most of the family ones.
I have some family here, Turkey Sweet potato rolls, butternut, mashed potatoes and gravy.
Pretty much the same as the my east coast Thanksgiving dinners, just different spices

Tonight I made my Stupid Soup.

My X used to detest me making another meal out of the turkey carcass. “I don’t know why you insist on making that stupid soup out of stuff that should be thrown away”
My current wife and I enjoy our 10 yr tradition of Stupid Soup. Nothing goes to waste.

I ended up shredding leftover turkey, put between flour tortillas, shredded cheese and strips of bacon on for a Cascadia and chopped green onion, egg, little flour and made potatoe cakes out of left over mashed potatoes. I had ended up opting for my collards and kale I put in freezer cple weeks ago from garden instead of Brussel sprouts for Thanksgiving, so I threw those leftovers in a skillet with bacon and a little bacon grease and they were delicious. "Stupid" soup sounds great! I didn't have enough turkey left over to make any soup but gonna make stock with the bones.

My X used to detest me making another meal out of the turkey carcass. “I don’t know why you insist on making that stupid soup out of stuff that should be thrown away”
My current wife and I enjoy our 10 yr tradition of Stupid Soup. Nothing goes to waste.

I make a stupid soup also. I make a roux, add some aundoulli sausage and the holy trinity to the leftover turkey.

This might be off topic, but how many took a nap after dinner on Thanksgiving?? I ate til I was full as a tick! Couldn't hold my eyes open! Stretched out at mother's in a recliner...lights out for about 30 minutes, sons went home and to bed, Larry came to house and went to bed for about an hour..mother, who is only one that doesnt eat turkey, is only one who didn't have to shut her eyes and cop a nap. I did get up and help clean up dishes and put food away after I got my bearings back...whew! Then felt like somebody beat me with a ball bat Friday morning! All worth it every year! 😋

In laws did Thanksgiving so not many leftovers.
My son's work gives their employees each a ham or turkey every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Both He and his wife get one. They gave us one. So tonight its glazed ham and a potato O'Brien-broccoli and cheese casserole with ritz cracker crumb topping.

Wow.
"Thank you" is what she should have said, followed by "I'll do the dishes since you cooked."

Latest posts

Back