What's for dinner in 2022.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just filled my freezer with steaks, these wouldn't fit. :)

Will broil them tonight for dinner.

Attachments

• 20221121_133222.jpg
    20221121_133222.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Threw together a quick garden salad for myself, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion, green bell pepper, that's it, plain jane. Since the fellas on here talking about beef jerkey caused me to slice up, marinate meat for jerkey saturday, I had the 9 trays in dehydrator filled to make on Sunday. I have been munching on it all day! That stuff is so addicting I can't keep it long enough around here for any shtf situation. Everybody eats it.

I am in a "Catch 22" situation. Type 2 diabetes, so carbs must be limited BUT I have an extremely fast metabolism. At 6' and 145 pounds, I can't afford any more weight loss. It has been a very difficult time trying to find an acceptable balance. Hopefully my new intake / medication plan will prove effective.
Tmtt...was wondering how you are doing with your new intake/medication plan?

I know, I am a bit weird! I enjoy this thread reading what everyone has for dinner, including special dietary circumstances others have and how they handle with diet.

EW, sorry wife has to work so long but the kraft mac n cheese statement was good back up..I wanted to hit a sad and a love....
Her hours just make it tough to cook a good meal
I have learned how Cajun spice, hickory spice,etc to keep it interesting for me. She is a purist.

Her hours just make it tough to cook a good meal
I have learned how Cajun spice, hickory spice,etc to keep it interesting for me. She is a purist.

I've added spices and a can of green peas and a can of chicken to Mac n cheese.

Tmtt...was wondering how you are doing with your new intake/medication plan?

I know, I am a bit weird! I enjoy this thread reading what everyone has for dinner, including special dietary circumstances others have and how they handle with diet.
The new medicine regiment is working. Very good glucose reading. Only problem is maintaining my weight. This morning scale reading were 144 pounds. A little low for my height and build but but I am able to at least keep it in the 140 to 146 range. Of course the carbs are needed to gain weight but too much and I run the risk of organ damage. That old "Catch 22" situation. Low carbs equal low glucose reading but also equal weight loss. Thanks for asking. I am not very good about updating my health issues.

Didn't mean to put you on the spot about your personal health. I'm not diabetic but I also have a fast metabolism and struggle to gain weight, so I know it can be as tough to find healthy and appealing dinner options (as well as breakfast n lunch), for trying to put weight on as for those trying to lose it.

I have some left over squirrels in the refrigerator .
Will squirrel put weight on ya?? My cousins go squirrel hunting and eat them as well as other folks I know in different areas. I can't recall ever eating it in my life and even though I have family that does, I don't recall ever seeing it made or on a table served. I know they make gravy to put over it!
Not that I wouldn't eat them if I have to. How many squirrels does it take to make a decent meal? I guess if shtf around here, I wouldn't starve. We've got more squirrels than you can count here on our property. I'm gonna take a pass on the squirrel for now. Reminds me too much of rats. BUT, I would happily eat it, if I have to.

Amish restaurant....
I got a hot roast beef open face with homemade bread, mashed potatoes and brown gravy. A side of sweet corn.
Husband got the Yoder's 1/3 lb bacon cheeseburger with fries
Little granddaughter got the fish bites, tartar sauce, green beans, and french fries

Will squirrel put weight on ya?? My cousins go squirrel hunting and eat them as well as other folks I know in different areas. I can't recall ever eating it in my life and even though I have family that does, I don't recall ever seeing it made or on a table served. I know they make gravy to put over it!
Not that I wouldn't eat them if I have to. How many squirrels does it take to make a decent meal? I guess if shtf around here, I wouldn't starve. We've got more squirrels than you can count here on our property. I'm gonna take a pass on the squirrel for now. Reminds me too much of rats. BUT, I would happily eat it, if I have to.
The little gray squirrels don't have much more meat than a big rat, but the fox squirrels can be huge.
I make "Old World Brunswick Stew" - a recipe that calls for squirrel that was handed down in the family and given to me by my grandmother. I believe it is a Virginia Brunswick Stew recipe from when my ancestors were still in Virginia.
Let's just say...my grandmother's recipe will put hair on your chest, LOL. When I was young I could not eat more than a bite or two and looked forward to the time when I was a grownup and could eat a full serving.

Latest posts

Back