Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturdays dinner.
In the Dutch Oven over the camp fire slow cooked deer.
Sunday it was pulled pork from the Dutch Oven (no pic).

Attachments

• IMG_20230527_180654099.jpg
    IMG_20230527_180654099.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Had to take my Jeep in to replace the windshield today. There's a Taco Bell across the street, so that's what's for dinner.
I guess you don’t have any bad neighborhoods. The worse the neighborhood, the better the taco.

@Arcticdude There is a pretty decent Mexican place 2 1/2- 3 miles north of that grocery store with the gun department. I know there isn’t a Taco Bell in that town (or at least 5 years ago)
I know the one you're talking about. But I was down in Oregon at the time.

This recipe is fabulous!!! It is called Mexican Pizza or Pizza Tlayuda. The flavor is incredible!!!

While the recipe calls for Monterey Jack cheese, I used sharp cheddar, since that was what I had. Also did not put radishes on this, but did add Cherizo. If someone wants the recipe, just let me know. Next time I make it I will add more of the Black Bean mixture, as we loved it!!!

1686494588444.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone every made Sausage Gravy Kolaches? I’ve read that Texas is about the only place in the States that makes them.

View attachment 20039
St. Louis Kolaches has them here in MO. Just another of about 30 or more types you can get. I don’t remember having any type that wasn’t really good.

Has anyone every made Sausage Gravy Kolaches? I’ve read that Texas is about the only place in the States that makes them.

View attachment 20039
I've never seen or heard of these, but they look amazing. What a great early spring meal when you're running low on ideas of what to make with limited pantry supplies!

A few months ago I bought a full brisket. Cut it into 5 pieces.
Did one of the 5 on the smoker. So roughly a $20 pice of meat, probably less more like $15-16 after the discounts
The 2 of us will get 3 meals out of it. Smoked to perfection for two meals, scraps folded into Quesadias For the third.
I would have paid $30 for this piece of meat in the grocery store

Marinated overnight with garlic and Worshteshire. Coated with Kosher salt and coarse pepper,
IMG_0737.jpeg

Finnished product
IMG_0738.jpeg

Damn, I should go on as cooking show.
edit. The rosemary of top was because my wife had to trim back the garden. It added.

Last edited:
Any meat if you can get it vacuum sealed at store level ,when home store it at the back of your fridge( less contact with warm air ) for 14 to 21 days before using, this will help tenderiser the meat before processing , better still if the store can hang it for that time for you , not sure of your processing there , we still get carcasses' here to be cut up

Latest posts

Back