Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sis and I did Italian lasagna, chicken lasagna and spaghetti, because Mom said her husband’s side doesn’t eat lasagne but eats spaghetti. Everyone of them ate lasagna , except her husband so we actually made a lot of that, salad with everything you would want, squash casserole, green beans, garlic bread, strawberry shortcake cheesecake, lemon bars and chocolate sheet cake. His side provided nothing except to show up and eat. On our way home Hunny said he didn’t expect the leeches . . Really this is how things go. They showed up late. Eat time was 12:30 since I had to leave at 1:45 for work. More like 1.

We kept it simple today..cooked out on grill at mothers hamburgers, hot dogs, i made baked beans, Cole slaw, chili, deviled eggs, chips n dip, mother made a cherry cheesecake, lettuce, onion n tomatoe from the garden for burger topping, my canned bread n butter and zesty dill pickes..I also made a veggie pizza, the recipe with the homemade ranch spread and chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red, green n orange bell peppers on top...baked crescent roll dough for the base..we played horseshoes, n corn hole! And some good ole country music playing..weather was beautiful! Neither of my boys tried to pick a fight with the other..got some target practice in with 9mm, grannys 38 special, and my 22 henry rifle..boys had their variety of defense weapons out target practicing, so all was good today...(red neck Patriots mothers day)..Good times! 😊

Recipe I have dying to try. Smoked Shot Gun Shells.
Cananolli stuffed with Beef/beef chorizo, spiced and wrapped with bacon.
Short smoking time, so it wasn’t worth the big stick smoker.
Small gas grill with wood chips for hickory.
Whoops i forgot the BBQ sauce. It would have rounded it out.
IMG_0161.jpeg
IMG_0162.jpeg

The wife and I both work and bring home take out a lot. I recently found that I'm unwilling to spend $10+credit card tax for only 3-piece fried chicken and a spit full of beans so I'm eating at home -for 1994 extra value meal prices. Its now $24 for us and the 4 yo to eat McDonalds drive thru...its what the kid will eat. Whataburger is near $30 and the sit down Italian place up the road is only about $10 more than that with tip included. Keep on pushing $15/hr minimum wage gen Z and you'll find yourself back on food stamps. I say bring on the burger flipping robots. AI can't get the orders any more wrong than the current crew.

Latest posts

Back