Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a roll wilith copy cat recipes this weekend...made "almost white castle burgers"...they actually turned out pretty good! Had twice baked potatoes on side....I'm getting to where I can't eat a baked potatoe unless it's twice baked with all the fixings in it..make them often. They are a meal all by themselves.

On a roll wilith copy cat recipes this weekend...made "almost white castle burgers"...they actually turned out pretty good! Had twice baked potatoes on side....I'm getting to where I can't eat a baked potatoe unless it's twice baked with all the fixings in it..make them often. They are a meal all by themselves.
me too. . . add in jalapenoes along with Ranch dressing and I am on the high horse!!

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Salmon. Honey, soy,garlic glazed. Red pepper flake, parsley, cilantro. I though some balsamic would add to it.
In retrospect, I would start the Sprouts 5 minutes earlier, then add the Salmon
E6C93266-B69A-4FE9-9EA9-AAAE58CD135D.jpeg

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Salmon. Honey, soy,garlic glazed. Red pepper flake, parsley, cilantro. I though some balsamic would add to it.
View attachment 19391

I would have removed the salmon, let rest and put the sprouts back in oven for 5 minutes.

View attachment 19391
A pub up in Arlington VA that we frequent when visiting my son got us hooked on roasted Brussel sprouts. Normally I don't care too much for them, but roasted they are great!

A pub up in Arlington VA that we frequent when visiting my son got us hooked on roasted Brussel sprouts. Normally I don't care too much for them, but roasted they are great!
We used to sear them with some cajun seasoning and chopped bacon in cast iron so they're just a little crispy and serve them over cheese grits. Yum!

Now I really miss bacon.

They're so good for you, too. Well.... I don't know about coated in bacon grease and over cheese. Haha

Doctored up frozen pizza...uggh..larry had dental work today, I had to work n had afternoon Dr. Appt...so he threw in a fast n furious "dinner" on the fly! (That a fly likely wouldn't touch!).. I hadn't eaten all day, so I had 2 small pieces! I'm stockpiled to the hilt with food and may very well die of starvation..
At this point, I'm thinking I'll eat much better if SHTF! 😁

I had some pre-packaged chickpea masala or something. I can't ever tell the difference between Indian food. It all looks and tastes the same to me.

Rare night at home alone.
I love me some chicken Marsala, my wife can’t do the mushrooms. She will cook it for me and cook something else fro her.
think that’s a definition of love.

Bought big pack of tri tip. Thought it was 20 lbs of 2. . Pleasantly surprised it was 5 tritips in that pack. For under $4 a pound and a coupon. $80 net price.
Trimmed 2 to supermarket standards. Trimmed one special to be on the smoker with a little extra fat. . Each of those 3 will be 2 meals.
Took my butchering skill on the last two ( I used to be part of a team that butchered 70 deer a year)
Last night I made what I call poor man’s fillet. Small part tip of the tritip cooked as I would fillet. Cast iron pan, salt, pepper, and a big chunk of butter. Heat oven to 500 and it’s done.delicious.
Tonight, a couple steaks I cut off. Cubed very small and made into Spanish rice. Never made spanish rice without hamburger before. Left over rice gets spooned into peppers for stuffed peppers for tomorrow.
That $80 piece of meat is going to get us 12 meals. And some tallow to boot

Latest posts

Back