Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how I like it.
Does she like crawfish cornbread?

Ingredients
2 Cups Cornmeal

12 Ounces Crawfish Tails

1 Cup Milk

1/2 Cup Canola Oil

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

3 Large Eggs

1 Medium Onion, Diced

1 Medium Bell Pepper, Diced

3 Jalapeño Peppers, Seeds Removed and Minced

1 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded

3 Teaspoons Baking Powder

1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda

3/4 Cup Green Onions, Chopped

Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning, to Taste

1 Box Tony’s Creole Étouffée Base Mix

2 1/2 Cups Cold Milk

3 Tablespoons Butter, Unsalted

1 Pound Crawfish Tails

Directions
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and bell peppers for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and stir in jalapeños. Remove from heat and set aside.
Combine cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, 1 cup milk and canola oil until well combined. Stir wet mixture into the dry mixture slowly, until fully blended.
Add in the crawfish tails, cheddar cheese, green onions and sautéed vegetables, and stir into mixture.
Grease a baking pan or cast-iron skillet and top with the cornbread mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes – check doneness by sticking a fork or toothpick into the center to see if it comes out clean.
While the cornbread is baking, make the Tony’s Creole Étouffée Base Mix according to the instructions on the box.
Slice a piece of cornbread onto a plate and top with a ladle of étouffée. Garnish with more green onions and enjoy!

Attachments

• Creole-For-The-Soul-Crawfish-Cornbread-1-450x538.jpg
    Creole-For-The-Soul-Crawfish-Cornbread-1-450x538.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 0
Crawfish in Kommiefornis? She did do her internship at LSU. I wanted to use it tonight. I may have shrimp in the freezer. I am not opposed to improvising
i'm sorry but we find these mudbugs on a regular basis in our yards. We actually mow down their holes.

Last edited:
I am at 1800ft elevation. First year in 5 that I have seen creeks running naturally And they are running fast.3 miles away is 300ft elevation.
Think my chances of finding a mud bug is slim to none. Used to catch them in rocky bed flat creeks that I could walk up in NY

This is how I like it.

Ingredients
2 Cups Cornmeal

12 Ounces Crawfish Tails

1 Cup Milk

1/2 Cup Canola Oil

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

3 Large Eggs

1 Medium Onion, Diced

1 Medium Bell Pepper, Diced

3 Jalapeño Peppers, Seeds Removed and Minced

1 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded

3 Teaspoons Baking Powder

1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda

3/4 Cup Green Onions, Chopped

Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning, to Taste

1 Box Tony’s Creole Étouffée Base Mix

2 1/2 Cups Cold Milk

3 Tablespoons Butter, Unsalted

1 Pound Crawfish Tails

Directions
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and bell peppers for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and stir in jalapeños. Remove from heat and set aside.
Combine cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, 1 cup milk and canola oil until well combined. Stir wet mixture into the dry mixture slowly, until fully blended.
Add in the crawfish tails, cheddar cheese, green onions and sautéed vegetables, and stir into mixture.
Grease a baking pan or cast-iron skillet and top with the cornbread mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes – check doneness by sticking a fork or toothpick into the center to see if it comes out clean.
While the cornbread is baking, make the Tony’s Creole Étouffée Base Mix according to the instructions on the box.
Slice a piece of cornbread onto a plate and top with a ladle of étouffée. Garnish with more green onions and enjoy!
I had different plans for dinner tomorrow, but now crawfish is stuck in my mind. . . Going to make your recipe.

I am at 1800ft elevation. First year in 5 that I have seen creeks running naturally And they are running fast.3 miles away is 300ft elevation.
Think my chances of finding a mud bug is slim to none. Used to catch them in rocky bed flat creeks that I could walk up in NY
You'd have to go to a year round stream or lake to find a crawdad. I'm pretty sure that even California has crayfish. Some areas in Oregon and Idaho have crayfish much larger than down south. I know of at least one lake that has a commercial crayfish fishery.

You'd have to go to a year round stream or lake to find a crawdad. I'm pretty sure that even California has crayfish. Some areas in Oregon and Idaho have crayfish much larger than down south. I know of at least one lake that has a commercial crayfish fishery.
You are probably correct. Out of the 5 flowing within walking distance, the year round one is a torrent right now. The other 4 haven’t had water in the past 5 years. These all feed into the torrent. You of all people understand the situation.

Eating shrimp poboys from a local family store and deli.
Best shrimp Poboys I had were from a Cajun restaurant in Los Angeles China town. They bought an old Chinese restaurant because it had a smoker.
Place even made it onto Diners, Driveins, and Dives.

Latest posts

Back