Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Prepper

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Cabbage stew with pickled pork, blackened peas, pork roast in gravy, turnip greens, rice and corn bread muffins.

Attachments

• 20230101_150220.jpg
    20230101_150220.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230101_150247.jpg
    20230101_150247.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230101_150258.jpg
    20230101_150258.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230101_150230.jpg
    20230101_150230.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
My version of cheese steak sandwiches, which was onions n mushrooms sautéed with the thin shaved meat all up in an iron skillet, and had to use Sharp cheddar cheese since that's all I had on hand tonight.. used hard/crispy bread loaf, so I made au jus on side to dip it in.. and potatoe salad. Not sure that goes together but had a hankering for homemade potatoe salad tonight...wasn't your typical Philly cheese steak combo..but wasn't bad!

PP your dinner looked waay better! 😊 I hope yall enjoyed!

My version of cheese steak sandwiches, which was onions n mushrooms sautéed with the thin shaved meat all up in an iron skillet, and had to use Sharp cheddar cheese since that's all I had on hand tonight.. used hard/crispy bread loaf, so I made au jus on side to dip it in.. and potatoe salad. Not sure that goes together but had a hankering for homemade potatoe salad tonight...wasn't your typical Philly cheese steak combo..but wasn't bad!

PP your dinner looked waay better! 😊 I hope yall enjoyed!

I'm sure your chees steak was good. I cooked that yesterday, but no potatoe salad:(, had jalapeño kettle chips.

My wife was going to make Split Pea soup. I suggested the 2 lb bag of 14 bean soup mix we had.
I took one look at the liquid in with 2lb of dried beans and said that’s not right. She looked and her computations were off X4
Split into 3 pots added different peppers to each.
Second night added some canned chicken. So it’s half gone.
Needed a break tonight
So now I have to figure out how to make bean soup taste different for another 2 meals.
I am up to the challenge.

My wife was going to make Split Pea soup. I suggested the 2 lb bag of 14 bean soup mix we had.
I took one look at the liquid in with 2lb of dried beans and said that’s not right. She looked and her computations were off X4
Split into 3 pots added different peppers to each.
Second night added some canned chicken. So it’s half gone.
Needed a break tonight
So now I have to figure out how to make bean soup taste different for another 2 meals.
I am up to the challenge.

Cook it down, add some ground meat, hot Chile peppers and spices.... Chile time

Latest posts

Back