What's a girl to carry in her handbag/purse

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Snowflake

Reaction score
I want to sort a small plastic tub for my handbag and am looking for your thought's on this. Basic stuff only as some of my handbag's are small. Here's my thought's.
Flint stick
Drinking straw for putting moss/charcoal in
Snare
Saw,Thread or folding?
Small weapon ?
and if I can fit it in Freeze dry or power bar.

So I think that covers the main thing's Heat,Water,Food,Shelter,Defence .

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
a first aid kit of some kind for where you'll be and all..even if its a small and basic kit

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
small, trial size of anti-bacterial ointment.

A folding saw is pretty big, and the wire ones are good for maybe a couple of actual uses tops.

A folding pocket knife (with a small saw blade) is a better option, Swiss-Army style. Protection and utility. (Protection as in making yourself a spear. I would never want to fight with a Swiss-Army style knife. Don't go cheap here, but no need to go crazy either.

A small folding knife, lock blade, is another good thing to have. (better combat option)

Throw in a battery cell-pack too, basically a normal battery pack that can go on your phone.

Snowflake

Reaction score
a first aid kit of some kind for where you'll be and all..even if its a small and basic kit
Got them in my B.O.B, Car and at home also gona bury at locations. Don't think I could fit one in this small tub.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
just thought i need to get some small and curved sewing needles for stitches for minor to major cuts..i already have a travel sewing kit to put them with..

Snowflake

Reaction score
just thought i need to get some small and curved sewing needles for stitches for minor to major cuts..i already have a travel sewing kit to put them with..
Could fit that in and maybe a thick band to cut blood flow.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
yeah..a tourniquet of some kind..my mom goes to the hospital once every 3 months for a steroid IV for her arthritis.i might be able to get 3 or 4 of them for free.

Snowflake

Reaction score
small, trial size of anti-bacterial ointment.

A folding saw is pretty big, and the wire ones are good for maybe a couple of actual uses tops.

A folding pocket knife (with a small saw blade) is a better option, Swiss-Army style. Protection and utility. (Protection as in making yourself a spear. I would never want to fight with a Swiss-Army style knife. Don't go cheap here, but no need to go crazy either.

A small folding knife, lock blade, is another good thing to have. (better combat option)

Throw in a battery cell-pack too, basically a normal battery pack that can go on your phone.
A germaphobe like me always has room for anti bac. I prob will put a multi tool knife in but like you wouldn't want to fight with it...more likely cut myself and I can use my car key or teeth.

Snowflake

Reaction score
yeah..a tourniquet of some kind..my mom goes to the hospital once every 3 months for a steroid IV for her arthritis.i might be able to get 3 or 4 of them for free.
Frees always the best prep. I seen some research about arthritis, They put the persons hand behind a screen and the screen showed an image of the persons hand being stretched...which it wasn't being stretched and in all case's the persons pain was reduced. Must trick the mind in some way.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
i remembered 2 wicker basket sewing kits my mom has..both are round in shape.and have lids to them.so i got them out and looked into one of them..and i get out one pack of needles.and im like..holy smoke.she got needles for sewing up a horse..i just put 3 small packs of needles into my travel sewing kit.there's 5 large needles in another pack..now i need a new sewing case for my sewing stuff.no problem there..we'll be going to town tomorrow.and i can work on that then by going into the sewing deparment where they have all kinds sewing matireals.

getnready

Reaction score
You should always have more than one source to start your fires. Also rain poncho or tarp/emergency blanket. Folds up small. Has many uses, keeps you from getting wet on the move, make shift shelter, warmth

Snowflake

Reaction score
You should always have more than one source to start your fires. Also rain poncho or tarp/emergency blanket. Folds up small. Has many uses, keeps you from getting wet on the move, make shift shelter, warmth
I've got all that in the boot of my car and when I'm out and about my car's not far away, I want to think way small/basic for my hand bag. I can build shelters and use a bow drill.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Check for posts on EDC (Every Day Carry) suggestions. Personally, a lighter and a multi-tool, along with a paracord bracelet, and I'm set. Recently though, I've added some items to my laptop bag, since it's always nearby. So kind of a mini BOB at the office. My truck has a lot of stuff too, but it's in the parking lot, so if trapped in the building....

Snowflake

Reaction score
Check for posts on EDC (Every Day Carry) suggestions. Personally, a lighter and a multi-tool, along with a paracord bracelet, and I'm set. Recently though, I've added some items to my laptop bag, since it's always nearby. So kind of a mini BOB at the office. My truck has a lot of stuff too, but it's in the parking lot, so if trapped in the building....
Ok will do thx, Your on the basic line I'm thinking about...I hadn't considered being trapped in a building tho, Good planning on your part.