What would you do?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LGirl07

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436129015.572521.jpg

leave.with what i already have,and need.and maybe make stops to grab more stuff on the way out..

Leave by the fastest means possible. Once stuck in the city, you're stuck. Vehicle until traffic jam. Bike if needed, then on foot if I have to, but getting away from population centers is key in that scenario.

Get out if of city get to my home in the hills bunker down if possible

Be. Calm as possible that would be kinda hard long ways to get home for me

More likely than not, I'll be at work when the SHTF, meaning I'm about 40 miles away from my home (and bug in location). Luckily, it is in a pretty rural area, but that's also why I have this commute (as jobs are in the city). My wife too, will be about 15 miles from home (but on my way home).

I carpool and take her to work, and take her home, so she has her own GHB with her at work. Luckily, she doesn't have as far as I do to get home. (and she has a much better shot at getting a ride out of there, as she isn't smack dab in the middle of a city like I am).

My job is in the middle of the city, but isn't too far from my rural ish area. TBH, I'd try to get home asap, get my stuff, and disappear.

Improbable zombie Apocalypse, more likely a bio-terrorism where weponized plagues like small pox, ebola or bubonic plague are let loose.
It is very hard to say what to do. Risk of infection is so high and have to seal your house completely with dead and dying people all around. One is stuck with what water you have. (PS in Australia NSW it is law that all new housed have to have a rain water tank that are linked to the roof gutter system and feed to toilets and washing machine).

In a city of +15,000 I would most likely exit and do the perpper GOOD thing. (get out of dodge). 15,000 might be small for US and European reality.

I would run around screaming hysterically to get the public to run in the direction of the Zombies before quietly heading the opposite direction out of town :), I'm an old soldier towns and cities are just death traps to me, I need to be out of town with room to manoeuvre.

The Finns would think the zombies are Swedes and try to screw them, The Americans would expend half a million rounds in futility, the Brits would have a cup of tea and write a letter of complaint, the South Africans would spend 15 minutes in church and 45 minutes cursing, and the Aussies would do what they always do regardless and have a BBQ.

I would run around screaming hysterically to get the public to run in the direction of the Zombies before quietly heading the opposite direction out of town :), I'm an old soldier towns and cities are just death traps to me, I need to be out of town with room to manoeuvre.

The Finns would think the zombies are Swedes and try to screw them, The Americans would expend half a million rounds in futility, the Brits would have a cup of tea and write a letter of complaint, the South Africans would spend 15 minutes in church and 45 minutes cursing, and the Aussies would do what they always do regardless and have a BBQ.
LOL you have a very good understanding of these cultures. But left out the beer:).

I spoke about the end of the world the other day at work during lunch, my one college a highly educated guy said he has a well stocked bar and a third fridge with a good few cases of beer in it and a well stocked bar. If things fell apart and there was a banking holiday would just sit in his house and drink for a week or two till the grog ran out after that he would not careo_O.

Somehow people survive in cities Syria and Bosnia west bank etc... Cites are nor without resources - to just hit the road under any situation might not always be the best move.

Ya kind of nailed it NR. At least the yanks would be doing something. But you forgot about them holding the beer in one hand and shooting with the other.

Ya kind of nailed it NR. At least the yanks would be doing something. But you forgot about them holding the beer in one hand and shooting with the other.

Nearly :)
Most US States "But you forgot about them holding the beer in one hand and shooting with the other"
Kentucky "But you forgot about them holding the deer in one hand and shooting with the other"
Texas " But you forgot about them holding the steer in one hand and shooting with the other"
California "But you forgot about them holding the queer in one hand and shooting with the other"
NYC "But you forgot about them holding the Knife in one hand and shooting with the other"
Massachusetts " Hiding in the loft" :)

Used to work with a lot of Aussies overseas. I don't remember ever seeing one without a beer, or talking about beer, or planning on getting more beer, or reminiscing about beers past.

Do you know why the Royal Australian Navy has no submarines? Because they cannot light the bloody BBQ on deck at 30 fathoms

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back