What would you do

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The AR‘s are a lot better with dirt and such than they used to be. When I was in boot camp many years ago if the AR (M16) even saw a grain of sand it would jamb. They still aren’t as good at resisting crud and mud as an AK is but really have improved.
as far as a single defensive weapon goes, that’s a tough one. I have several that excell at one scenario or other. No one size anything fits all here.

I do not enjoy cleaning that much.
Talking about real, turn into the armory cleaning. Not just punching the bore and wiping down the BCG.

I do not enjoy cleaning that much.
Talking about real, turn into the armory cleaning. Not just punching the bore and wiping down the BCG.
I had to spend a day helping out at the armory cleaning once. Had a trough with cleaning solution in it to submerge the whole weapon in. Great set up that made quick work of it. Not much fun after the 100th rifle though!

I had to spend a day helping out at the armory cleaning once. Had a trough with cleaning solution in it to submerge the whole weapon in. Great set up that made quick work of it. Not much fun after the 100th rifle though!

We had to make do with the cleaning kit in the butt stock.
After the second time of cleaning, I would then bring my own kit to make things go faster and easier.

Latest posts

Back