What would you do

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A CME takes time to reach Earth, generally days.
Even the Carrington Event of 1859 took about 18 hours to reach Earth. There would be advance warning as a number of agencies and observatories watch space weather on a daily basis. Those who know what that means may have a jump on those not informed. But once the word gets out, the grocery stores are going to be a mad house.

EMP? Is North Korea, Iran, Russia, or China, going to text they are going to launch?
Otherwise, if the power goes out, my cell phone goes dead, that would be I&W of a EMP. I would check with the neighbors if they are experiencing the same. That only increases my theory is correct.

Depending on whom or which reports you believe, if the vehicles on the road at the time of detonation all stop working, the massive traffic accidents and jams may turn many road ways into parking lots. How many average Americans could handle total power loss of their vehicle on the highway at speed? Truckers?

Wife and I are staying home.

I would go to our local grocery and buy what I could. I'd come back and lock down the property, then after it hits, I'd turn on my TV and try to find a station thats still broadcasting. After 10 hours of the event I'd get on my ham radio and try and get some info. I may not get anything for up to 20 hours later, depending on the charge thats still in the atmosphere.

House, garage and 1 truck is protected from EMP, solar flares up to 228,000 amps and lightning.

I would go to our local grocery and buy what I could. I'd come back and lock down the property, then after it hits, I'd turn on my TV and try to find a station thats still broadcasting. After 10 hours of the event I'd get on my ham radio and try and get some info. I may not get anything for up to 20 hours later, depending on the charge thats still in the atmosphere.

House, garage and 1 truck is protected from EMP, solar flares up to 228,000 amps and lightning.

Be advised, for some reason in the prepper community, few seem consider the possibility of a second EMP attack, say 72 to 96 hours later.
Think about it; By then, local, state and fereral governments are trying to or have re-establish communications and emergency power.
What better time to attack again.
Or even a third party, not even involved in the first attack to exploit an opportunity.

Is he still even on the air?
I have no idea as I cut the "cord" back in 08'.
Lol. Jerry is actually a really intelligent decent guy. The whole show is due to he realized he could make a lot more money with trashy entertainment than real journalism. I’ve always thought that the TV wrestling and stuff like the Jerry Springer show just proved there is no hope for humanity.

I think with any advanced warning at all the grocery run would be a wise idea. Likely though if it was sabotage then there would be no warning. We are prepared as well as any for minor or major events I guess. Staying put and homesteading it is my main plan. I would likely take in a few people to help with security and labor to keep everything going as best as could be done.

Unfortunately, yes. His Jerry Springer trash show is still on, and he now has a Judge Jerry court show.

the sister show that spun off featuring Jerry's show's former chief bouncer and CPD cop followed The Springer Show back east (MA? - NJ?) years ago - I think it actually has better ratings these days ....

Be advised, for some reason in the prepper community, few seem consider the possibility of a second EMP attack, say 72 to 96 hours later.
Think about it; By then, local, state and fereral governments are trying to or have re-establish communications and emergency power.
What better time to attack again.
Or even a third party, not even involved in the first attack to exploit an opportunity.

I'm well advised, I will be protected from multiple attacks. Every device I use will be plugged into my protected electrical grid, therefore they will all be protected. I dought a natural big CME event will occure at the same time as a EMP attack.

Your solar powered generator would need to be shielded from EMP or it won't work.

Yup, my solar gen and panels (currently 200w) are stored in a faraday trash can. :)

Along with a few comms units/chargers, LED flashlights, laptop, etc... etc...

I really would like to get a better faraday unit, and I've been on the lookout for a suitable metal storage box. The trash can isn't well received by the Mrs...

An EMP is inconvenient but the nuclear radiation/fallout would be a bigger problem.

If I'm not mistaken, fallout is caused by the radiating of small particulates generated from a surface detonation. These particles become fallout when thrust into the air (atomized in the blast and/or sucked up into the mushroom cloud) and distributed downwind. I don't believe a EMP nuclear attack (in the atmosphere) will cause much fallout. But I could be wrong (I'm no expert like my old man was).

Latest posts

Back