What would be a good 3 man Tent?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monstrosity

Reaction score
Anyone able to make recommendations for a 3 man tent? I have some survival equipment (not much) but am looking for a tent able to hold myself (adult male), wife and a 9 year old child. Needs to have a floor, be somewhat waterproof and sturdy, able to go up and down relatively quickly and also lightweight for backpacking. Want to be able to be mobile. Anyone have good experience with a good tent and/or company they could recommend.

Thanks,

I’d say the best three man tent is slightly bigger than the two man ones and slightly smaller than the four man ones.,.. sorry I couldn’t resist! I am not a tent fan so am no help whatsoever. Personally I like the holiday inn or at least a camper. My old butt likes comfort nowadays

We had, well, still have a Texsport tent for about 35 years now, but honestly haven't used it in 20 years. Held up very well for a light weight tent. Let me tell you some features that it has that set it apart from the ones that were disappointing. First, dome shape is the only way to go. They are the only ones that withstand the wind. All the rest will blow down on top of you. The more poles, the better. They should go together, usually with an elastic cord that goes through the center, in one piece, that arches from the ground, up, over, and back to the ground. Two of these is not enough, three is better, and four is the best. They should go through a continuous sleeve at least two thirds of the way over the top of the tent. Try to avoid the tents that hook on the poles with cheapo plastic hooks that put all the stress just here and there. A sleeve spreads out the load. The floor should be plastic coated and the coating should extend up from the ground at least 5 inches. Buy a sport or duffel bag to carry it in, as the bags that come with the tent are always to small to get all of it back in again without a truly painful effort. Never buy anything smaller than a four man tent, as you will want your gear inside with you when it rains. Six man is just right for three people if you are car camping. If you store your tent away for more than a couple days with any dampness on it at all, just plan on throwing it away, because it will be smelly, rotten and mildewed next time you need it.

Anyone able to make recommendations for a 3 man tent? I have some survival equipment (not much) but am looking for a tent able to hold myself (adult male), wife and a 9 year old child. Needs to have a floor, be somewhat waterproof and sturdy, able to go up and down relatively quickly and also lightweight for backpacking. Want to be able to be mobile. Anyone have good experience with a good tent and/or company they could recommend.

Thanks,
If you have three people I would not recommend a "3 person tent." I would go to at least 4 person. The tent size is literally just big enough for the people to be crammed together on the floor with no other space. If you want to keep any kind of gear or anything in the tent with you then you will want something a bit bigger.
As far as brands or anything I honestly can't make any recommendations. My siblings and I tend to use cheaper tents and just make do. I've gotten very wet a few times. I don't know if higher end brands would have better results.

Latest posts

Back