What Will The Western Half Of The US Look Like During "The Second Dust Bowl"?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right about too many people in California, but they keep letting more (illegals) walk in. So oh well for them. Regarding Oroville Dam in Ca....two yrs ago it was flooding. They upped taxes to pay to redo the dam. They trucked out water and left it in the ocean. That's nuts. Now it's drier than heck because they're having a dry yeat. They should of put a holding area for their excess, because they know what their population is, and they know they keep letting in people from Mexico. They know their water useage will go up.

The left was to abort your children but import these.

The Trans Alaska Pipeline goes up and over mountains too. They have pump stations every so many miles, I think 9 total, to get the oil from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez. Its possible to pipe water long distances using pumping stations along the route. A pipeline in the lower 48 would be considerably cheaper to build than in Alaska. Water just needs to get to the same price as oil to make it feasible.

Trying to imagine paying $3.13 a gallon for water . . . I could see people living in the West and SW paying for that in the not so distant future.

Water table here is about 12ft.

Then I have a secondary dug well, fed by a natural spring. We had to day light a over flow pipe from the well, out to the small drainage ditch that then goes to my pond. The over flow pipe runs year round. I can fill a 5gal bucket in 3 minutes.

Water rights are based on a priority system. That means the older the rights are the longer the owner gets the water. Many water rights around here date back to the 1860's. So if a persons water rights date to only 1910 their water will be shut off sooner than someone with an 1890 water right.
The west has always been dry so a fair system had to be developed to ensure there was enough water to go around to the most water users. I have water rights to my pond. This will ensure that nobody else will file on that water. Water has always been in short supply in the west, and now days there are just too g-damn many people wanting to suck up what little water there is.

It's like that old adage about the frog and the frying pan. If you drop the frog into a cool pan and raise the temp very slowly, the frog won't know what's happening until it has been cooked.
Just go visit Vegas and see if they've turned off the fountains yet. All those Saudi millionaires need their hot tubs and clean whores.

Trying to imagine paying $3.13 a gallon for water . . . I could see people living in the West and SW paying for that in the not so distant future.
I see a market for recycled water showers. I already have the plans drawn up too, all based around a standard drop-in shower unit. 2 10L cans of water, one for washing under, one for rinsing off. 5L would probably be enough though and you definately start at the TOP with this sort of shower

Maybe so, but desalination and a good filtration would work. If everyone wants to live in California, there needs to be some solution to their lack of drinkable water. Telling farmers not to plant is not a solution.

Maybe so, but desalination and a good filtration would work. If everyone wants to live in California, there needs to be some solution to their lack of drinkable water. Telling farmers not to plant is not a solution.

More scare tactics. Most of the west is already desert. Deserts are dry. Yes I agree, there are way too many people living in arid areas where large populations shouldn't be. California is draining rivers, lakes and underground aquifers. Same with the big cities in Arizona and Las Vegas. With open borders and city f$#k's all wanting to move out west its just going to get worse. Plus we have an insane desire to feed the world. All of this needs water, which will be in short supply soon.
Add Colorado to the list.

Look at history, Civilizations have risen and fallen because of abundant water or lack of it. What is now The United States of America has experienced many draughts. Many cultures depended on rain, provided by there Gods to water their crops. People had their hearts cut out to please these invisible demons. Did it work? Sometimes, mostly not. Today? Same drought, different Gods. Move out of the desert. I'll keep my heart.

I started prepping in grade school (in the 70s) the first time I read about water scarcity in a science magazine. I knew I wanted to be some place with water, so I moved to the PNW as soon as I could in my early 20s. What I didn't know was that radical democrats would take over and ruin a good thing.. I was always surprised anyone would move to the desert SW, and more surprised people are STILL there.

CBS News

California tourist town running out of water amid drought
California tourist town running out of water amid drought (msn.com)

The Alegria Inn is paying to truck in water so its guests can shower. "Right now it costs $600 for 3,500 gallons, and that's lasting us a week," said Eric Hillesland, who runs the inn.

Up the street at Café Beaujolais, the dining room is empty three nights a week to save water. Owner Julian Lopez pays about $3,600 a month for water delivery. He said he can't get more water trucked in because "these towns on the coast are starting to shut off the sale of water."

"It's dire and it's only getting worse," town groundwater manager Ryan Rhoades said.

Rhoades said he's considering bringing in water by train. For now, the local high school is offering some of its reserves, but Rhoades said it can only provide about one truckload per day.

Outside some businesses, port-a-potties have replaced closed restrooms in an effort to stop flushing away a precious resource. "It's frightening," Lopez said. "There's a scenario here where people will run out of water."

At some point in the future, they just might look at $600 for 3,500 gallons as a bargain.

Or they had to up and leave their town out right.

Latest posts

Back