What Will The Western Half Of The US Look Like During "The Second Dust Bowl"?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOS0231

Demi-God
Reaction score
https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/what-will-western-half-us-look-during-second-dust-bowl
Be advised if you live out that way, or are looking to move.
And that map is current. I have that site on my bookmarks going back years.

From other reporting I have read and heard (to include scientists from the JPL), CA was going through an unusually wet period from the early 1900s to about the 2000s.
IIRC, Lewis and Clark when they reached the Pacific, they called the region The Great American Desert.

Access to fresh water is paramount to survival.

I’ve thought a lot about the large western cities in dry places and their lack of sustainable access to drinkable water. Right now housing prices are at an all time high and sales are booming across most of the US. If you are truly interested in prepping then there has been no better time to move to an area with access to the most basic resource we all need.

I’ve thought a lot about the large western cities in dry places and their lack of sustainable access to drinkable water. Right now housing prices are at an all time high and sales are booming across most of the US. If you are truly interested in prepping then there has been no better time to move to an area with access to the most basic resource we all need.

A lot of Southern CA water comes from a long way off.

They are also the biggest importer of energy too. That also comes from a long way off.

I’ve got two creeks that flow across my property here. When I was looking for land to build on a creek with a good source was at the top of the list. I just lucked out finding it with two. I also have a deep well, city water, a pool and three ponds. This just shows how important I consider water from a preppers perspective. At least if I ever do have to carry buckets of water to flush with or filter to drink I won’t have to carry it a long way. I think desert is beautiful in its own way but I don’t see it as a good place to call home.

That would be a very big concern for me.

We have a seasonal creek that flows through our property. I’d estimate at least a 1,000 gallons a minute during peak rainy season. Instead of capturing that runoff in a reservoir, the local water district lets all that fresh water flow into the ocean.

We have a seasonal creek that flows through our property. I’d estimate at least a 1,000 gallons a minute during peak rainy season. Instead of capturing that runoff in a reservoir, the local water district lets all that fresh water flow into the ocean.

By seasonal do you mean it goes dry?

We are near the Arkansas river. If you're in Kansas, it's pronounced the "Our Kansas" river. Ha.
Also have our own well.

More scare tactics. Most of the west is already desert. Deserts are dry. Yes I agree, there are way too many people living in arid areas where large populations shouldn't be. California is draining rivers, lakes and underground aquifers. Same with the big cities in Arizona and Las Vegas. With open borders and city f$#k's all wanting to move out west its just going to get worse. Plus we have an insane desire to feed the world. All of this needs water, which will be in short supply soon.

California, Arizona and Nevada all have a problem with math. They can't seem to understand the basics. If you subtract more than you add to a commodity, you will eventually run out. They are using up more water than mother nature is suppling. They will run out as the demand for more water continues. Simple math.

"Mega-drought" depletes system that provides water to 40 million

"Mega-drought" depletes system that provides water to 40 million (yahoo.com)

This part of the Colorado River system is a crucial water supply for Las Vegas, Phoenix, and southern California. It makes the vast agricultural land of the desert Southwest possible. Lake Mead is at just 37% of its capacity.

Rolling brown outs, water scarcity, insane taxes and regulation, violence (and a govt that doesn't want you to be able to protect yourself), homeless crisis, drug crisis,..... who would want to live there?

Water is one of the resources that I shouldn't have to worry about. I have a well on my property (with the ability to handpump in the event of no electricity), a large inground pool, a lake behind me, and a decent sized river on one side. Also have the ability to filter hundreds of thousands of gallons at least.

Rolling brown outs, water scarcity, insane taxes and regulation, violence (and a govt that doesn't want you to be able to protect yourself), homeless crisis, drug crisis,..... who would want to live there?
I'm glad that millions choose to stay there. I wish they all would. Californians typically ruin every place they move to.

Latest posts

Back