What will happen when everyone hits the forest?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 other thing not mentioned regarding food is fishing. Also 1 other thing to remember is. At some point things will start to calm down. Question is... How long? 2 months, 6 months, 1 year?

The best food resource we will have will be fishing. Any game animal populations will dwindle quickly. Every Igit with a gun will think he's Daniel Boone. Families will organize quickly in large hunting parties for deer drives. Areas east of the Mississippi will be hit the hardest. At least in WI we have an abundant resource of lakes and rivers. Minnesota has the claim, "Home of 10,000 lakes". Well, WI has just over 15,000 documented lakes. We had to give MN something to brag about after all they only have the Vikings and no Superbowl wins!

As far as how long things will stay bad is anyone's guess. A full out national or world disaster could take years to come back from. If the loss of the entire power grid would happen lets say from a solar event it could knock us back to the time of Christ. It could take several decades to recover.

Okay, here I am with my philosphies again, I hope you don't mind. Let's say the food supply stops cold. We will all be out there hunting wild game. How long will it last? There will be no conservation, people will kill any game in sight, Bucks, Does, Fawns in any species. I just want to throw that out there to everybody...be prepared to raise your own because living off the land will end quickly.
It will be as bad as the 1800's when they were killing buffalo for the railroads. Everything will be extinct in no time. Then, I feigure either we all become vegetarians or..... Donner Party.....

500px-Donner_route_map.png

These are some scary possibilities. These type of scenarios are what keep me sharp, motivated, and ever vigilant as i prepare. I will be bugging out to a 3300 acre family owned spot on the brazos river. If i can be of help, Pm me for email info. May God help us all.

I was thinking a red can on a fencepost.
Bfree is thinking an 18 megaton warhead. Lol
One things for certain his leaves not doubt there issues that need addressing.
using red on boundaries may be issued, as it is also a sign meaning private property... potentially.

has anyone watched the stand... one of the best tv miniseries ever.
I think they had a way of knowing who was good and who was evil.

none the less... hobo symbols already exist.

All communications are already intercepted so your sign won't be secret to the government.

Also if things get bad enough the internet will start to break down, although parts of it will still function.
What you might find is code phrases like
Mother Abigail said God still loved him, that God loves all, no matter what.

"God loves all, no matter what."

I think some of you arn't really getting how massively serious the world situation would get.

The chances of you bumbing into each other is really damn slim.

Of course with that meet up you will get a better chance to organize in person. None the less doing anything via electronic means will fail,

in order for proper safe communications you need to be in a bubble of sound where your lips are not visible to any viewers, ex. with a mask or hankercheif on, loud music playing random sound to drown out. Although the chances of you being monitored are slim. I assume I am always being monitored, even if the person on the other end doesn't say I'm being monitored.

something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=gcKHBgZ_QKU

Knowing one anothers names will probably be a good sign.

Trusting people you havn't met with your life in a crisis they all expect to get murderous is a stretch.

hobo symbols

https://www.google.ca/search?q=hobo symbols&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RLnHUbyHHYTWqgH314CwDA&sqi=2&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=600

Anyone who knows these signs will either be cool or a suit that knows about cool people.
In a chaos situation both could be considered friendlies.

Its really the people who are norms but are forced to desperation.. I cannot imagine any scenarious other than plague where social order will be a complete collapse you'd need major civil war for that, and I don't think America is really capable of civil war, people don't hate each other enough. Maybe I just don't know enough about america. The only place you see such violent divisions is the jail system. I dont see how America will turn into prison planet over night. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought America came a long way from its hate crime days. I think foreign invasion are also issued. AN EMP coupled with foreign invasion may be prompt but I think that America will be forged together if it faces its mutual annihilation.

Of course 15 to 20 years from now it could be totally different. But I think it would take a nuclear exchange with Russia to really see any short term changes. I am hard pressed to see that happening in the next 72 hours.

Language is naturally acquired common experience is a basis for group language development.

It will be as bad as the 1800's when they were killing buffalo for the railroads. Everything will be extinct in no time. Then, I feigure either we all become vegetarians or..... Donner Party.....

During the great depression a lot of animals were hunted to near extinction but people back then had the skills needed. Today most have the skills to play on deer hunter on their phones but that's about it.

During the great depression a lot of animals were hunted to near extinction but people back then had the skills needed. Today most have the skills to play on deer hunter on their phones but that's about it.
I think they will still go out and kill stuff even if they don't know how to dress it out, clean it or cook it. I see a lot of wasted food, animals left to rot and species near extinction.

I think they will still go out and kill stuff even if they don't know how to dress it out, clean it or cook it. I see a lot of wasted food, animals left to rot and species near extinction.

I agree and one of my fears as well.I predict many will kill a deer or sneak onto a farm and take down a hog,sheep,cow,etc. cut a slab off the hind quarters or a take a leg and leave the rest go to waste,taking only what they can carry off.People don't have to be an experienced hunters to pull this move off.I'm afraid after tshtf,moral hunting ethics will pretty much go out the window right along with everything else.

By day three after Katrina,even cops were looting grocery stores for food.For this reason,I keep both long and short term food stores plus continuously add to my replenishible foods (gardening,canning,raising fast breeding meats,etc).When the proverbial S hits the fan,things are gonna get really bad,really fast.

The good part,I'd like to think,is many of these people won't last for too long before they meet up with someone a little more prepared than them or step onto the wrong persons property.

just a FYI animals ain't the only edible thing in the woods.. people seem utterly ignorant of the fact many trees are edible.

I've been chowing down on tree all day.

most lawns if not mowed turn into fields of greenery that is more nutritiousness than spinach.

There is tons of untapped food source, people are just oblivious to it.

the food is healthier than most supermarket stuff.

people who think in terms of dietary cultural practices common to a normal state in their culture will be left dumbfounded and unprepared when it comes to that cultural infrastructure being destroyed or made unavailable.

Ideally you would plan for "what it will be available" that is all there is to it. Yes even dirt is edible in small amounts and packed full of nutrients. Its not what it looks like now, but what it will look like then.

I'm dumbfounded when I see people using up gasoline to kill their crop. Flushing their natural fertalizers into their drinking water... it is so wrong if you realize how the system works.. the current world is really messed in the head in terms of resource management.
As soon as the infrastructure breaks down things will change.

This is in context of what could happen, I'm still not sold on it being likely short of global war , which is unfathomable. Or a major space event, or major geological event.

all in all prepare for then, do not prepare for then as if it will be like now, it won't.

I think most of the predictions here are likely. Few people these days have hunting, fishing, or agricultural skills.

I for one, have found several ponds that are stocked w/cat fish and know where the live stock are in proximity to my BOL. I also have been paying attn. to the naturally growing plants and fruit trees around i.e. natural growing persemin trees, black berry bushes, and so on. I have plotted these things out on my personal old fashioned paper map. If that's not enuff, I have patterned the local wildlife.

This is not a comment on culture but the natives here in Alaska do not have to abide by many of the game laws here in the state and the areas around the villages are almost devoid of game because of it, despite the fact that the area is supporting a relatively small population. Knowing that, I would hypothesize that most game would disappear rapidly with the break down of rule of law in areas that have a higher population density.

This is not a comment on culture but the natives here in Alaska do not have to abide by many of the game laws here in the state and the areas around the villages are almost devoid of game because of it, despite the fact that the area is supporting a relatively small population. Knowing that, I would hypothesize that most game would disappear rapidly with the break down of rule of law in areas that have a higher population density.

I would give it months and the wild animal population would be destroyed in the lower 48 states, especially in the non-mountainous regions.

Some insects are actually edible. Here in the Philippines, we treat them as a delicacy in some provinces.

anyone care for: Fried Grasshopper, Sauteed June Beetle (this is nice with a slightly woodsy taste to it), or fried black ant thorax (the large variety)? :cool:

Latest posts

Back